Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of my Rhodium Silver R-Sport with a few mods:

* Ceramic paint coat (Gtechniq) - Shot on a bright day so the glossy finish does not show up as much in the pics.
* Painted Brake Calipers Red
* Tinted side windows and added clear ceramic tint on full windshield for heat
* Lightly tinted rear tail lights (Just a shade darker)
* Painted rear bumper gloss black
* Debadged 35T and added an R badge

Attachments

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Nice improvements all around! I like the more subtle changes, like the tails. How and where was this done, and how much did it cost. I like the look..

·
Registered
148 Posts
Looks great! But, uh... "R-Sport" ≠ "R." That's kind of like putting M badges on a BMW 328i. Which I have also seen by the way.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Looks great! But, uh... "R-Sport" ≠ "R." That's kind of like putting M badges on a BMW 328i. Which I have also seen by the way.
I say let it be, if it makes the owner happy. The truth shall be known from the red light..

·
Registered
32 Posts
How is putting "R-sport" badges on a "R-sport equivalent to putting a "M" on a non M BMW? The "S-sport" has them grill and hatch so go for it. I think the red/green badge adds some flavor so i did mine a couple of weeks back, front and back.

I like the gloss black bumper mod...may steal that one.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I think it looks great and I like the changes.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice improvements all around! I like the more subtle changes, like the tails. How and where was this done, and how much did it cost. I like the look..
My detail shop did all the work. The cost to paint the bumper (as well as the rear fender splash lip) was $600.00. They pulled the bumper and painted many coats. He recommended it because they rubber tends to degrade over time and this will keep it in pristine condition. I also like that it matches the rest of the black pack. The brake calipers cost $400, the rear tail light tint was $100, the ceramic window tint was $350, and the paint correction / ceramic coat was $1,500.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wasn't interested in being a poser, but I was a little envious of the "S" badge and thought it looked cool so I just added for the look.

Reactions: Okie

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
My detail shop did all the work. The cost to paint the bumper (as well as the rear fender splash lip) was $600.00. They pulled the bumper and painted many coats. He recommended it because they rubber tends to degrade over time and this will keep it in pristine condition. I also like that it matches the rest of the black pack. The brake calipers cost $400, the rear tail light tint was $100, the ceramic window tint was $350, and the paint correction / ceramic coat was $1,500.
Curious as to why you didn't completely black out the tail lights? I think that would look real sinister. Also curious, what is a ceramic window tint???

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Curious as to why you didn't completely black out the tail lights? I think that would look real sinister. Also curious, what is a ceramic window tint???
For the rear tail lights I wanted a more subtle look so I did not go all out dark, but it still wanted little more contrast to the silver.

Regarding the "ceramic" or nano-ceramic window tint, it is the highest quality of window tint film you can get. It contains neither metal, dye, nor carbon, but instead a kind of ceramic particle that is nonconductive. It cuts 40%-50% of the solar heat which helps cut down on running the AC. And like carbon film, it doesn't hinder cell phones, GPS systems, etc from being operated from inside the vehicle. It is also blocks up to 99% of UV light (the kind of light rays that contribute to interior degradation as well as skin cancer). That is why I did the windshield since that lets in a lot of heat and UV light that bakes the dash and overall interior.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh and I forgot that I also had a clear bra put on the front end which included the head lights ($800) for some rock protection.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
For the rear tail lights I wanted a more subtle look so I did not go all out dark, but it still wanted little more contrast to the silver.

Regarding the "ceramic" or nano-ceramic window tint, it is the highest quality of window tint film you can get. It contains neither metal, dye, nor carbon, but instead a kind of ceramic particle that is nonconductive. It cuts 40%-50% of the solar heat which helps cut down on running the AC. And like carbon film, it doesn't hinder cell phones, GPS systems, etc from being operated from inside the vehicle. It is also blocks up to 99% of UV light (the kind of light rays that contribute to interior degradation as well as skin cancer). That is why I did the windshield since that lets in a lot of heat and UV light that bakes the dash and overall interior.
So the nano-ceramic tint was 350 for the windshield and driver and passenger side window?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So the nano-ceramic tint was 350 for the windshield and driver and passenger side window?
$200 for the windshield and $150 for the driver and passenger side windows.

Reactions: Jman97

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wow! Love all your mods. Well done!

·
Registered
148 Posts
How is putting "R-sport" badges on a "R-sport equivalent to putting a "M" on a non M BMW? The "S-sport" has them grill and hatch so go for it. I think the red/green badge adds some flavor so i did mine a couple of weeks back, front and back.

I like the gloss black bumper mod...may steal that one.
Because as I said before, "R-Sport" is not the same thing as "R." You can get an R-Sport with a 2.0l diesel. In Jaguar parlance, "R" is a step above "S" - e.g., F-Type R vs. F-Type S. When/if the F-PACE R comes out, it will most likely have a 550hp V8. That is why I said this is the equivalent of M badges on a non-M BMW.

That said, to each his own - and again, I think his car looks great.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Because as I said before, "R-Sport" is not the same thing as "R." You can get an R-Sport with a 2.0l diesel. In Jaguar parlance, "R" is a step above "S" - e.g., F-Type R vs. F-Type S. When/if the F-PACE R comes out, it will most likely have a 550hp V8. That is why I said this is the equivalent of M badges on a non-M BMW.

That said, to each his own - and again, I think his car looks great.
Yes I think I was a bit ignorant of the Jaguar R-Sport vs the R badging. Hopefully when the 550hp engine comes out it will be badged as a SVR so I am not such a poser.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wonder anyone knows if the calipers between Rsport and S are the same size?
Thinking of painting mine too but rear caliper in the Rsport looks very tiny too me

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I don't know why, but I do like the color of this F-Pace:cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts