Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,
I will start my ACC retrofit in a few weeks. All parts are bought right now.

But I have 2 more questions before the installation:

ACC Radar:
Do I need to calibrate it? The radar is installed with ballhead screw on brackets which are adjustable. I would try to install the radar as horizontale as possible. But is any software for adjusting needed?

Steeringwheel switch:
How can i install the switch? Do i need to remove the airbag or can i just remove the silver cover of the steering wheel?
i think i have to:
  • remove padels
  • remove airbag
  • remove cover with switches installed
  • remove switch from cover

Can anyone help?

· Registered
2,795 Posts
To be 100% honest, I haven't done what you are doing and I'm not a Jag tech, so with that qualification up front here is my feedback,.

I do believe you will need to calibrate things. I know the ACC is a different system but just changing the windshield required a recalibration of the Lane Keep system. With the steering wheel switches, if you are really looking for a factory install, I think the only way is to install a new steering wheel with those options there. That would be my recommendation.

While thinking about Lane Keep assist, do you have that? because that is a part of the overall ACC I believe at least the two systems work together. That may need to be calibrated as wel potentially.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Jag has lane assist installed already.

I have already bought the steering switches for the acc control. These can be changed but i don't know if I can remove the silver steering wheel cover without removing the airbag.

I will let onotole do the SDD coding so I hope he will know if acc has to be calibrate or not.

If someone has done this already, please let me know your experience.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have bought a "b" Abs Module and will install it the next weeks.
Did You have to calibrate the acc Sensor?
The sensor can be set by the one ball screw at the bracket. I think the sensor should be as vertically as possible.

Did you install all together, acc sensor, abs Module, steering switch, at the same time? I would install the sensor first because my front will be removed next week.
The abs Modul can be installed in 2 or 3 weeks. So I have a few weeks only the sensor.
The coding would be done when all is installed correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts