Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my front pads, seemed to go fine enough, i did it.
Started doing the rear and well it turns out amazon sent me the wrong part number. so I tried to put everything back. In the process, the car turned off from accessory mode and the parking brake engaged while off the rotor. So i had to press it back down and get everything back on. When I start the car, I get the "Parking Brake Requires Calibration Apply Foot and Parking Brake" message.

looking through Google, i find random things, but none have worked. Any suggestions? Please speak to me as if you're explaining this to a 10 year old so i do not miss anything. Im not the worlds greatest mechanic here.

2017 Jaguar F-Pace 20d Diesel Premium.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well i got all 4 pads changed. double checked everything and I dont know what is wrong. I can hear both side engage when i press the e-brake button. Just last night a caliper was starting to seize when i went for a test drive. The error message is intermittent. I'll be at the dealer tomorrow to figure this out. I cant wait to see this repair bill... They wanted almost 2k for just the pads changed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well dealer says the whole caliper needs to be replaced. wants $1,429 for the caliper and $68 to put it on.

They tell me the EPB motor is blown. But I can hear it moving when I press the ebrake. So why did one side quit working but not the other? They then proceeded to tell me that the dealer is the only place to change the brakes because of the computer they need to hook it up to. There is no maintenance mode, the calibration message will not calibrate the EPB and every time you need to change pads, you must come in to the dealer to get them recalibrated as the car will not do it on its own. So why does the manual state that the EPB recalibrates itself over time? None of this adds up.

it also appears the only place to buy a caliper is at the dealer or a junkyard from ebay. Any comments would be appreciated at this point.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called a couple shops in northern alabama. They all said the same thing. go to the dealer.

well i bought a caliper from ebay for $170.

I called up 3 dealerships in the area. Its $200 just to "recalibrate" the brakes when I put it on. I think the Fpace is going to be put up for sale after this. This whole experience has just ruined it for me.

·
Registered
238 Posts
At the end of your initial paragraph to this thread you said "Im not the worlds greatest mechanic here." Sounds like you got in over your head . . . better luck with your next vehicle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts