Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never mind that I'm completely lost with the new site, but shame on me, I've been away with life's many problems and haven't had time to catch up. So --- I'm starting this thread because I'm not able to find any info on my issue. So, forgive me for the redundancy; Her's the question ??????

Do any of you techie gurus know how to allow me to remote start our 2019 F-PACE "S", and have it run longer than a 1/2 hour? It has to be the dumbest system in existence to run the car for 30 minutes and then not allow a re-boot until you take another trip. I hope I'm totally missing something in the procedure, but with 85 degrees plus in Florida, we would certainly like to keep Chips the wonder dog, in a nice and comfy environment for a bit longer than than the few measly minutes that are programmed into the system. What gives?

Can anyone tell me either how to keep it going indefinitely or to enable re-starts without taking a trip to the moon.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It’s not dumb. 30 minutes is more than measly. It’s set up that way to prevent accidental CO build up in enclosed environments. Leave the pooch at home if you’re going to be out of the car longer than a few min.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,238 Posts
That’s built in timer, in case you start your car inside a closed garage. Plus you don’t really want your car to sit and idle for that long with out moving. I understand the dog part, just don’t understand the situation.

DP

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. But if the manufacturers are fearful of attorneys banging on their doors for what people do, they'd better start using keys for ignition start and shut-off; check that one out to see the numbers of people who'd gassed themselves for letting the car run in the garage after they'd gotten home. More intervention when I don't need it. As for Chips? He's a companion dog for my wife. Keeping him in the car is a better option than fighting with a restaurant about letting us dine with the dog along with us.

How about this option? Automatically shut it off in the allotted time, but allow a re-start. That way, the idiot who started the car in a closed garage will still be safe, unless he re-starts it in the closed garage to prove that he's a double-idiot.

Just my point of view. However, DPinTX, I wasn't aware that I could damage a vehicle by idling for long periods of time. That's a new one on me and certainly worth considering.

King Fala and Chips-the-Wonder-Dog

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Then when you get back in you discover you are now 15 miles short of home on your charge ! No thanks....

And yes @KingFala Idling extended periods is not good for your vehicle.... Besides what if it died ( For any reason...) and you still thought it was running? I would love to take my doggy everywhere with me, and he would love it too. But I love him enough to know the safest place for him is home in 9/10 circumstances, unless we are just going to Dairy Queen….

1 - 6 of 6 Posts