Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried the Remote Start for the first time today. It works GREAT! Heated the interior to my pre-set 74 degrees. When I climbed inside, the car was toasty warm and ready to drive. Love this F-Pace!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I'm glad it worked for you like you had hoped it would.
I will be trying mine this weekend I expect, if I can figure out how it works

Geez, I wish would change your signature back to your old one. Those cats are very disconcerting. Looks like they are ready to attack me:eek:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I live in Southeastern Pennsylvania where it feels like Antarctica at the present. Just curious what temperatures do most of you preset for the heat? I cannot seem to find that happy medium yet between too hot and too cold.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I live in Southeastern Pennsylvania where it feels like Antarctica at the present. Just curious what temperatures do most of you preset for the heat? I cannot seem to find that happy medium yet between too hot and too cold.
I am in Chicago where we are having the same weather. I always have it set to 72.

·
Super Moderator
1,679 Posts
Did your gauges actually show the temperature you set them to in the remote? I can set the inside temp to one setting, but the interior gauges never show that temperature....like it never updated.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Did your gauges actually show the temperature you set them to in the remote? I can set the inside temp to one setting, but the interior gauges never show that temperature....like it never updated.
Mine don't. I have a feeling though that the remote start app does not work in conjunction with the interior heat gauges.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I usually set it to 70. Its a very happy medium in my opinion. Anything above 72 is a tad to warm for me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is anybody else having the Remote app on the phone keep pestering about the updated terms and conditions? I have an android phone and after a recent update the d-a-m-n thing keeps telling me to accept. No matter how many times I accepts the thing keeps coming up. There is the common theme here. The s/w team cannot manage settings in their code :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Is anybody else having the Remote app on the phone keep pestering about the updated terms and conditions? I have an android phone and after a recent update the d-a-m-n thing keeps telling me to accept. No matter how many times I accepts the thing keeps coming up. There is the common theme here. The s/w team cannot manage settings in their code :)
I received an update yesterday (Thursday) for the Remote app on my Android device that eliminates that nagging message. Check Google Play for the update.

·
Registered
929 Posts
It was one thousand degrees below zero yesterday (or at least that's what it felt like), so I started thr car from my office. Got outside and opened the trunk with with the key fob to get out my snow brush and the car shut off. I'm sure there's a reason for why they have it set that way but I don't like it. I guess you have to open the car door before the trunk to keep the engine on.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I usually set mine to 70. I wish you could activate the Heated/AC seats, steering wheel and even the windshield defrosters through the app. That would be an outstanding feature!

·
F Pace Expert
2,712 Posts
It was one thousand degrees below zero yesterday (or at least that's what it felt like), so I started thr car from my office. Got outside and opened the trunk with with the key fob to get out my snow brush and the car shut off. I'm sure there's a reason for why they have it set that way but I don't like it. I guess you have to open the car door before the trunk to keep the engine on.
I think it set that way to keep carbon monoxide from going into vehicle

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live in Minneapolis and have noticed a few things regarding the app and winter with the vehicle in general... since I am in the tundra.
1) If the heated seat is activated when you turn off your vehicle, then when you start with the app, it will automatically turn the seat on again. If your heated seat is off, then it does not turn on. The heated steering wheel does not turn on with the app even if it was on when you stopped the vehicle.
2) I set my app at 75 degrees.
3) The heater does not warm my vehicle as quickly as my last vehicle, a Grand Cherokee did. However, setting three for the heated seats warms your ass quickly... even for Minnesotans.
4) I have been driving with my vehicle turned to the snow option almost religiously for the last week and it does work well, however, the vehicle is not anywhere near as capable as my Jeep was. I purposely went out driving in 8" of snow last week before the plows came through and it was fine and will probably be fine for most drivers. I did notice a little delay and the vehicle slipped a few times when the vehicle switched from RWD to AWD. That was a major disappointment.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I miss Minnesota cold. Pa is so warm. I don't miss shoveling snow.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I usually set mine to 70. I wish you could activate the Heated/AC seats, steering wheel and even the windshield defrosters through the app. That would be an outstanding feature!
You can set the defrosters and heated windscreen to activate with remote start. It is a software setting on my S with the heated windscreen option.

·
Registered
51 Posts
1) If the heated seat is activated when you turn off your vehicle, then when you start with the app, it will automatically turn the seat on again. If your heated seat is off, then it does not turn on. The heated steering wheel does not turn on with the app even if it was on when you stopped the vehicle
Agreed, but even though the seats show on ...they don't seem to be warm when you get in?

Perhaps you need to be sitting on them to work?

S.Chapman

·
Registered
43 Posts
You can set the defrosters and heated windscreen to activate with remote start. It is a software setting on my S with the heated windscreen option.
Where in the app are those settings? I have heated windshield and steering wheel...would love to get them going early in the morning.

1 - 20 of 254 Posts