Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

My wife and I just purchased a used 2018 F-Pace. She's got the 19" wheels and I'm looking to buy her some new tires for winter. She drives over an hour to work on back roads in New England. Has anyone had a good winter tire that they recommend for longer distances? We'll probably look at getting the higher trim level 20s and dedicated summer tires so we can swap them back and forth season to season (and improve the look come summertime)
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I've always had good results with the Michelin Blizzack and the Pirelli Scorpion Winter. I will be buying a new set of one of them to put on my 2019 SVR Winter wheel setup in Staggered sizing for the SVR. My winters aren't nearly as snowy as yours but we do get our snow and both of them have served me well on my last 3 or 4 vehicles I setup with winters and summer wheels.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Blizzaks are Bridgestones FYI....DM-V2 are one of the best...

·
Registered
2017 R Sport 3L V6 35t
45 Posts
In Colorado and have one year on the Nokian Hakkapelitta‘s which worked great last winter in all conditions. The Pirelli Scorpions I used for the last 10+ years and just wanted to try the Nokians. Have also had a few sets of Blizzaks and they work great in Winter but seemed to wear faster than the Pirellis. I would also look at the new category of performance all-season tires like the Nokian WR G4 which come very close to a winter tire - we have these on our other SUV.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Michelin is always a great default choice and I’ve had excellent experiences with both their summer and winter tires.

At the time we bought our F-Pace they did not have a fitment for the 20s so we purchased a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks. They are going into their 6th winter and still have lots of tread. Most importantly, the grip is excellent.

As a bonus, the ride is much better than with the OEM Goodyear all seasons.

I’m sure that 19” fitments are available for yours.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I live in serious snow country in the Colorado Rockies and I have Bridgestone Blizzaks DM-V2 255/50R20 109T. They are excellent at gripping ice and snow. I can drive confidently when other people are slipping/sliding. The tires are much softer than my non-winter OEM Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics, so my winter driving needs to be less aggressive around corners. I run my tires at 36psi light load. I am very happy with my Blizzaks. I do my twice yearly seasonal tire swap at Costco for $64 a swap, which includes re-mounting, balancing, rotate and new tire pressure sensors (you must buy one set of your tires at Costco for them to perform this service).

Reactions: stbentoak

·
Registered
10 Posts
I Live in Northern Idaho and ski, round trip 60 miles that I make 2-3 times per week. Toyo Observe G-3 is the best winter tire I have ever driven. Don't make them to fit our 19" rims. I tried Vredestien Wintrac Pro with a speed rating of V! These tires handle it all. I have driven in 12" of snow with no issues. 6-8 inches of wet snow during the spring melt I drove over 2 miles in this crud on a dirt road. Look up the reviews on these tires.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don’t drive in a ton of snow since I’m in TN, but it tends to ice here more than anything - especially in the middle of the night when I’m driving home from work. The weather can get a bit dicey on the narrow winding mountain roads sometimes too, especially in the Smokies. I have Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 SUV’s on a set of OEM 20” rims and they’ve been great so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts