Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have an F-Pace S and I wanted to hear the exhaust while I was parked, I stepped on the throttle full pressure, but I couldn't get it to rev higher than 4,000 rpm? Is their a limiter on the engine when in park that you can't rev it past 4000 rpm or do I have an issue with my F-Pace?

I didn't try the above in Neutral, but maybe I should.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
In Park and Neutral there does seem to be a 4000 RPM limiter. In Neutral there is a way to get it past 4000 RPM but you really have to mash the peddle and I dont like doing it. You get the nice crackling at 4000 to so there really is no reason to go above that.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Most all my vehicles have an over rev protection around 4K rpm in park/neutral. Only one exception being an '06 model that we sold recently. Industry standard I would presume on most. The exception being very higher end models of vehicles I would also presume. Some people tune this out with programming.
We have an '09,'15, and '17 from differing models/manufacturers.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
You get the nice crackling at 4000 to so there really is no reason to go above that.
I have yet to hear the crackling on my S. Looking forward to the Meet and Greet to hear some other exhausts.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I have yet to hear the crackling on my S. Looking forward to the Meet and Greet to hear some other exhausts.
For your viewing pleasure... this all took place in Park and revving to 4000 RPM.

Reactions: DiscoStu

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In Park and Neutral there does seem to be a 4000 RPM limiter. In Neutral there is a way to get it past 4000 RPM but you really have to mash the peddle and I dont like doing it. You get the nice crackling at 4000 to so there really is no reason to go above that.

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Most all my vehicles have an over rev protection around 4K rpm in park/neutral. Only one exception being an '06 model that we sold recently. Industry standard I would presume on most. The exception being very higher end models of vehicles I would also presume. Some people tune this out with programming.
We have an '09,'15, and '17 from differing models/manufacturers.

Thanks for the reply!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts