Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my F-Pace last month and have a lot of problems with the remote start working consistently. The dealer isn't able to resolve my problem. We take our dogs with us and living in SW Florida, absolutely need to have the AC running to cool the car down. I'm at the point of considering an after market remote start. Not sure what's available or if it'd void the warranty. Very disappointed with the dealer not being able to resolve this. Any suggestions?

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
something is wrong, it should work fine. don't do after market, get Jaguar to solve problem. does it behave differently if phone is on cell network vs. wifi? do you have the latest app? does separate route planner app work ok? does remote work at all, when? did you uninstall app and reinstall?

i've been checking on vehicle at dealer while in europe, works fine, yours should to. did you insist it be set up and working before you left dealer when you picked up vehicle?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mine doesn't work fine. Still getting "network delay" problems. Very poorly designed system, when it could've been an older simpler system.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Have had no issues with the remote start, while using my cell network it is a bit slower than when on wifi but still gets the job done.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
i have found that performance very tied to your phone's internet connection. on home fiber based 100mb wifi works very well. across a weak cell connection takes a while. also dependent on strength of att svc where car parked.

sitting in london and looking at status of vehicle at dealer in denver, works well, took about 60 seconds to get status.

still very irksome that app requires login every few days.

Reactions: sg92

·
Registered
58 Posts
Someone posted in the Super Update thread that the remote start worked much better after the update. Of course, will always need a good cell data connection.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I posted in another thread, but I'm having lots of issues with the Remote App. Well, really one issue in that it won't connect to the car at all. I've tried when on wifi and on cell data to no avail. Strangely, the Route App seems to work fine and can locate my car without problem. Its really annoying that this functionality is completely unavailable to me.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
I posted in another thread, but I'm having lots of issues with the Remote App. Well, really one issue in that it won't connect to the car at all. I've tried when on wifi and on cell data to no avail. Strangely, the Route App seems to work fine and can locate my car without problem. Its really annoying that this functionality is completely unavailable to me.
Two apps use different telecom systems in car. Route app uses your 3G/SIM connection. The Remote app uses embedded vehicle telematics that run emergency notification and customer assistance buttons.

Just to check have you deleted Remote app, rebooted phone then reinstalled Remote app? Are you using most recent remote app from apps store? Also iphone or android? This is a weird problem with symptoms I haven't seen posted before. Sounds like maybe something is glitching in either the telematics or your Jaguar in control remote account which is a different account than route planner. Are you able to get into your incontrol.jaguar.com account through web on a computer- not your phone?

Reactions: StormGrey

·
Registered
16 Posts
Two apps use different telecom systems in car. Route app uses your 3G/SIM connection. The Remote app uses embedded vehicle telematics that run emergency notification and customer assistance buttons.

Just to check have you deleted Remote app, rebooted phone then reinstalled Remote app? Are you using most recent remote app from apps store? Also iphone or android? This is a weird problem with symptoms I haven't seen posted before. Sounds like maybe something is glitching in either the telematics or your Jaguar in control remote account which is a different account than route planner. Are you able to get into your incontrol.jaguar.com account through web on a computer- not your phone?
Thank you so much for the reply. I have deleted the app, rebooted, and reinstalled but that didn't help. I'm using the app on an iPhone. I can log into the incontrol account without problem on a computer and note that no journeys have been recorded in the account despite the fact that I've been driving all over since I picked it from the service department on Friday.

The dealer appears to think that I screwed something up with I used a T-Mobile sim card but I don't see how that can be the case.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
This might be a long-shot, but with the iPhone (I have a 6s) I find that when I am not on a WiFi network, rather than simply using the cellular, it continuously attempts to connect to the many WiFi signals within range. This creates delays in loading pages, and may cause a delay with the remote app that causes the app to timeout. To counter this, I turn off the WiFi on the iPhone, it then immediately goes to the cell signal. This has worked for me with the Jaguar app when I am away from home and it gives the network timeout error. Once again, just a thought, something easy to try.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This might be a long-shot, but with the iPhone (I have a 6s) I find that when I am not on a WiFi network, rather than simply using the cellular, it continuously attempts to connect to the many WiFi signals within range. This creates delays in loading pages, and may cause a delay with the remote app that causes the app to timeout. To counter this, I turn off the WiFi on the iPhone, it then immediately goes to the cell signal. This has worked for me with the Jaguar app when I am away from home and it gives the network timeout error. Once again, just a thought, something easy to try.

Thanks for the suggestion. At this point, I'm open to anything! I tried turning off the wifi on my iPhone but still no connection.

Based on the fact that the journeys are updating on the website, I'm thinking its an issue with the car connecting to the system and not the app.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thank you so much for the reply. I have deleted the app, rebooted, and reinstalled but that didn't help. I'm using the app on an iPhone. I can log into the incontrol account without problem on a computer and note that no journeys have been recorded in the account despite the fact that I've been driving all over since I picked it from the service department on Friday.

The dealer appears to think that I screwed something up with I used a T-Mobile sim card but I don't see how that can be the case.
The dealer is full of s***. I have used T-Mobile from the beginning as I never received the email from AT&T. I have had not trouble with T-Mobile at all. My remote start worked prior to the update and works fine after the update. I think the recommendation of turning off your wi-fi network when out may be helpful.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does anyone know if the system that connects to the Remote App connects to anything else? If so, I am going to try to isolate the issue before I take it to the dealership this afternoon.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
i have found that performance very tied to your phone's internet connection. on home fiber based 100mb wifi works very well. across a weak cell connection takes a while. also dependent on strength of att svc where car parked.

sitting in london and looking at status of vehicle at dealer in denver, works well, took about 60 seconds to get status.

still very irksome that app requires login every few days.
I totally agree with VZX, I don't start my F-pace remotely at home since it's in the garage. I often do it from work though. I have decent Wifi in work and if I start it from inside the building it's normally started and fine when I get to the car. If I forget to start it until I'm walking out the door and across the parking lost, its dicy if it will start or give me an error. I realize the problem with this is that as I walk out I start to loose wifi and transition back to LTE with my Verizon iPhone. If I wait till i'm completely outside and fully transitioned to LTE, it normally starts. But in the transition zone of the phone switching from Wifi to LTE, I almost always have problems.

And I do agree on the login. Note, I don't think the login is required every few days though. If you check the app frequently I think it ends up not requiring a login. I find when I haven't checked the app for a while, maybe 3 to 5 days or more, it then it requires a new login.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I totally agree with VZX, I don't start my F-pace remotely at home since it's in the garage. I often do it from work though. I have decent Wifi in work and if I start it from inside the building it's normally started and fine when I get to the car. If I forget to start it until I'm walking out the door and across the parking lost, its dicy if it will start or give me an error. I realize the problem with this is that as I walk out I start to loose wifi and transition back to LTE with my Verizon iPhone. If I wait till i'm completely outside and fully transitioned to LTE, it normally starts. But in the transition zone of the phone switching from Wifi to LTE, I almost always have problems.

And I do agree on the login. Note, I don't think the login is required every few days though. If you check the app frequently I think it ends up not requiring a login. I find when I haven't checked the app for a while, maybe 3 to 5 days or more, it then it requires a new login.

I don't believe that my phone's connection is part of the problem because 1) the recent journeys aren't showing up on the website and 2) I've tried on both solid wifi and cell connections and I still get errors.

The frustrating thing is that it was clearly working at 11:37 am on Friday but the car hasn't connected to the system since. The dealer is somewhat clueless to the technology and Jaguar never returns calls. Not sure where to turn...

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I don't believe that my phone's connection is part of the problem because 1) the recent journeys aren't showing up on the website and 2) I've tried on both solid wifi and cell connections and I still get errors.

The frustrating thing is that it was clearly working at 11:37 am on Friday but the car hasn't connected to the system since. The dealer is somewhat clueless to the technology and Jaguar never returns calls. Not sure where to turn...
I would agree then you more than likely have an issue with the car's connectivity. I've never had any issue with getting journey's to show up on the app.

I do think your situation is quite different than what most everyone else should experience. Any dicey connectivity while attempting to start the car with the app will result in the car not starting, however when started my car has no issues logging all of it's journeys in the 5800 miles I have on it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm heading to the dealer now to show them the issue. I note that the blue service button and red SOS button are not illuminated nor do they work when pressed. Could this be part of the issue?

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I believe it could, I'm under the impression those services and the remote app run across the same in car communications network that is separate than the AT&T and Wifi networks.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts

I'm 99% certain service manager is wrong.
It sounds to me like there is a problem between vehicle and Jaguar InControl cloud. This would impact not only remote but anti-theft and possibly emergency notifications as well.

Here's what I think might be happening; I suspect when you were at the dealer setting up the InControl account in the vehicle the vehicle was connected to the wifi network at the dealership. This led the telematics remote system to think it was supposed to communicate through wifi NOT through the built in telematics connection. Either that or when the dealer originally did PDI car was connected to their wifi and the whole telematics is trying to send data through a now disconnected wifi connection.

Some things to check:
1) go into Connectivity settings in vehicle and make sure wifi turned off, if it was on see if that makes a difference in remote behavior
2) possibly go back to dealer and have them re-setup your incontrol account in vehicle but with car off wifi network
3) a basic thing to test is if your jaguar assistance button works and connects you to Jaguar, don't test the SOS button! this would let you know telematics module is at least working.

Just guessing but I think the above may be at least possible pathway to solution.

Final thing, when you say dealer not sure if it's sales or service trying to help, best bet is service and someone who has read up on telematics system.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm 99% certain service manager is wrong.
It sounds to me like there is a problem between vehicle and Jaguar InControl cloud. This would impact not only remote but anti-theft and possibly emergency notifications as well.

Here's what I think might be happening; I suspect when you were at the dealer setting up the InControl account in the vehicle the vehicle was connected to the wifi network at the dealership. This led the telematics remote system to think it was supposed to communicate through wifi NOT through the built in telematics connection. Either that or when the dealer originally did PDI car was connected to their wifi and the whole telematics is trying to send data through a now disconnected wifi connection.

Some things to check:
1) go into Connectivity settings in vehicle and make sure wifi turned off, if it was on see if that makes a difference in remote behavior
2) possibly go back to dealer and have them re-setup your incontrol account in vehicle but with car off wifi network
3) a basic thing to test is if your jaguar assistance button works and connects you to Jaguar, don't test the SOS button! this would let you know telematics module is at least working.

Just guessing but I think the above may be at least possible pathway to solution.

Final thing, when you say dealer not sure if it's sales or service trying to help, best bet is service and someone who has read up on telematics system.

Thank you much for your thoughts. After a couple of hours at the dealer yesterday, they determined that there is an issue in the telematics system. The Jaguar Assistance button does not function and is no longer illuminated. Service and sales are working together on the issue and they are doing everything humanly possible. Really excellent service. This morning, I provided them with a detailed summary of how the issue evolved and they are going to get Jaguar involved.

Hopefully, they can get this figured out soon.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts