Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
507 Posts
You might consider these on eBay, and wrapping them. I installed them (not wrapped), and they fit and look OEM.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Replace interior trim

Hi, I’m new here, and just wandered if it is possible to replace the 2 long pieces on each side of the center console, and if so, where to buy?
It’s plastic and i’d like leather or carbone.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I don't think those door pieces don't pop off. They may be part of the door card and could likely glued on the rear. I'd hate to break them.

Napoleon, you can replace them, as they come off easy enough. But good luck finding them in carbon fiber. I doubt anybody makes them. You could wrap them yourself, but wrapping onto that plastic surface may not look right, or adhere properly.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,419 Posts
Would it be easier with other material? Leather?
Is it OEM?

You can order the OEM leather ones. You can pop them off and swap them out in 5 min. They slide back and lift up.

DP

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,419 Posts
I don't think those door pieces don't pop off. They may be part of the door card and could likely glued on the rear. I'd hate to break them.

Napoleon, you can replace them, as they come off easy enough. But good luck finding them in carbon fiber. I doubt anybody makes them. You could wrap them yourself, but wrapping onto that plastic surface may not look right, or adhere properly.

That is correct they are part of the door card. Might take the door card off and see if there back mounted or actually glued in place.

DP

·
Registered
67 Posts
That is correct they are part of the door card. Might take the door card off and see if there back mounted or actually glued in place.

DP
I thought Napoleon18 was asking about the pieces that go alongside the center console rather than the door. I've popped the side pieces around the console out a couple of times to run a wire from the center console 12V charger to a Qi charger in place of the mat behind the shifter.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,419 Posts
I thought Napoleon18 was asking about the pieces that go alongside the center console rather than the door. I've popped the side pieces around the console out a couple of times to run a wire from the center console 12V charger to a Qi charger in place of the mat behind the shifter.

It was MKD16 that was asking see post https://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/680393-post21.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all,

Just waiting to get my F-pace this weekend, so still pending to publish my presentation in the corresponding thread, but in this time I had enough time to study some literature. I'm attaching a screenshot which details the procedure for this piece. It shows that you need to remove all the door interior panel, and then unscrew this trim from the inside.

Attachments

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,419 Posts
Hi all,

Just waiting to get my F-pace this weekend, so still pending to publish my presentation in the corresponding thread, but in this time I had enough time to study some literature. I'm attaching a screenshot which details the procedure for this piece. It shows that you need to remove all the door interior panel, and then unscrew this trim from the inside.

Whatcha doin ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Reviving this thread because I found this idea intriguing....

The wife is out of town for the weekend, so I thought I would get myself some 3M wrap and see what I could do. I just wrapped the shifter plate and the door handle areas because those seem to be the only optionally changeable trim pieces, at least in my brochure. I followed Dakar09's (the OP) steps to disassemble the center console in order to get to the shifter plate off. I wasn't brave enough to take apart the door panels, so I wrapped them in place. Each piece took 2 attempts. I would be close to done, and there would be a wrinkle that I couldn't get worked out. The carbon fiber pattern would get wavy if I stretched it too much. It all seems to be stuck on really well; I guess time will tell.

Attachments

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,419 Posts
You did a great job.

DP

Reactions: Dakall

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
They look like the pics on the Jag site for the new SVR Carbon Fiber option! Nice job. I paid $1300 for that darn option and I know it's real Carbon Fiber, but this look identical and I'm sure was much cheaper!

Interestingly enough, if I did that to my wife's BMW, I'm not sure she'd notice!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Nice job! Wrapping those door pieces on the car is definitely doable if you take your time. I had to start over on the 2 of them before I got the hang of it. Ambient outside temperature is very important (unless you're in a heated garage) as the vinyl will also react to weather that is too hot or too cold before you even go near it with a heat gun.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dakar,

Great to be able to hear about (and see) removal of the console pieces, so thanks!

You did an excellent job of wrapping the piano-black gearshift surround, although not quite sure what you used.

M

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finished the center console wrapping this weekend.

But I can't figure out how to get the trim around the door handles off. There are 2 screws under a cover plate right by the front of the handle, but that doesn't loosen anything up and prying on it doesn't "feel write".

Does anybody have any insight into those pieces or have they had them swapped to a different style after they bought the car?
Hey do you have pictures of your finished center console? I’m about to start this endeavor, but after reading this thread I think I’ll wait for the weekend so I have time.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts