Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I've been eyeing the the F-Pace for a couple of months now. I love the looks and enjoyed my test ride. The only reason I haven't purchased is because the closest dealership to me is 2 hours away, and I'm worried about maintenance.
I really want the 30T and would be looking to buy used to have this in my price point.
(I've called around I found someone in my area who can do oil changes and breaks, but that's about it)

I'm wondering what people's experiences have been with reliability and how often you need to bring your F-pace in for repairs/glitches outside of the recommended services.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
As an opinion, your experience can vary widely. If you are looking used, I would try to get every bit of history information, Carfax, dealer record and any other past owner info availalble...
Not being a negative Nancy, but if its a late model trade, to me, there always has to be a reason why they got rid of it. My dealer is a ways away too, but I bought new and had them put in writing that there would always be PU and delivery service, no charge for the duration of the 5/60 warranty, as a minimum for me to buy. Some things can only be solved by a dealer if they come up, and there is no guarantee the one 2 hrs a way is a good dealer anyways... This experience varies widely also. This vehicle is not a Celica or a Chevy PU that you can take just anywhere for repair or go to AutoZone and get parts for. It CAN be a trouble free vehicle, or it can have "Niggles" that will drive you nuts. I personally would not own it if it was my ONLY must work , no fail, family stops if the car is in the shop driver, but again, my opinion only....
Just make sure whatever decision you make, you've got your eyes wide open to the possibilities, good and bad....

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
stbentoak hit one thing perfectly on the nose, experience will vary and I fully agree with his recommendation on a used buy to get as much information as you can on the history of the car. Make sure all the Topix bulletins for the model and VIN have been done. I’m on my second F-Pace, and I love the car and will probably end up buying a third in about a year. My 2017 did have issues. I had things that had to be taken care of with that car that you shouldn’t have to deal with on a new car, but I love it and Jag took care of all of them under warrantee. But to be honest, I went into the 2017 expecting a little of that since it was a first year SUV for Jag. The only 1st year model I ever owned that didn’t have any issues was a 1990 Honda Accord EXL Sedan.

My 2019 has been flawless, no issues at all other than software updates which are now done over the air and a cylinder sensor that was replaced during my first oil change. Some out here would say part of that result is because its an SVR, but the SVR is only built a little different most of the parts and systems on the car are the same as the standard F-Pace.

There are a couple little software bugs that remain but to be honest neither of these vehicles ever left me high and dry and they were both my daily drivers. I had 46k on the 2017 when I traded it on the 2019, 20k now on the 2019.

There are much more reliable cars out there, but there isn’t an SUV that looks and drives like this one. It’s a blast.

Reactions: Dai Uy Ted

·
Registered
239 Posts
I will echo PA-FPace-F . . . I have a 2019 S model and I have had absolutely no issues with car. It also is my daily driver and it has never left me stranded. Love the car and following GRVR's parking rules to keep the car "ding free".

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have a 2018 30T, which I spec'd out new and waited to have built. It's been reasonably reliable, but not perfect. I had some early software issues that kept voice commands from working like they should, one rattle over the door pillar that I made them fix, a failed solenoid in the oil system, and most recently a failed water pump. Several of those things I had them fix during annual maintenance visits. I think it's been in maybe four times in two years. It's been less than my BMW ended up needing service, but more than either of my Audi's, and much more than our past Infiniti, Acura, and Mazda. It's about on par with what I expected for the brand.

Having said that, there's some real snake-bitten copies of this car out there, and if you're shopping the used market you have to question why the car is available. As noted above, get as many service records as you can, and see if the selling dealer will commit to coming to pick it up from you if you need service. If it were me, I don't think I'd chance used. And I'm not keeping this one for a minute past the end of the five year warranty. But at that point I could see getting a 2023 MY F-Pace, or maybe an I-Pace.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
If it were me, I don't think I'd chance used. And I'm not keeping this one for a minute past the end of the five year warranty. But at that point I could see getting a 2023 MY F-Pace, or maybe an I-Pace.
Yes, I don't think people just buy these on a whim, so if it had to exit early, it could have had an issue that the owner didn't like and the dealer couldn't/wouldn't fix to satisfaction. This may or may not be disclosed in available information. There certainly are a small minority of people that say trade every 2 years etc, but with this vehicle it could be just as likely its a problematic one. I'd maybe try to find a dealer certified one. That would be additional ammo for them to stand behind it....

I personally am not going to keep mine much past the 5/60 either. What's sad is by that time comes up for me, the market will be flooded with them and the used value will be terrible....

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
450 Posts
Three years in, and the only minor issues have been ICT related. Not a big deal to me - no long trips; all driving is local, so as long as I have Sirius/XM I'm good.
I see nothing out there I'd rather have. Being also a three-time Genesis owner, I've watched the impending GV80 and GV70 closely, but I'm confident they couldn't replace my F Pace. When the five years are up, with no longer a warranty behind it, I plan on another one. F Pace S, or if fiscally doable, SVR. Maybe an IPace. Must be at least a six-cylinder. And look good. Not just another Mommy Mobile, like every other SUV/crossover (including the higher priced German ones).

·
Registered
11 Posts
I will be the "counter" to some of the voices above. I work in the industry and know that most Jaguars are leased for 36 to 48 months, depending on the customer's needs and how JLR is working the lease pricing. Most used luxury vehicles are the result of leasing. I agree you should call a Jaguar dealer after you view the Carfax if you have any questions. I bought a '17 F-Pace last December and the Carfax said it had an accident. Nobody could find the paintwork. I called the dealer as I have been a customer there 10 years and I asked the service advisor to look for any body repairs near the accident date. Ends up that apparently two people rubbed their mirrors as they passed. The mirror glass was replaced and there's a small scratch on the housing that is easy fixable. Now I know why it wasn't really an accident. The morale of the story is dig until you get all the facts!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I've been eyeing the the F-Pace for a couple of months now. I love the looks and enjoyed my test ride. The only reason I haven't purchased is because the closest dealership to me is 2 hours away, and I'm worried about maintenance.
I really want the 30T and would be looking to buy used to have this in my price point.
(I've called around I found someone in my area who can do oil changes and breaks, but that's about it)

I'm wondering what people's experiences have been with reliability and how often you need to bring your F-pace in for repairs/glitches outside of the recommended services.

Thank you
I’ve had my 18 F-Pace Portfolio 3yrs. 33k miles. Absolutely 0 trips to dealer for any problems. Car has been perfect. Looking to get SVR when new ones come out.

·
Registered
589 Posts
My 2017 has been almost trouble free, well within my expectations. Mine was built in Feb 2017 and I think that there has been some indication on this forum that cars built earlier than that (within the first six months of the new model) had more teething issues. So I think I'd stick with something built after early 2017. There are a few other general improvements in the newer cars (e.g. the rear hatch is now more adjustable than the welded version in my year).
But buying used you will have had the previous owner work out most of that stuff. I agree with others that most of the used cars will be coming off of lease.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve had my 18 F-Pace Portfolio 3yrs. 33k miles. Absolutely 0 trips to dealer for any problems. Car has been perfect. Lookin to get SVR when new ones come out.
I bought mine from the very first shipment which had the 340 hp v6. Right after that the changed to 4 cyl. Glad I bought when I did.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd just throw in that not all used F-paces on the market had problems. I had the '17 S that I picked up around June 1st of 2016. It was absolutely trouble free. About six months ago I traded it in for a new FPACE, one with a little more power. It's not my backup vehicle. It's my main driver. My only real concern is that the tires aren't ubiquitous if one shreds somewhere. I'm guessing that whoever got my old one is happy. It was garaged every single day and looked just like brand new inside and out. They got it at about half the cost. Like so many others, I'd advise Cape Mom to do her homework because she could get a great vehicle at a great price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts