Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
New to the Forum and thanks in advance of any help.

I am being told by my dealer that the rear centre head rest is not adjustable vertically, despite it having the same release button on the spindle collar the other two have. Evidently 'it's a safety feature to stop the headrest blocking the view from the rear view mirror'.

Could I please ask if all your vehicles are the same? In the down position (where it is stuck) it makes the seat even more uncomfortable to use, particularly when taxi-ing around my teenage son and his mates, with the headrest effectively stuck in between the shoulders. I struggle to comprehend that it can't be raised and would welcome other's advice/findings.

And whilst on the subject of dealers, is it just mine whose customer service is crap? First time Jag owner and to date they have been awful in getting things sorted. Can't even talk direct to the service department, you have to go though several hoops via a call centre. Really disappointing.

Many thanks
Colin

Ps 2016 Portfolio 25d

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
463 Posts
I just checked mine. (No one has ever sat in the back, in my three years since original ownership.)

Seems the rear headrests are not height-adjustable. I have mine tilted forward so as not to obstruct the field of vision in the mirror. But they will pivot back and up, and then they seem high enough for anyone. Could yours possibly be currently tilted forward? That would certainly affect the passenger's comfort! If so, press the adjust button to enable you to tilt the headrest vertical.
This applies to the two outer headrests. The center one seems to be non-adjustable - low but not jutting forward and not uncomfortable.

Hope you can find a better dealership; all here seem to be fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts