Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi, recently when I reversed the display just shown some blue boxes (pls refer to the attached picture). after I switch off and restart the engine and it is ok again. anyone experienced similar issue?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I've never seen that one. I have seen where the reverse camera is a little slow to come up, or it overlays the sensor screen when I really want the reverse camera, but not that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
This has happened to me before. It usually occurs when I first start the car and throw it in reverse before the screen has a chance to fully boot up. Doesnt happen all the time though.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I've also started to see where CarPlay will overlay the reverse screen just as you are reversing and expecting it to be there. About 3 to 5 seconds later, most of the time, the reverse camera comes back, but not all the time. It's one on my list for Jag when I take the 2019 in for it's first service. Small list so far that includes this one, supporting getting the software update and noisy sunroof over big bumps.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mine never shut down completely, but when I first got my 20d w/ ICT, My reverse camera would occasionally “lock up.” It would just show a static image from when the reverse gear was first selected. The repair for that, combined w/ the Sirius radio locking up, required re-fitting the entire unit. No problems since.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Don’t see an attachment, but I think have the same issue. 90% of the time when backing into a spot the camera will lock and disappear for a few seconds then come back. Kind of annoying but not taking it in just for that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same happen with the reverse camera on my 2019 F-pace, and only recently I had all the cameras not work. I get a message that says “Drive to activate sensors” but nothing seems to help except turning off the car and letting it sit for a while. Turning it off and immediately back on doesn’t help when it decides to dump the cameras, I’m stumped and really don’t want to take it in...ugh.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The same problems I am having with 2020 I Pace HSE , I know this is F Pace forum , but I just wanted to point out that this is the global problem for Jaguar Multimedia Software/Hardware. Freezing screen, Camera malfunctions, Music sound problems when listening to USB Flash drive MP4 video files, 360 cameras are not working properly and are generally useless because 360 View is activated only when the vehicle is in the park or forward moving and doesn't work when you are backing up which is the main point having them. I know that 2021 models have better software and hardware but we shouldn't suffer with our brand new Jags!

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
The same problems I am having with 2020 I Pace HSE , I know this is F Pace forum , but I just wanted to point out that this is the global problem for Jaguar Multimedia Software/Hardware. Freezing screen, Camera malfunctions, Music sound problems when listening to USB Flash drive MP4 video files, 360 cameras are not working properly and are generally useless because 360 View is activated only when the vehicle is in the park or forward moving and doesn't work when you are backing up which is the main point having them. I know that 2021 models have better software and hardware but we shouldn't suffer with our brand new Jags!
Not sure about your 360 camera comments, might have your vehicle checked. Mine works great in reverse. Once in a great while, like perhaps twice a year the rear camera doesn't show. I just put it in park and then reverse again and all is well. You may want to check the format of your flash drive to see if it is correctly formatted. When I used one it was fine but now I purely use phone. My ICTP screen never freezes. Sounds like you have more problems than most and might be vehicle specific and dealer solveable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure about your 360 camera comments, might have your vehicle checked. Mine works great in reverse. Once in a great while, like perhaps twice a year the rear camera doesn't show. I just put it in park and then reverse again and all is well. You may want to check the format of your flash drive to see if it is correctly formatted. When I used one it was fine but now I purely use phone. My ICTP screen never freezes. Sounds like you have more problems than most and might be vehicle specific and dealer solveable.
Thanks for replying! Solved the problem with 360 camera! I wasn't enabled in the settings. Someone helped me to enter the settings where I was able to enable ( add) the 360 to the view !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts