Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is still using the older version of Remote App

Switch to new version with new layout and Guardian Mode

Better UI, faster interactions with Guardian mode which disables the remote app controls until the time you set with alerting about actions you do with remote key fob or vehicle directly.

Also a new version of North America map is available for install (Version Number: 08.030.0110.0153)

·
F Pace Expert
2,564 Posts
I am using the older version. I have both but the newer app refuses to connect to my vehicle. It just sits there saying reconnecting and never connects. Meanwhile the older app connected almost instantly at the moment. I think I deleted the newer app and tried again with same results. IOS, fully updated, IPhone 11 Plus

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No idea why. Android user with last years Samsung Note phone with latest updates. For me the old app always had issues when randomly connecting. It sometimes refuses to connect and times out when trying to do operations like lock or remote start. But the new app behaves better for me.

·
Registered
308 Posts
iOS user fully up to date on 13.6.1 and app version 2.4.0, old app was more reliable. New app often gets stuck “reconnecting” and often fails to remote start. The Face ID part is nice for remote start though when it works.

Haven’t seen any mention of a guardian mode, is that android only?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Nixmo, I'm seeing the same thing. New release works, but not a well as the old.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Interesting, I just download the app to my iPhone and DO NOT have the Guardian Mode. hmmm

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
wow, this is not on my iphone version! What does it do, what does "monitor interactions" even mean haha?
I have no idea why this is not on IOS version, unless you are still using old version (look at my first post to see the visual differences)

What it does is
I enabled the guardian mode until next day.

I cannot do anything with phone remote app until then

And if I or anyone else do anything with Keyfob (like unlock or open the boot)

It will alert me (so, if I decide no one should do anything with the car till a said time, it is useful, or if someone stole my keys)

I just opened the boot with my key-fob to test

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Both work for me, but the old version still wins in speed and reliability... it’s just not as “pretty” as the new one. I also don’t have Guardian Mode on my iPhone 11 Pro. I thought maybe that’s only for newer models than my ‘17. Only the older version has an Apple Watch app, which I use all the time. The new version seems to be phone only.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
308 Posts
Same no guardian mode on that screen. 2019 SVR, iOS 13.6.1 app 2.4.0
Checked the old app also, 1.81, no guardian mode there either.
Doesn’t sound particularly useful to me anyhow. I was hoping it was something that would enable all cameras and record if the car is approached or disturbed, would love that!
Here are the 2 iOS apps to compare.
0A6CF26E-1DAB-4D87-B593-517A392AC330.png
5B2DC263-3F04-4416-855E-198BA20F836C.png

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My app version is 2.1.1 Published on May 18th 2020. So it could be an Android only app and feature?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Since this is only 11 days old I figured I’ll ask a question...

About to me a new F Pace S owner (CPO)...for any of these Remote apps to work, do you need to purchase a data plan for your ICTP? Reason being, I’m getting a 2017 that only has 3G, so I was thinking for any connectivity the car needs while I’m in it, I’ll just hot spot from my phone (4G).

So if I’m down the street or wherever, will any of this work from my phone if I don’t have a data plan specifically for the car?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Since this is only 11 days old I figured I’ll ask a question...

About to me a new F Pace S owner (CPO)...for any of these Remote apps to work, do you need to purchase a data plan for your ICTP? Reason being, I’m getting a 2017 that only has 3G, so I was thinking for any connectivity the car needs while I’m in it, I’ll just hot spot from my phone (4G).

So if I’m down the street or wherever, will any of this work from my phone if I don’t have a data plan specifically for the car?
I think a hotspot from your phone will work, but I found it too inconvenient. I got this, and have been very happy.

FreedomPop Less than $5/month, 12-Month Prepaid Plan - 3-in-1 LTE SIM Kit - Unlimited Talk, Text, & 1GB Data Amazon.com: FreedomPop Less than $5/month, 12-Month Prepaid Plan - 3-in-1 LTE SIM Kit - Unlimited Talk, Text, & 1GB Data

Next year when it expires, the only difference I would make is getting a pay as you go SIM card with maybe 12G of data that’s not bound to a 12 month expiration. I think the maps and features I use are well below 1G a month.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Interesting. Yeah I would only want/need my car to be connected when I am away from it for the app to “see” it...when I’m in the car, I wouldn’t use that data at all since 3G is so slow, so I’d just have it use my phones data for CarPlay or anything else I’m using.

So looks like I’ll need to get a cheap 3g data plan for it

·
Registered
15 Posts
Interesting. Yeah I would only want/need my car to be connected when I am away from it for the app to “see” it...when I’m in the car, I wouldn’t use that data at all since 3G is so slow, so I’d just have it use my phones data for CarPlay or anything else I’m using.

So looks like I’ll need to get a cheap 3g data plan for it
If you just want the car to be accessible in the sense that you’d like to use the App to remotely start or pre-condition the cabin, I think that’s all done on an internal SIM card, so you don’t need to purchase anything if you have those subscriptions.

If you want maps to work and show traffic updates, and use those types of features, then you would need a SIM card in the center console that has a data plan.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For your first paragraph - yes that’s what I want. To be able to “talk” to the car via the app remotely to check locks, start it, set temp, etc...
Since the car is a CPO there won’t be any 3 month trial period. So if the SIM card is in there but not currently tied to any plan, are you saying all I need to do is get a subscription plan through ATT (that’s the card) for that SIM card? Or are you saying if I have a SIM card installed I don’t need an active data plan to use the app to start the car remotely?

For all the other stuff, I’d use my own phone as a hot spot for in car use so that’s not a concern.

Asked another way, any of you who had the 3 month trial from ATT for data and didn’t continue and let it expire, can you use the app for remote start, etc if your car isn’t connected to any other data/WiFi source?

·
Registered
15 Posts
For your first paragraph - yes that’s what I want. To be able to “talk” to the car via the app remotely to check locks, start it, set temp, etc...
Since the car is a CPO there won’t be any 3 month trial period. So if the SIM card is in there but not currently tied to any plan, are you saying all I need to do is get a subscription plan through ATT (that’s the card) for that SIM card? Or are you saying if I have a SIM card installed I don’t need an active data plan to use the app to start the car remotely?

For all the other stuff, I’d use my own phone as a hot spot for in car use so that’s not a concern.

Asked another way, any of you who had the 3 month trial from ATT for data and didn’t continue and let it expire, can you use the app for remote start, etc if your car isn’t connected to any other data/WiFi source?

I think I understand where the confusion came in. To begin, there are a few services that we should be aware of:

Incontrol Protect
- SOS features, Breakdown assistance, checks fuel level with trip to make sure you have the range needed, etc

Incontrol Remote Premium
-Smartphone App access, remote start, beep to find, recondition cabin (what you're looking for)

---Above this line requires the service, but not an additional data plan, does require cell service in the area----

Pro Services
-connected navigation, live and in car wifi hot spot, jaguar pro service suit of features. This pro services uses the SIM card inserted into the vehicle, and requires a data plan.

oh my car, the first two services are good until 2023. the "pro services" is valid until 2028.

If you have a CPO car with these services, you can use the first 2 without any additional SIM card. it will use the internal one provided.

If you want to use pro services, you will need a SIM card like the one i linked for you. it uses Att data, and also sprint.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts