Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been hearing this rattling sound coming from above my left ear whenever I go over bumps/bumpy roads. For the life of me, I can't seem to isolate where the sound is coming from. I've pressed against the door panel, the pillars, and even on the seatbelt assembly but I cannot get it to stop. For the record, I have brought my car into the dealer for a different rattle coming from the driver's side door panel (which was fixed when they changed out the speaker). I was wondering if anyone else has this issue and was able to get it fixed? I brought my car in 4 times already for rattling issues to no avail so I would appreciate any input/advice. Thanks!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Could be from the panoramic roof - believe there is a campaign (as my SA calls them) for that. My Jag is in the shop now for a few of the campaigns, first scheduled service and a seat belt issue that has been elevated to Jaguar.

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
I've been hearing this rattling sound coming from above my left ear whenever I go over bumps/bumpy roads. For the life of me, I can't seem to isolate where the sound is coming from. I've pressed against the door panel, the pillars, and even on the seatbelt assembly but I cannot get it to stop. For the record, I have brought my car into the dealer for a different rattle coming from the driver's side door panel (which was fixed when they changed out the speaker). I was wondering if anyone else has this issue and was able to get it fixed? I brought my car in 4 times already for rattling issues to no avail so I would appreciate any input/advice. Thanks!
Doesn't sound like this is it but will throw it out there. I had a subtle rattle coming from the plastic panel that sits on underside of the top of the dash, basically the "roof" of the instrument cluster area. Could eliminate it by pinching that panel against the top of dash. Was rectified easily with some tape by dealer. During that process due to mistaken communication they also took apart and reseated the entire lower steeering column covering which is also a known rattle location.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Rattling at passenger side

I've been hearing this rattling sound coming from above my left ear whenever I go over bumps/bumpy roads.

I'm a little confused..Are you in a right hand drive Car?....:confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could be from the panoramic roof - believe there is a campaign (as my SA calls them) for that. My Jag is in the shop now for a few of the campaigns, first scheduled service and a seat belt issue that has been elevated to Jaguar.
Thanks I'll try to focus my hearing towards this area!

Doesn't sound like this is it but will throw it out there. I had a subtle rattle coming from the plastic panel that sits on underside of the top of the dash, basically the "roof" of the instrument cluster area. Could eliminate it by pinching that panel against the top of dash. Was rectified easily with some tape by dealer. During that process due to mistaken communication they also took apart and reseated the entire lower steeering column covering which is also a known rattle location.
Thanks for the tip. I actually do have some rattling coming from this area as well, but it happens infrequently so I didn't bother me before. But I might have them look into this as well the next time I bring my car in.

I'm a little confused..Are you in a right hand drive Car?....:confused:
Nope, left hand drive :laugh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts