Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably just a one off incident, but just in case, check your rear license plate holder and make sure its on nice and snug. Tuesday morning, put something in the back of the FP and then went to take one of my dogs to the vet. Saw my license plate and college frame on there, no issues - no rattling, didn't appear loose or shift in anyway. Get to the vet, go around the front of the car and take care of business. Come back out and go to the rear of the car and notice and my entire license plate assembly is gone. The plate, the college frame, the holder, all of it.

Doesn't appear to have been tampered with...but can't rule out it was stolen. But looking at the area, it appears the whole thing just fell off. I did file a police report just in case the plate pops up somewhere, but its just nuts! Ordered a new plate holder from Jaguar and this being such an isolated incident, no use trying to get them to cover it under warranty. Did talk to the service manager and asked him if he had ever heard of any similar incidents and he could only think of one with a RR Sport owner having the same thing happen.

Just keep an eye on it and make sure you check it every once in a while. Hopefully it won't happen again when I install the new holder.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Probably just a one off incident, but just in case, check your rear license plate holder and make sure its on nice and snug. Tuesday morning, put something in the back of the FP and then went to take one of my dogs to the vet. Saw my license plate and college frame on there, no issues - no rattling, didn't appear loose or shift in anyway. Get to the vet, go around the front of the car and take care of business. Come back out and go to the rear of the car and notice and my entire license plate assembly is gone. The plate, the college frame, the holder, all of it.

Doesn't appear to have been tampered with...but can't rule out it was stolen. But looking at the area, it appears the whole thing just fell off. I did file a police report just in case the plate pops up somewhere, but its just nuts! Ordered a new plate holder from Jaguar and this being such an isolated incident, no use trying to get them to cover it under warranty. Did talk to the service manager and asked him if he had ever heard of any similar incidents and he could only think of one with a RR Sport owner having the same thing happen.

Just keep an eye on it and make sure you check it every once in a while. Hopefully it won't happen again when I install the new holder.
Did you check here on the forum about that very issue? For some reason I remember hearing something about that and a Topix.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Did you check here on the forum about that very issue? For some reason I remember hearing something about that and a Topix.
Wasn't that related to a car wash? I am too old to remember these things.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hadn't heard of it and didn't search but thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue. Car wash manager was kind enough to re-apply two sided tape to the bottom, which had clearly been done previously.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts