Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow F-Pacers

I've had what I believe is the most recent ITCP Update. I had the original super update, then in February I had the 2.5 update, which from my understanding was mostly about HOW to install the update.

I'm still having a few lingering issues, and with ITCP i'm not 100% sure if it's the software or if it's just me.

I thought that those of us who have had all the updates could share any outstanding issues here.

@Mods - If there is already a thread like this please point me there. The ITCP Superupdate sticky has a lot to read through and really doesn't focus on issues after the update.

My Post Update Issues:

1. My iPhone 7 disconnects after playing music for 30-40 seconds. Multiple unplug replug will get it to work. I'm using a high quality Anker cable, and have tried both USB ports. This issue started only recently though. IT worked fine for several months after the update

2. Delayed start up. Sometimes it takes almost 30 seconds for the ITCP to start up after I get in the car. I hit engine start and the screen is black. Then finally I'll get the leaper start up screen 30-40 seconds later.

3. Sometimes the camera will stay on the screen and won't go away after switching from reverse to drive. I have to stop and put the car in park and back to drive to get it to go away.

4. This may not be an ITCP error, but it's very annoying. The system defaults to FM radio. I never listen to it. I park in a garage with no signal. So, I'm listening with my phone when I get out of the car, but when I get back in and start up FM with bad signal is playing. Just annoying.

5. Parking sensors. I honestly never know when the front ones will actually engage. Sometimes I pull into a spot and they work automatically (without going into reverse first). Other times they don't. They'll always work when in reverse or when going from reverse to drive.

All in all, the updates have been solid. Just a few lingering things that when they do happen, which isn't often they really piss me off.

Please, share your after update issues so I can know if i'm alone or it's a software issue that's more prevalent.

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
Fellow F-Pacers

I've had what I believe is the most recent ITCP Update. I had the original super update, then in February I had the 2.5 update, which from my understanding was mostly about HOW to install the update.

I'm still having a few lingering issues, and with ITCP i'm not 100% sure if it's the software or if it's just me.

I thought that those of us who have had all the updates could share any outstanding issues here.

@Mods - If there is already a thread like this please point me there. The ITCP Superupdate sticky has a lot to read through and really doesn't focus on issues after the update.

My Post Update Issues:

1. My iPhone 7 disconnects after playing music for 30-40 seconds. Multiple unplug replug will get it to work. I'm using a high quality Anker cable, and have tried both USB ports. This issue started only recently though. IT worked fine for several months after the update

2. Delayed start up. Sometimes it takes almost 30 seconds for the ITCP to start up after I get in the car. I hit engine start and the screen is black. Then finally I'll get the leaper start up screen 30-40 seconds later.

3. Sometimes the camera will stay on the screen and won't go away after switching from reverse to drive. I have to stop and put the car in park and back to drive to get it to go away.

4. This may not be an ITCP error, but it's very annoying. The system defaults to FM radio. I never listen to it. I park in a garage with no signal. So, I'm listening with my phone when I get out of the car, but when I get back in and start up FM with bad signal is playing. Just annoying.

5. Parking sensors. I honestly never know when the front ones will actually engage. Sometimes I pull into a spot and they work automatically (without going into reverse first). Other times they don't. They'll always work when in reverse or when going from reverse to drive.

All in all, the updates have been solid. Just a few lingering things that when they do happen, which isn't often they really piss me off.

Please, share your after update issues so I can know if i'm alone or it's a software issue that's more prevalent.
1) I don't have this issue ever. My suggestions would range from trying a different cable, particularly the original Apple cable, as a test to the mundane, check for dust/lint accumulation in the cable plug port on phone, maybe blow it out with compressed air. I had a similar issue with headphones not working and it turned out to be dirt in the plug port. Your description of what fixes it and also that it's a recent problem are what made me think of this. Also there is the Topix item about potential bad USB cabling internally to vehicle but you'd think you would have seen the problem before this.
2) I get this occasionally, maybe one in twenty startups, takes more than usual amount of time to boot.
3) I have not had this since the update though, as noted by others, I have found that if I shift into reverse immediately after startup my sensor window on reverse screen is usually missing though beeping still happens. If I wait until I know ICTP fully booted then reverse screen works fine with reverse view, 360 view and sensor view.
4) So I had that problem after I first got the update then the service folks did something that fixed it, I think it may have been a redo of update but it was a while ago. Others have had same. This is fixable, and is annoying. Now my system defaults to whatever source I was last listening to if it's available.
5) I'm clueless on this one.

Reactions: BostonJaguar

·
Registered
585 Posts
Fellow F-Pacers

My Post Update Issues:

I use an android phone, so my experience may not be relevant. However, I do not have the disconnect you list

Have had this perhaps once or twice in all the starts since the update. Mind you, it was not really a problem before the update either.

Almost always, when I back out of my garage, the rear camera comes on virtually instantaneously and then switches to the home screen as soon as I move forward

Never seen this happen

I mostly listen to the uploaded media library, and it will always come back to that when I re-start. Similarly, if I have been listening to FM, that is what will come back.

Totally consistent on this. Front sensors only come on if I have just gone from reverse to drive, or if I invoke the camera deliberately through the park assist icon. I have concluded that this is probably by design

Hope this helps. My only remaining issue is with unreliable connectivity, which hopefully will be fixed with a service booked for early next month.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Fellow F-Pacers

My Post Update Issues:

Number

1 - I don't have this issue with my iPhone 7 Plus. Bluetooth always connects sometime I have to restart the playlist I was listening to, but 9 times out of 10 it restarts playing where I left off without me doing anything with the phone. I prefer bluetooth due to this. I do use a cable from time to time, I have an apple cable and it works perfectly fine. With normal or live music.
2. I have seen the delayed startup, or blank screen from time to time. Maybe 1 out of ever 20 start ups. Never really an issue since it does come back eventually.
3. This has happened 3 times to me but it never locks there, if I press the seat heater button, ICTP will come back on the main screen within 2 minutes or so.
4. It defaults radio since it probably can't get satellite and you phone isn't connected. Since I use bluetooth with my iPhone most of the time it comes back with that first. However, if bluetooth doesn't connect in time, it goes to satellite radio.
5. I've seen the sensor issue as well. Most of the time they engage fine when in reverse. I normally use the 360 degree camera when pulling in instead of the sensors since I have it. I just hit the ICTP icon and turn it on.

I've been thrilled with my F-Paces ICTP since the update was applied in November.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hope this helps. My only remaining issue is with unreliable connectivity, which hopefully will be fixed with a service booked for early next month.
Interesting, if you read the 2017 manual, the parking sensors only turn on when pressed, or when going into R or N. However, in the 2018 manual it shows the ability to set them to come on at speeds of 6mph or less when in drive.

The parking aid system can be set to activate automatically for when:

The vehicle’s speed falls below 6 mph (10 km/h).

Drive (D) is selected for vehicles with an automatic transmission.

Reverse (R) is selected for vehicles with a manual transmission.

To enable the auto on feature, on the touch screen select, the Settings icon to access the PARKING AID SETTINGS pop-up menu. Select Automatic PDC ON.
I'd be interested to see the 2018 ITCP updates on the our 2017's.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Fellow F-Pacers

My Post Update Issues:

All of those issues (except the iphone one) were issues i experienced. When I looked at my version of my ICPT it was slightly different than the super update. When my dealer ran the vin the computer said it didn't require the update.

But as awesome my guys are they wouldn't let me leave dissatisfied, so they looked into it and then realized I didn't actually have the super update, so they did the update and I haven't had any of those same issues. They also had to update the software on the rear camera because I added the tow hitch and it was causing issues.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
536 Posts
Fellow F-Pacers

My Post Update Issues:

I have an iPhone 7 and have not seen this issue. Do you have the original cable that came with the phone? It seems I have seen in other posts that original cable works better.

This happens to me every once in a while so it is likely just a timing issue.

I've seen this a couple of times but pretty rare.

If you are connected via the USB cable and you unplug it will default to FM Radio. If you leave it plugged in it will start up where you left off.

This is also intermittent for me. Sometimes they will engage other times they don't.

I have had the latest ICTP update.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got back from a 20 minute drive across town for lunch. I brought with me a brand new iPhone cable. Had the same issues. I even waited till the system was booted all the way up. But, plug in, play the music via spotify on the phone. It works, then I get disconnected from the system. Try it again, works for 30 seconds then disconnected.

What is odd though, is that If I can get the Spotify App up on the F-Pace, it's a rock solid connection. :/

It's frustrating, basically 1/2 the drive home was futzing with trying to get my phone and audio to work. And when it disconnects me, bluetooth is lost as well.

I think my issue is unique and maybe a trip to the shop will help.

But it's also good to hear no one else so far is having any other real issues!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Interesting, if you read the 2017 manual, the parking sensors only turn on when pressed, or when going into R or N. However, in the 2018 manual it shows the ability to set them to come on at speeds of 6mph or less when in drive.

I'd be interested to see the 2018 ITCP updates on the our 2017's.
That feature better be available for our 2017s! That is one of my major complaints! I will ask about this when its in next.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Just got back from a 20 minute drive across town for lunch. I brought with me a brand new iPhone cable. Had the same issues. I even waited till the system was booted all the way up. But, plug in, play the music via spotify on the phone. It works, then I get disconnected from the system. Try it again, works for 30 seconds then disconnected.

What is odd though, is that If I can get the Spotify App up on the F-Pace, it's a rock solid connection. :/

It's frustrating, basically 1/2 the drive home was futzing with trying to get my phone and audio to work. And when it disconnects me, bluetooth is lost as well.

Have you tried different USB ports? I believe there is two in the console.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you tried different USB ports? I believe there is two in the console.
yes, I have with no real difference. I could just use bluetooth, but it's not as good of quality as directly plugging in, plus it charges the phone. And with Apple, you don't get album artwork over bluetooth.

I guess these are good problems to have... life could be much worse.

·
Registered
536 Posts
yes, I have with no real difference. I could just use bluetooth, but it's not as good of quality as directly plugging in, plus it charges the phone. And with Apple, you don't get album artwork over bluetooth.

I guess these are good problems to have... life could be much worse.
Yes, it could! Well keep it on your list so the next time you go in for service they can look at it.

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
Here's a seemingly relevant section from a Topix item (definitely check both the USB ports and your phone plug jack for dirt, even a little can screw it up):

A customer may report a concern that, when an external media source is connected to
the In Car Entertainment system using the relevant USB cable only, the device is not
connecting to the vehicle.

Cause
Poor quality connectivity(damaged/sub-standard quality components)

Action

Upon diagnosis of a customer report, carry out the following steps:

1. Check that the external media source and/or lead is not at fault by substituting the
lead and /or the external media source and listening to playback of music
Note: Please verify with a lead which must be in good condition. Some leads have
been known to cause issues due to poor quality cable and connector components
used in manufacturing. (An assortment of leads from various manufacturers
would be useful to show a customer variation in lead capability prior to sourcing
a replacement)

2. Check the external media source socket and connections to the USB are not at fault.
(Dusty/dirty/damaged).

3. Check that the connections to the Audio Control Module (ACM) or Infotainment
Control module(IMC) are fully latched and there are no backed out pins.

4. If any of the above are found to be at fault, rectify as necessary, then retest for
symptoms.

5. Only replace the ACM/IMC if symptoms persist giving a full fault description and
analysis for returned part.

Reactions: BostonJaguar

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've had numerous issues with ICTP ever since I got my car last June. I've had the Super Update last October and then had it reinstalled again because it didn't fix the issues.
1. I get the delayed startup often. Sometimes I can be a few blocks before it comes up.
2. Even when the screen comes up it there can be a big delay before Nav is available - as in a number of minutes. Sometimes pressing the Home screen panel or hard Nav button does nothing. Other times I get a message Nav not available.
3. Phone connection drops out regularly. Sometimes it reconnects. Other times it refuses reconnect requiring to shut off the car. Open door. Lock. Let it go to sleep. Open door. And start again.
4. 3G frequent drop out. Can't get live traffic or weather. When it comes back I've been logged out and have to log back in.
5. Control of iPhone music is a disaster. I prefer to use cable but often I'm met with the title but no music. Pressing anything does nothing. Once it Connects it often disconnects after 30 seconds. Then wait, reconnect. Does this 3 or 4 times before settling down. I'm 5-10 minutes in to a journey before I'm listening. Try to browse and I often get incomplete lists of playlists, songs etc. back out, go back in and get a different list. Try scrolling and it often freezes and then jumps back up a level or two. In general just real slow. I've pretty much given up on this having to use lower quality BT and control from the phone.
6. Sometimes the rear camera doesn't come up. When it does it sometimes has the 3 displays I programmed. Other times it comes up without the radar sense screen. Go to drive, the cameras disappear and then the radar screen comes up on its own. I have to press x to get rid of it.
7. Since the last update I'm having lots of issues with remote start, or this might be something on the phone. I'm using Apple Watch and it lets me select start, enter code and says it's starting, but it doesn't. Then I find the iPhone app has logged out.
In general this system seems really slow. Response to any key press is pretty sluggish. I just don't get the reviews that go on about how 'snappy' and 'responsive' ICTP is. Not mine for sure.
I was holding out for Ver 3 SW but seems most on 2.5 aren't having these issues. If finally gave up and opened a case with a Jag USA.

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
I've had numerous issues with ICTP ever since I got my car last June. I've had the Super Update last October and then had it reinstalled again because it didn't fix the issues.
1. I get the delayed startup often. Sometimes I can be a few blocks before it comes up.
2. Even when the screen comes up it there can be a big delay before Nav is available - as in a number of minutes. Sometimes pressing the Home screen panel or hard Nav button does nothing. Other times I get a message Nav not available.
3. Phone connection drops out regularly. Sometimes it reconnects. Other times it refuses reconnect requiring to shut off the car. Open door. Lock. Let it go to sleep. Open door. And start again.
4. 3G frequent drop out. Can't get live traffic or weather. When it comes back I've been logged out and have to log back in.
5. Control of iPhone music is a disaster. I prefer to use cable but often I'm met with the title but no music. Pressing anything does nothing. Once it Connects it often disconnects after 30 seconds. Then wait, reconnect. Does this 3 or 4 times before settling down. I'm 5-10 minutes in to a journey before I'm listening. Try to browse and I often get incomplete lists of playlists, songs etc. back out, go back in and get a different list. Try scrolling and it often freezes and then jumps back up a level or two. In general just real slow. I've pretty much given up on this having to use lower quality BT and control from the phone.
6. Sometimes the rear camera doesn't come up. When it does it sometimes has the 3 displays I programmed. Other times it comes up without the radar sense screen. Go to drive, the cameras disappear and then the radar screen comes up on its own. I have to press x to get rid of it.
7. Since the last update I'm having lots of issues with remote start, or this might be something on the phone. I'm using Apple Watch and it lets me select start, enter code and says it's starting, but it doesn't. Then I find the iPhone app has logged out.
In general this system seems really slow. Response to any key press is pretty sluggish. I just don't get the reviews that go on about how 'snappy' and 'responsive' ICTP is. Not mine for sure.
I was holding out for Ver 3 SW but seems most on 2.5 aren't having these issues. If finally gave up and opened a case with a Jag USA.
Has your telematics unit been replaced? if not might need to be given your 3G and remote start issues. Also sounds like either a) update just didn't take or b) you need a replacement master ontrol unit for ICTP.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Elanmike,

I had the same problem with my iPhone. Also when i used Spotify on the phone i could not control it from the car.

When i tried another iPhone with the same IOS it worked without any problem. An older iPhone 4 also worked.

I took a backup of my iPhone, did a factory reset and installed some music on the empty phone. This time it worked perfect.

Then i restored my backup to the phone and since then i did not have a single problem anymore.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So, you've had the update in october, but not the "2.5" that came in february? I'd get updated to that, and if it doesn't fix your issues definitely look toward the telematics unit replacement.

My issues are just a few little lingering things, but yours seem like they updates have never been installed. Could you actually verify that they have?

I know after the update we got a new NAV button and some options looked different. I know there is a thread somewhere that you can confirm you got the update. Maybe i'd start there. (if you read all the posts, some dealers are not so good with updates)

·
Registered
58 Posts
So, you've had the update in october, but not the "2.5" that came in february? I'd get updated to that, and if it doesn't fix your issues definitely look toward the telematics unit replacement.

My issues are just a few little lingering things, but yours seem like they updates have never been installed. Could you actually verify that they have?

I know after the update we got a new NAV button and some options looked different. I know there is a thread somewhere that you can confirm you got the update. Maybe i'd start there. (if you read all the posts, some dealers are not so good with updates)
Definitely the update was applied as the changes are all there. I did have 2.5 done.
I told the dealer about the need for new telematics unit a couple of weeks ago - still no update!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all - going to pick up my 17 FP-S. They told me they were doing an hour long update yesterday. How can I ensure the super update and the 2.5 (I believe that's the last one?) have been done?

·
Registered
188 Posts

I don't suppose you know someone with the same phone as yours, that you could play with. It might be interesting to see if the problem is unique to your phone.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts