Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Per this video (
), the rear turn signal blinks in amber. However, the Fpace I saw today had the portion of the brake light (as shown in the video) blinking as the turn signal - it did not appear LED. I do not have my fpace yet to confirm.

What do the rear turn signals look like? And brakes?

Are all rear lights LED?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Per this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty3u8E6e2vQ), the rear turn signal blinks in amber. However, the Fpace I saw today had the portion of the brake light (as shown in the video) blinking as the turn signal - it did not appear LED. I do not have my fpace yet to confirm.

What do the rear turn signals look like? And brakes?

Are all rear lights LED?
No. This must be from another market because I have seen it setup like this before but not in America. The turn signal and brake light in the F-pace are of the same light source. That LED strip on the bottom of the tail light that is used as the turn signal in this video IS NOT used as the turn signal in NA, the turn signal and brake light are the same except the turn signal blinks obviously. The rear lights are LED and you can see this if you look into the assembly.

Im sure an auto body shop could change the wiring to have it setup like this but I haven't seen it done.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That is disappointing - the red to amber signal is sharp (and makes more sense).

Are the US brake/turn lights LED?

Reactions: Okie

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Thanks. That is disappointing - the red to amber signal is sharp (and makes more sense).

Are the US brake/turn lights LED?
Yes, the tail lights (the LED strip at the bottom of the assembly) brake lights/turn signal lights are all LED.

But I do agree, I love how it is setup in the video but unfortunately that is not how it is here in America anyway.

·
Registered
86 Posts
That is a European spec F-Pace on the video. The US rear turn signal does not have the amber LED.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
The US department of transportation are very strict when it comes to lights on cars. BMWs laser light was just recently allowed in the US. Audi just recently added the dynamic turn signals to the new A4, before no automaker was allowed to use dynamic lighting in their tail light assembly. So im sure the F-pace not having the same tail lights as those in Europe do has something to do with the strict policies that USDOT imposes.

But I would have to think it would be very simple to rewire the tail light assembly to have it set up like the F-pace in the video.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But I would have to think it would be very simply to rewire the tail light assembly to have it set up like the F-pace in the video.
Would be worth the work.

·
Registered
148 Posts
You'll also notice the front corners of the headlights are clear in this vid (eurospec) whereas the NA version is amber.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I agree though, I do like the amber rear turn indicators. If anyone figures that out, please share. Though I suspect the part numbers may be different (i.e. that ours don't even have the amber LEDs in them.)

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
You'll also notice the front corners of the headlights are clear in this vid (eurospec) whereas the NA version is amber.
I thought amber was what the eurospec turn signals are? I would say the NA headlight corners are orange, no?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do the amber/orange front corners light up? LEDs? In teh video, their white corners do not light up when the head-lights are switched on.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Do the amber/orange front corners light up? LEDs? In teh video, their white corners do not light up when the head-lights are switched on.
Yes ours have three little LEDs that light up when the parking lights, or headlights are switched on.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I thought amber was what the eurospec turn signals are? I would say the NA headlight corners are orange, no?
Orange = amber. The eurospec lights in the video are clear with amber lights, whereas the NA headlight corners are colored amber.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Orange = amber. The eurospec lights in the video are clear with amber lights, whereas the NA headlight corners are colored amber.
The clear side marker reflector on the euro headlights don't light up at all, whereas the US orange reflector does have a small bulb.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The clear side marker reflector on the euro headlights don't light up at all, whereas the US orange reflector does have a small bulb.
Technically the euro headlamps are not legal in the US and Canada, unless they are modified to include the yellow (amber) front side marker lamps required by federal law in both countries (FMVSS/CMVSS 108)
The vehicle may not pass state inspection without the required side markers:eek:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Technically the euro headlamps are not legal in the US and Canada, unless they are modified to include the yellow (amber) front side marker lamps required by federal law in both countries (FMVSS/CMVSS 108)
The vehicle may not pass state inspection without the required side markers
You are absolutely correct. I was expecting my last inspection outing for my wife's car to involve checking for tints, measuring front license plate height, and checking tire tread, but was pleasantly surprised when they just plugged into the diagnostic port.

For the FP they just verified my insurance and registration before handing me a 7 year pass sticker (along with some compliments of course). YMMV

Reactions: MTHM

·
Registered
44 Posts
Does anyone know if the Euro tail lights (with LED) are a plug-and-play into 2017 US based F-Pace? I am exporting my vehicle to Spain and need to change them. Due to timing (related to getting an exemption from various fees) I prefer to have that modification done prior to shipping the vehicle. Thx much for the info.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Just saw this, quite embarrassed I forgot amber was orange haha :laugh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts