Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the rear turn signal lights amber or red?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Believe they are red.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
This question concerns me , coming from someone who Flies Jets !!! >:) HeeHeeHee !

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This question concerns me , coming from someone who Flies Jets !!! >:) HeeHeeHee !
Well, my planes port light was red and the starboard was green, but they didn't blink!!!
Thanks for the quick answers. I was hoping they were amber but you can't have everything.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
skyking , Allow me to take this moment to COMMEND you Sir , on LOADING UP Your IRR F-Pace S with ALL KINDS OF GOODIES !!! I just took the time to read your signature and it is quite Impressive !!! GO BIG , or GO HOME !!! Bravo Soldier !!! :) This F-Pace is going to seem pretty Tame , compared to what you're used to riding in ! >:) And now , the waiting game ! October , November , December , etc. etc. ! :(

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,416 Posts
Depends on what market you car was build for. Here in the US its red. I prefer the UK version that is amber.

DP

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow! Old thread from October. Good to see the new folks here are checking out the old stuff. BTW, originally asked because most of the videos back then were from the original press junket in Montenegro and featured European vehicles, hence the amber turn signals.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
310 Posts
It seems the trend for most higher end European vehicles for the North American market is red. BMW for instance use to have amber but now is all red and I believe that is the case also for MB.

Why this is the case who knows. I am sure if you asked engineers from BMW and MB why the switch to red they would likely tell you they have conducted extensive studies of North American drivers, as opposed to European drivers, as to reaction times to turn signal colors and North Americans react quicker to red and Europeans quicker to amber. They always have a rational for this type of thing.

The real reason likely is just a style thing of the moment. Jaguar is just following the trend.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
It seems the trend for most higher end European vehicles for the North American market is red. BMW for instance use to have amber but now is all red and I believe that is the case also for MB.

Why this is the case who knows. I am sure if you asked engineers from BMW and MB why the switch to red they would likely tell you they have conducted extensive studies of North American drivers, as opposed to European drivers, as to reaction times to turn signal colors and North Americans react quicker to red and Europeans quicker to amber. They always have a rational for this type of thing.

The real reason likely is just a style thing of the moment. Jaguar is just following the trend.
I have to agree with your evaluation, however I would have preferred the amber rears myself.

On one of my previous cars I even bought new OE rears from the model year after mine, just so I could have amber rear turn signals. Luckily it was a straight switch, the lamp size and mounting were identical:)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
They are amber in Europe; red in the US.
Our regulations here in the US allow either red or amber, and you can still buy several models here with amber rear turn signals.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,416 Posts
If someone can track me down the part numbe for the euro spec tail lights I would concider ordering a set. I would then do an install video.

DP

Reactions: 81dollar
1 - 15 of 15 Posts