Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up for anyone I replaced the differential @ 72k miles on a 2017 2.0d. Started making noise and continued to get worse....sounded like noisy oversized tires on a pickup truck. $3k for parts and $1k labor in case its useful. The fluid change interval is 100k but I'll be doing every 50k moving forward. Hoping this is just a early model year issue and nobody else has to replace theirs that early!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I‘d press Jaguar to see if they would split it with you since you’re not even supposed to open it up to 100 K. Very rare that differentials go bad that I know of….

·
Registered
3 Posts
The local dealer has a "recommended drivetrain service" at 60,000 miles. It includes fluid changes for the front and rear differential and transfer case. Bought our 2017 model with 42,000 miles and changed all the drivetrain fluids shortly after purchase. Sent all the fluids in for analysis. All were somewhat dirty and the Xfer case and rear diff had the highest levels of wear metals in them. This lifetime/high mileage change recommendations are not something anyone should follow. It's a few quarts of fluids and some labor.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Differentials are a known issue with JLR. I asked for a fluid change on the F Type just prior to going out of warranty and they discovered a pinion seal leak which got me a new seal and fluid under warranty. I plan to do the same with our F Pace.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just a heads up for anyone I replaced the differential @ 72k miles on a 2017 2.0d. Started making noise and continued to get worse....sounded like noisy oversized tires on a pickup truck. $3k for parts and $1k labor in case its useful. The fluid change interval is 100k but I'll be doing every 50k moving forward. Hoping this is just a early model year issue and nobody else has to replace theirs that early!
I have a 2017 with $63,000 km's and I baby that car. Same thing with the sounds and rear differential for $4K and front bearings for $1,245 per side. There is no way a car of this calibre should be having these problems. Of course, no warranty. Thinking of just leaving it at the dealership and selling it back to them for $40K. Very disappointed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had mine in today. 2017 with 63k km's ... same sounds, same cost to replace. Last year it was the drive shaft. Something wrong with the 2017 F-pace for sure. This is a Jaguar for goodness sake. Should not be happening. Warranty expired 6 weeks ago (apparently).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts