Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone with access to the service manual be so kind to post the instructions on how to remove the rear bumper? I want to install an aftermarket hitch receiver and I already double checked bumper removal is necessary. It's usually a bunch of clips and bolts but I don't want to break anything. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bumping my own thread with the hopes someone might have a step by step. I have don't this in other vehicles but don't want to break anything :). Any advise is very welcome...

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Your profile image really doesn't encourage one to respond.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
. . then I will bump this one, as I would like this info as well, having a bit of a damaged rear bumper. Hope my profile pic does not offend :)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
And I will bump it just because I love the Walking Dead..>:)

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Bumping my own thread with the hopes someone might have a step by step. I have don't this in other vehicles but don't want to break anything :). Any advise is very welcome...
If you know any service tech at your dealer, they maybe able to text you a couple of the pages in their manuals..Mine does it for me all the time...if there is a procedure that is..that's the thing.:confused:

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Hey DR , theRAMSTA recently posted a pic of his whole front end section removed , all in one piece !
Maybe he could offer some assistance !

P.S. I told you along time ago , your avatar *Scared The Crap Out Of Me* , and you did nothing ! :eek:
Even still , I offer this post to help you out ! 0:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I used those instruction when I installed my Curt hitch. Just be aware that some of my bolt sizes didnt match the ones listed in the instructions. Bring a full set of sockets. You will need a stubby screw driver and possible a flex joint on your socket kit for some of the wheel well screws/bolts.

I did it by myself and I had a real tough time reinstalling the bumper cover and getting it aligned properly. An extra set of hands would have been very helpful.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. That's exactly the hitch I'm planning to purchase for my bike rack. I have plenty of tools so I should be fine. I changed my icon by popular demand. LOL.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I don't know about your Icon, but your AVATAR is fine the way it is,,>:)

Reactions: GRVR
1 - 11 of 11 Posts