Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

241 - 254 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Well that's a lot newer than our S4. So doesn't seem to be a function of the Android OS. Bit of a bummer with winter coming. FWIW, the app in our S4 still works.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Maybe they’re getting ready to post the new 2.0 version?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Maybe they’re getting ready to post the new 2.0 version?
Your choice of words "the new 2.0" suggests there is such a thing. You are generally factual in your posts, so, do you know something we don't? Would be good to see that software continues to be updated. As you know, there's also a couple of features I'd love to see in IC Apps.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
ExOz, in another post Skyking and others have talked about the 2.0 version of the Jaguar InControl App that is released in the UK. You have to make your phone look like you are in the UK to get it but some in the US have loaded it and are using it. I have not, since I have a bit of subscriptions tied to my phone and those all have to be reloaded. Seems like a challenge I don't need right now. It would be great to get 2.0 since what was posted is that Face ID and other things that ease the use of the app have been added.

I have my fingers crossed that 2.0 is coming to the US soon.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Correct. The 2.0 is not yet available in the US, but you can get it by spoofing your phones location to another country. I’m waiting for the official release here. I have no knowledge that 2.0 for android is even an option, just speculating since the old version was said to have been missing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah i logged in here to see if anyone else noticed the app was gone. I uninstalled it because it said it was not working right, after it was patched, and when i went to re download it.... well yeah. So presently i cannot remote start my F pace. Hopefully this gets sorted.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Your choice of words "the new 2.0" suggests there is such a thing. You are generally factual in your posts, so, do you know something we don't? Would be good to see that software continues to be updated. As you know, there's also a couple of features I'd love to see in IC Apps.
What the others has said is true, I have been using the ver 2.0 on my iPhone for awhile now. I also have the older version on my iPhone too. The new version did not update the older one.

There is a post with pictures and how I did it on this forum.

Basically put in a London address on my iPhone , then download the new app, then put my Texas information back in.

Have had no issues and the face recognition is great no ore PIN number, unless I use my Apple Watch then I need to type in the PIN to get the car to start.

I really don’t know why the new 2.0 was not released to both markets earlier this year.

DP

·
Registered
546 Posts
Note, as of yesterday, the Android Jaguar Remote is again listed in the Google Play Store, new version 1.80.1 as of 9/19 according to the write-up. See the Caution below the quotes:

Anyone notice that the remote app is not showing in the Android play store this morning
Yeah i logged in here to see if anyone else noticed the app was gone. I uninstalled it because it said it was not working right, after it was patched, and when i went to re download it.... well yeah. So presently i cannot remote start my F pace. Hopefully this gets sorted.
That does resolve the issue
Caution:- when I first updated the app, I got the dreaded "no longer working" message. Fortunately was able to "uninstall' and re "install" to fix the problem. There is also a caution in the write-up that it will not work for older versions of Android.

A positive sign, several responses from JLR to "reviews" were current, indicating they are still working on upgrading things. Hopefully with the other apps as well. A little less positive, can't see any functional improvements.

Also for Android users, some of the recent comments in this thread clearly pertain to I Phones; can become confusing when folks don't specify. Yes all I phones are smartphones, but not all smartphones are I Phones. The question @RSteve posed was clearly about the Android app.

FWIW

·
Registered
231 Posts
Saw that there's an update to the iOS Remote App today (ver. 1.80). Still no 2.0 for us in the US. Says it has "general stability improvements".

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I wonder hold up is.

241 - 254 of 254 Posts