Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are other threads on the subject..but I couldn't find them..

But I complained a while back about a particular clicking or clinking sound I would hear near or in my Passenger side door..It happened every time I took off from a stop or stopped and pumped the brakes while coming to a stop....Like a thing was dangling on a string and clinked back and forth inside the door..

Well it wasn't in the door at all..(thank the car gods)..It was a 2"long, 10mm bolt that was rolling around under the glove box in the tray just under it..I found it by accident when I was looking as to how to get to the Cabin filter...I don't think it is missing from anywhere, as it was never inserted...still brand new..I think some lazy azz Brit on the assembly line, dropped it and said f--k it, and used another bolt....Or it was planted there by them to drive us Yanks crazy..:mad:

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Hey DPK , I always knew YOU had a *SCREW* loose !!! >:)

BTW , the *ROBOTS* on the Assembly Line , are going to be quite offended , that you referred to them as
*Lazy Azz Brits* !!! ;)

Reactions: JK8112 and myjaguar

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey DPK , I always knew YOU had a *SCREW* loose !!! >:)

BTW , the *ROBOTS* on the Assembly Line , are going to be offended , that you referred to them as
*Lazy Azz Brits* !!! ;)
Robots do the spot welding.....these bolts are inserted by human lazy azz Brit hands..maybe with a specialized tool...:mad:

Reactions: myjaguar

·
Registered
592 Posts
Maybe it is a spare that the thoughtful lazy ass Brit included since he knew another one was going to fall out someday ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts