Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been given the run around for a while now and finally got my vista, i was able to track the elusive cat thanks to folks on this forum but i have 2 entries for the same VIN,one was to return it to sender ( i guess the jaguar manufacturer, but later shipped 4 days later.

Open to any thoughts on why they'll send it back?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Based on other posts, this simply means the ship it was originally supposed to go on was full, so they held it for the next available ship.
didnt think of that, my first order apparently got "damaged in Baltimore" i was beginning to feel very unlucky with my build

·
Registered
517 Posts
Wow, sounds like you have had some bad luck, but have faith and hang in there. It's gonna be worth it when you have that Cat sitting in your driveway!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Based on other posts, this simply means the ship it was originally supposed to go on was full, so they held it for the next available ship.
Pretty sure that mine had that status line too, but the vehicle arrived in port near here on the date in the original Vista report. So I'm guessing that it is an internal status change of some kind rather than a replan...

·
Registered
517 Posts
Pretty sure that mine had that status line too, but the vehicle arrived in port near here on the date in the original Vista report. So I'm guessing that it is an internal status change of some kind rather than a replan...

That very well could be, but I'd also guess if it is due to a full ship that they'd get it on the next ship asap. In this case just 4 days went by so it would not really impact arrival date much. In any event, this has come up in a number of threads and it has not been an issue in the end, so hopefully migmasta shouldn't be too worried about it.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
seems like the msrp went up by $1000 since my order, def not paying the difference...

I would think your dealership would eat that cost since it wasn't any of your doing that your original order was damaged upon arrival. I would definitely not pay that either since you've been waiting this long.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the wife and I are questioning if it's in the stars to own a F pace, the ship had to return to Southampton so I guess that any damaged cars will be dropped of and since my VIN is still active (being tracked as on the ship) i suppose that its "good to go" I'll know when I hear otherwise from the dealer.... btw it's been rewarding knowing the status of the car rather than getting my chain yanked by the dealership

·
Registered
233 Posts
I used to work for the company that owned that vessel+10 years ago, Wallenius. Had a party/ceremony on that ship once and had a tour of the ship including the bridge. It's really impressive, basically like a huge multi-story parking lot. They hire people to drive the cars in and other people to "lash" them. The "floors" also move up and down to accommodate for larger vehicles such as helicopters, tanks, etc. Most of their cargo used to be military but I heard they lost that contract.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts