Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

221 - 240 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
FWIW ,
*VR* has *Remote Started* her F-PACE every morning at 6:30am , during the work week !!!
She has done so for MONTHS !!!
iPhone-7 with Verizon !!!

Unless we go out in the evening (which is RARE during the week) ,
the F-PACE is usually shutdown and parked in the driveway at 5pm !!!

However , I do go out every morning at 5:45ish , to put her School Bags in the front seat !!!
So essentially , the doors have been unlocked & locked each day , before she does the *Remote Start* !!!

·
Registered
873 Posts
After last 2 updates, seems to make contact quicker. Don’t do a lot of remote starts though. Checked just now and journeys from last few days are the straight line variety, but up to date. I’ve noticed that when remote start command is greyed out in sleep mode and I drive somewhere, it may take another leg to reenable that function. And it goes into sleep mode far too quickly sometimes. Hopefully, if we’re to believe the Advisory Board, there will be a new remote app in the near future.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is a new Remote Control app in works. I was asked to be part of the demo group. We were given a first look sample to give input. Now they are taking feedback & working on their revision. Said in about 4 weeks we would be linked to the next version.
New sample was faster to boot up, graphics were clearer & more defined but from looking at others comments this is clearly a personal preference. Waiting for next revision to see where this goes.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I can't usually use the Remote Start because the car is in the garage at home and I can't have my Apple Watch or iPhone in my office. But I've tried several times from the locker room after a hockey game and it never works. My iPhone will have a signal, although not a strong one. I've tried my watch and the iPhone, from several different rooms. Maybe it's just the structure of the building but the rare times I try from there it doesn't work.

I was successful a few times last summer when I remembered to start it before leaving the golf club, so it has worked before. Not a huge deal for me but it would be nice when I want it to work.

Incidentally, one day it was snowing here at work so I called my wife at her office and asked her to start my car for me. That's the only time she's ever used the app but it worked as expected.

·
Super Moderator
1,679 Posts
There is a new Remote Control app in works. I was asked to be part of the demo group. We were given a first look sample to give input. Now they are taking feedback & working on their revision. Said in about 4 weeks we would be linked to the next version.
New sample was faster to boot up, graphics were clearer & more defined but from looking at others comments this is clearly a personal preference. Waiting for next revision to see where this goes.
any idea for alternate authentication methods (faceID, touchID, etc), rather than PIN only?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello,

No alternative indicated for log-in. They appear to be focusing on graphics, speed & functionality. As I mentioned it will be another month before the group see's anything back from the app developers. I was just sent an invitation out of blue & a link to Apple App Store to download & comment on this Beta version. There could be more including a login change in the future but I don't have any insight.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I've noticed over the past few weeks that my remote start is working all the time. Crazy.

No new ICTP updates for me since 2017 and my last update of the remote app was early February. Not quite sure why it decided to start working out of the blue in mid-March. I really like remote start for when I leave work at night. Too bad it didn't work in the dead of winter when I really needed it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've noticed over the past few weeks that my remote start is working all the time. Crazy.

No new ICTP updates for me since 2017 and my last update of the remote app was early February. Not quite sure why it decided to start working out of the blue in mid-March. I really like remote start for when I leave work at night. Too bad it didn't work in the dead of winter when I really needed it.
I've noticed that I must keep both Apple software update and the Jaguar Remote App updated. On numerous instances of not having one or the other updated I lose some functionality. I lost all functionality to even include journey tracking when Apple was going from IOS 11 to IOS 12 (but I am still running an iPhone 6S). I was delaying going to 12 initially. But gave in and everything works now in Jaguar Remote app.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is there a way to Remote Start the car from your computer instead of your phone? I work in a place that does not allow cellphones, so in the winter, it would be great to be able to start the car to get it warmed up, from my workstation...

Thoughts?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Is there a way to Remote Start the car from your computer instead of your phone? I work in a place that does not allow cellphones, so in the winter, it would be great to be able to start the car to get it warmed up, from my workstation...

Thoughts?
I'm in the same boat as you but I haven't found a way. Now and then I'll have my wife start my car from her phone for me since I can't.

·
F Pace Expert
2,712 Posts

Thoughts?
No.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, if you are allowed to install an Android Emulator such as Blue Stacks. Run it and you can install the Jaguar app. Works just like on the mobile!

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Someone said "No" , and someone said "Yes" ???????:eek:
This is the beauty of a Forum !!!;)
I can't wait to see WHO is correct !!!>:)

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Someone said "No" , and someone said "Yes" ???????:eek:
This is the beauty of a Forum !!!;)
I can't wait to see WHO is correct !!!>:)

Well out of the box NO there is not an app from Jaguar, if you want to work around and install 3rd party apps on your computer then YES you can. So everyone is correct.

DP

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Well out of the box NO there is not an app from Jaguar, if you want to work around and install 3rd party apps on your computer then YES you can. So everyone is correct. DP
Nice try DP !;)

But since the question was ,
"Is there a *WAY* to Remote Start your car from a computer instead of your phone?" ,
the only "CORRECT" answer is "YES" !!!

·
F Pace Expert
2,712 Posts
I stand corrected, didn’t know about Android emulator, nice!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Nice try DP !;)

But since the question was ,
"Is there a *WAY* to Remote Start your car from a computer instead of your phone?" ,
the only "CORRECT" answer is "YES" !!!
So your saying I was right, I knew you would come around and see it my eventually. :D

DP

·
Registered
546 Posts
Anyone notice that the remote app is not showing in the Android play store this morning
Been like that for a week or so. Don't know what to make of it.

How old is your phone? Happened to us with another App also, that no longer supports the OLD versions of Android.

221 - 240 of 254 Posts