Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Wow, how many times do you have to see THIS IS NOT A RECALL until you stop calling it a recall. I guess not enough so here it is again:

THIS IS NOT A RECALL

It’s a minor service issue, it could possibly be linked to the click sound but it sounds like it’s more long term for that to happen:
The voice of sanity, thank you.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Service Bulletin HO37..They spray a liquid 3M film lubricant product on the Tie rod ends and Ball joints..to protect against corrosion...PERIOD

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
to protect against corrosion . . . PERIOD
That actually looks like *3* PERIODS , followed by the word PERIOD ???:confused:

·
Registered
358 Posts
I had it done, too. As I reported in the other thread, it's titled a "recall" on the paperwork, but really is just a required 'check-up' and fixed if needed.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
In the future, rather than use the expression ;"Pain-in-thee Ass"..I'll just substitute "GR" for it..means the same thing.;)

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
I don't *RECALL* giving YOU permission to use the initials *GR* in your posts !!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
nobody contacted me to get it done, but they mentioned that it would be done along with the ICTP upgrade this past weekend. looked like it was less than an hour of work.

fwiw it was described as a "recall" over the phone and on the invoice

·
F Pace Expert
2,564 Posts
As noted previously, the fix is all of spraying the part with a different protective spray than originally used.

·
Registered
6 Posts
F-Pacers,

Got my first recall notifications when taking the car in for the annual state inspection sticker. Looks like they had to repack and grease the tie rod ball joints. This was on 2018 F-Pace. Anybody else got this or similar recall yet.:|
How interesting, I didn’t get a recall on the Ball End Joints but both failed on my 2017 RSport and Failed MOTs. Great expense to me, I love to know more about the recall @Jaguar and why I was charged.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts