Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

201 - 220 of 253 Posts

·
F Pace Expert
2,709 Posts
Strange, today Remote working perfectly for me. Was not working last week. Same exact circumstances of car, phone, Wi-Fi, etc.

Strongly urge everyone to make sure your Telematics unit software is updated and has had diagnostics run. Yes, I will keep repeating that.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Strange, today Remote working perfectly for me. Was not working last week. Same exact circumstances of car, phone, Wi-Fi, etc.

Strongly urge everyone to make sure your Telematics unit software is updated and has had diagnostics run. Yes, I will keep repeating that.

Thanks VZX-CO, been there done that multiple times. First place I checked, and actually had the software updated on ICTP and Telematics last week. Nada.....no go. Throwing in the towel on remote....., money down the perverb. toilet as they say,.

·
F Pace Expert
2,709 Posts
Goofing with remote again this morning, working perfectly oh IPhone, either start button not working at all on ipad or network delay error however status updates fine, journeys fine and ipad status updates to running when i start vehiclw. so i’m now going on two days of remote consistently working on iphone x.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Try the *WINDOW RESET PROCEDURE* !!!

Especially , since it happened AFTER it was in getting worked on !

It has been discussed in many other threads , and has been the SOLUTION to many mysteries !
This is kind of funny. I've tried remote start this morning and it worked. Problem: I did not do WINDOW RESET!
Perhaps F-Pace telepathically read my mind and decided to perform RESET on its own.
Go figure...

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
This is kind of funny. I've tried remote start this morning and it worked. Problem: I did not do WINDOW RESET!
Perhaps F-Pace telepathically read my mind and decided to perform RESET on its own.
Go figure...
I think what may have happened is . . . . . . .
You did a *MIND RESET* !!!;)
You cleared your mind of ALL Negativity , and went out there with a POSITIVE ATTITUDE ,
and your F-PACE showed it's appreciation !!!>:)

*CONGRATULATIONS* !!!0:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Remote start questions

I must keep car outside in snow during winter.
  1. Does remote start work if car is nearby, say in driveway, without needing cell connection for my phone or car?
  2. If so, what is range?
  3. What is range with cell service? (I imagine it's unlimited)
  4. Must I subscribe to some sort of service for this to work?
  5. How much does it cost?
  6. Is there any alternative to using smart phone?
Thanks

·
F Pace Expert
2,709 Posts
I've been testing Remote all weekend and for the first time in a long time it is consistently working every time. Not sure it will continue but throwing it out there to see if others are seeing same thing.

·
F Pace Expert
2,709 Posts
I must keep car outside in snow during winter.
  1. Does remote start work if car is nearby, say in driveway, without needing cell connection for my phone or car?
  2. If so, what is range?
  3. What is range with cell service? (I imagine it's unlimited)
  4. Must I subscribe to some sort of service for this to work?
  5. How much does it cost?
  6. Is there any alternative to using smart phone?
Thanks
There are multiple Remote threads running but you may want to post future questions in:

http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/electronics/22122-remote-start.html

As a quick answer to your questions:

First, realize that the Remote app on your phone is talking over internet to a Jaguar cloud server that is in turn talking over cellular network to your car and vice versa with return information car->cloud-> phone.

So your phone running Remote app needs a data connection, cellular or wifi, and your car needs a data connection provided by the built in ATT account which is provided with vehicle by Jaguar and that data service lasts for five years after car first sold (assuming you are in USA). It is included with the vehicle and requires only that you are properly registered at https://incontrol.jaguar.com and that the login info uses there is also in your car and the Remote app. If you are buying used you have to make sure dealer properly de-registers the old owner and helps you register. There is no added cost for this. There is a separate ATT account/SIM/data connection you do have to pay for if your have InControl Touch Pro and want the various services the data connection provides, but that is a separate matter.

Assuming that is all set then:
- you can use Remote from anywhere in the world you have a data connection to start vehicle and see status
- there is no alternative to using Remote app, there is no local keyfob start for instance.

Hope that all helps but do look through the various Remote threads for more info.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I've been testing Remote all weekend and for the first time in a long time it is consistently working every time. Not sure it will continue but throwing it out there to see if others are seeing same thing.
My test this weekend was successful but only tested it once. I've also noticed that I haven't been force logged out of the app in a while as well.

·
Registered
176 Posts

Well, for the first time "EVER" i am 90 miles away from my car, and it showed as unlocked, which I realized I forgot to lock it in my driveway. I therefore did what the app says to do, and said to lock and alarm it. It worked!!! I will test the remote start when I'm home as I don't want to do this when this far away and running (hopefully if it works, LOL) ....but will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Maybe they are working off a quota system, because mine has been mostly flawless, and now I'ts having issues since Friday. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for all this info. Sounds like same general system many new cars are using.

Bottom line is that if either you or your car is out of cell service area (Verizon for me and AT&T), system fails, even if you can see your car outside - covered in snow or broiling in the sun.

Correct?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Thanks for all this info. Sounds like same general system many new cars are using.

Bottom line is that if either you or your car is out of cell service area (Verizon for me and AT&T), system fails, even if you can see your car outside - covered in snow or broiling in the sun.

Correct?
Correct. But when do you expect to be in an area where you don't have cell service?

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Correct. But when do you expect to be in an area where you don't have cell service?
Hey City Boy ,
apparently , you don't live anywhere near the *Eastern Shore of Maryland* !!!:D

Lots of *Dead Zones* around here !!!
Very Brief Moments , but *Dead Zones* nonetheless !!!;)

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hey City Boy ,
apparently , you don't live anywhere near the *Eastern Shore of Maryland* !!!:D

Lots of *Dead Zones* around here !!!
Very Brief Moments , but *Dead Zones* nonetheless !!!;)
Dead zones in your F-Pace? Or dead zones for your flip phone? ;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
New update to the Remote app for the iPhone was released today. Version 1.70.2. It looks the same except I have my units (Miles and Fahrenheit) back on the companion Apple Watch app. I don't know if it improves any reliability issues.

·
F Pace Expert
2,709 Posts
OK, enough yuckity yucking. Back on topic:

A few days ago I posted that Remote was working well for me, well in past 24 hours not so much, back to not working.

So I've done some logging and thinking, I'd be interested if anyone else can reproduce my results:

1) Last week, drove car on Thursday, then parked it in my garage. (good ATT signal to car, good cell phone service and wifi for phone)
2) For about next day or two Remote app reported status slowly but fine and would start vehicle, similar lagging time.
3) Monday, drove vehicle in am. Parked same as above.
4) Remote worked for a while then it would report status but the status since Monday has always indicated last vehicle contact as Monday afternoon, even this after when I ran Remote. Wouldn't start vehicle at all.
5) Today, drove vehicle on short drive, parked as above. As soon as got in my home I tried Remote, near instant update, near instant start up and shut down. All worked.
6) 20 minutes later, fired up Remote and it updated quickly but said "vehicle last contacted 20 minutes ago". So I pulled down on the update screen and that seems to force a refresh, took a few moments then status came back "Locked and Alarmed", "Vehicle Contacted Just Now" and start worked fast and perfectly.

So questions in my mind:
- is anyone else seeing that after a couple of days of vehicle sitting (but not as long as the "go to sleep" mode time period) do people have Remote problems, what does the status at bottom of screen indicate for last contact with vehicle, can you start your vehicle?
- does pulling down first/status screen and forcing a refresh have any impact on Remote functionality?
- does Remote work better for you within a short time of having parked and locked vehicle?

All of this is on IPhone X, latest IOS and the version of Remote updated today.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys - I've only owned this car for a few months now but I have only had 1 time when the remote start wouldn't work. Which is HUGE for me in snowy NJ :) My wife has a MB and that system is a complete POS. It works about 5% of the time and hasn't worked in a month.

So far I'm a big fan of the remote system!

I've got an iPhone X and Verizon. I travel alot so car will sit for days at a time and still fire right up via remote when i get home.

Hopefully today's update helps those of you with issues.

·
Registered
459 Posts
OK, enough yuckity yucking. Back on topic:

A few days ago I posted that Remote was working well for me, well in past 24 hours not so much, back to not working.

So I've done some logging and thinking, I'd be interested if anyone else can reproduce my results:

1) Last week, drove car on Thursday, then parked it in my garage. (good ATT signal to car, good cell phone service and wifi for phone)
2) For about next day or two Remote app reported status slowly but fine and would start vehicle, similar lagging time.
3) Monday, drove vehicle in am. Parked same as above.
4) Remote worked for a while then it would report status but the status since Monday has always indicated last vehicle contact as Monday afternoon, even this after when I ran Remote. Wouldn't start vehicle at all.
5) Today, drove vehicle on short drive, parked as above. As soon as got in my home I tried Remote, near instant update, near instant start up and shut down. All worked.
6) 20 minutes later, fired up Remote and it updated quickly but said "vehicle last contacted 20 minutes ago". So I pulled down on the update screen and that seems to force a refresh, took a few moments then status came back "Locked and Alarmed", "Vehicle Contacted Just Now" and start worked fast and perfectly.

So questions in my mind:
- is anyone else seeing that after a couple of days of vehicle sitting (but not as long as the "go to sleep" mode time period) do people have Remote problems, what does the status at bottom of screen indicate for last contact with vehicle, can you start your vehicle?
- does pulling down first/status screen and forcing a refresh have any impact on Remote functionality?
- does Remote work better for you within a short time of having parked and locked vehicle?

All of this is on IPhone X, latest IOS and the version of Remote updated today.

Thoughts?
I frequently do not drive it for several days at a time, and I haven't noticed any difference really until I hit the sleep limit.

I'll start keeping track though and see if it makes a difference.

201 - 220 of 253 Posts