Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Tail Light Recall Notice

6K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  stbentoak 
#1 ·
So I get these CarFax car care email reports on my 21 SVR and have really never paid any attention to them. Today I received one that says recall due now. I hadn’t received a notice from Jaguar so I was curious to see what was listed and it’s #H404 - improper taillight specification. Anyone know if this is a legit recall and what exactly the issue is?

thanks in advance for any info.

#6 ·
Is it just for SVR’s or is it for all 2021s?

#11 ·
If your vehicle was going in for service in the next 2-3 weeks, do you think the dealer would review it based on this?

#13 ·
I wonder if this is a hardware problem (lens design, manufacturing defect, or wiring issue) or software problem (coding for different worldwide region used in North American market by accident).

#16 ·
My rear lights look perfectly fine and the indicators work well also. But they've worked the way that that do since I got the car. I don't know if they are up to spec though for the US. So I'm wondering what are the range of cars that are actually affected. I guess we'll have to wait to see if I get a notice.

#18 ·
Looks like my particular F-Pace SVR is outside of that range. Not sure how the range covers 21 and 22 cars with mine being a 21 but I am above the end of the range best as I can tell. We
'll see if I get a recall letter or not. Thanks for searching and looking Bob!

Reactions: bobfpacebob
#20 · (Edited)
#22 ·
This annoys me as well. I don't want them changed to be honest. I guess I can ignore he notice.

#23 ·
I don't either. I guess the challenge is what happens when you drop off for service? I'm going to be taking mine in for 8k mile oil change soon (I do every 8k vs 16) and will request that they not perform the recall but not sure we'll have a choice if the lights violate U.S. spec. Will see.

This post has been deleted
#29 · (Edited)
From what I saw, it was specific to the turn signals in my letter. I looked at mine and I think they are bright enough, but if someone gets the new lights let me know what you see as the difference. I'm guessing those who don't get the recall should also have the lights that will be swapped if mine is serviced.

In looking at mine, the turn signal is red and at the top, it's seems bright enough, but I thought my other F-pace has orange turn signals at the back. The ones above also don't look as red as mine, in fact they look at little orange but I can't really tell since it's just a picture. Can anyone post a video? I'll try to take a video of mine and post below. This video doesn't do well with the color, it is Red like the tails although it looks a little orange here.

F-Pace 21 Recalled Tail Lights

#31 ·
Just picked up my SVR from a mid-interval oil change and they reviewed the vehicle for this recall. No action was taken on my 21. Asked advisor what specifically they were looking for but couldnt get much more than what’s listed in recall. In any event my tails are fine and we’re not replaced.

#33 ·
I believe it's only certain serial # and certainly not a show stopper. Just let them catch it on your next annual service if it applies to you....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.