Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a follow-up to a few other threads I may have started or commented on.

I signed up for Red Pocket Mobile a few weeks back. They sent the chip fairly quickly.

Once you get the chip, you need to go back to your online account (@ Red Pocket) and add the ICCID (that is on the card they just sent) back to your account. I'm not sure why that didn't happen before they sent it to me, but not a big deal. The chip fits fine in the FPace.

For setup, I tried the automatic setup, but it would never connect. In fact, the first time the chip connected, the ICTP showed the service as "Red Pocket." I tried to change things like the MMSC or MMS proxy, but these didn't seem to be available.

I turned off Connectivity, let it sit for a bit, then turned it back on. Now the ICTP read "AT&T" so the actual servicer was available. Still, the cycling 3 dots over and over...

I finally got back on this forum and found a post where someone mentioned that AT&T needs to have Roaming enabled for some reason. Sure enough, once I made that change, the car finally connected. From my home area it still shows 3G, but I imagine that has more to do with my location at that time. From reading other Jag documents, I would expect that to turn to 4G once I get into range. Hopefully, anyway.

So here's a big thank you to all the great information here in fpaceforum. I would never have thought about or tried this! You are all more helpful and valuable than the people at my local dealership.

:)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Just an FYI, it will not flip to 4g unless you have MY2019. It has to do with the telemetrics unit installed in earlier vehicles.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting. I have a MY 2019 and ATT. Was driving around today and never saw the 4G come on, which seemed odd.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the meantime, I noticed I got the 19B update after adding the chip. That's good.

Now to solve the 4G dillemma...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
4G dilemma solved. It started working today with no other changes by me. I think it may have had to do with registering the chip through RedPocket. For security, they may limit the speed until the registration has fully passed through their systems. Imagine if someone had stolen the card before it was registered - why would they let an unregistered card get 4G...that would cost them a few bucks. That's my theory, anyway.

So problem solved. All is good and I am enjoying finally having all the features promised to me back in August...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi
I'm curious as to why you went with red pocket? I presume that you are not with AT&T for your cell service?
AT&T offers the in car data for $10 a month (if you are an AT&T customer), the same for Red Pocket for their 1GB plan?

I looked for other cheaper plans but can't find any.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Correct, I am not with AT&T. The dealership messed up something in setting up my car and could not retrieve what address they had used for me. When I called AT&T they assumed I was a hacker and would not give me access. Or something. I tossed their chip and started fresh.

Red Pocket is just a reseller, but the rates are good. After reading around the web they seemed to have good service and good customer support. I did read good and bad about all resellers, but they seemed to have the least bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts