Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I pulled the 2 black plastic pieces above/behind the mirror to try and find a wire to tap for the V1. No luck with that of course -_-. Also now I can't get the darn thing back on! Three of four corners lock in place but the front left one will not click in. Is there some kind of trick? I tried sliding it all the way back first, all the way forward, tried peeking in and nothing seems out of place or missing comparing the left and right sides.
The bottom cup shaped piece goes back on no problem, it's the top piece with the vents on it that is giving me trouble
I temporarily have it up with the 3 corners locked but it looks off and I'd like to fix it

·
Registered
575 Posts
Did you break one of the tabs? Or perhaps a retainer piece where it mounts to? Did you hear anything "strange" when you pried it off?

I have been toying with removing the interior trim on the doors and dash to wrap them in vinyl, but the amount of force I have generated (with no movement of the trim) raised an alarm, so I backed off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever find a solution on how to get it back on?

I'm having the same issue. I somehow removed it when adjusting the rear view mirror, but now can't put it back. I seem to be missing that same tab on the left from, so I don't think we snapped it off.

I'm thinking of taking it to the dealership. It's annoying how delicate some of these parts are.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not yet, I've kind of accepted it for now until I get more time to look at it. Maybe this weekend. Just strange that the other 3 go in fine no matter which tab you start with

·
Registered
521 Posts
So I pulled the 2 black plastic pieces above/behind the mirror to try and find a wire to tap for the V1. No luck with that of course -_-. Also now I can't get the darn thing back on! Three of four corners lock in place but the front left one will not click in. Is there some kind of trick? I tried sliding it all the way back first, all the way forward, tried peeking in and nothing seems out of place or missing comparing the left and right sides.
The bottom cup shaped piece goes back on no problem, it's the top piece with the vents on it that is giving me trouble
I temporarily have it up with the 3 corners locked but it looks off and I'd like to fix it
When you removed the larger piece, were you able to get it completely off or just detached? I was not able to get it completely off. Is there a trick to it. There just doesn't seem to be the room to pull it off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts