Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the problem with the reverse mirror dip not fully returning to the correct position. I noticed that Topix has a new article:

SSM72925 - Reverse Mirror Dip Return Position

Does anyone know what the article says?

·
F Pace Expert
2,561 Posts
I might have heard door module software problem, software patch available, each door has its own module and needs patch. Get thee to thine dealer.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have the problem with the reverse mirror dip not fully returning to the correct position. I noticed that Topix has a new article:

Does anyone know what the article says?
My dip mirror does not go back to the correct position either . I always have to raise it after backing up .

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Ours works most of the time, however I've noticed on occasion it doesn't come back. I'll add it to the list...

·
Registered
477 Posts
Same with mine. I mentioned it to my dealer a month ago and supposedly they fixed it but it still happen on occasion.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I suppose next time I am around the dealer I will let them know . I don't feel that it is something I should bring in , just for that . Wish I would have realized that it was a glitch earlier , I would have had them fix it when they had my car to fix the creak and check engine light.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Everybody seems to have this problem. But I don't consider it a big deal as it doesn't always happen. I even experienced it on occasion with my Lexus. I'd like it fixed on my F-Pace, but there are other issues more deserving of immediate attention.

·
F Pace Expert
2,561 Posts
It's a simple software update that can definitely be done when in for something else. Shouldn't take long at all.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
It's a simple software update that can definitely be done when in for something else. Shouldn't take long at all.
Yeah, I won't bring my car in for this alone but I'll certainly add it to the list of things for when we bring it in again.

Coincidentally that's on Tuesday, and my list is like 15 things long.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the same issue, I did notice one thing. The mirror doesn't return back to the original position if I shutdown the engine too fast. When I park I put the car in R and than put it in P quick than turn off the engine the mirror kind of stuck. It almost seems like doesn't have enough time to return to the original position before the power is cut.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I haven't noticed this issue, but only my right mirror dips. Is this how it's supposed to work? Is there a way to have it dip both mirrors?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Working as designed; passenger side only.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
F Pace Expert
2,561 Posts
There is a new Topix item on reverse mirror dip, sounds like the old one. Basically, additional door module software updates:

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Overlapping VIN Range VZX? I had mine go a little wonky the other day in that it didn't dip but it's only happened one since all the software updates were done, so I haven't been very worried about it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts