Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On very rough roads I have a slight rattle coming from the panel on underside of upper dashboard above the instrument cluster. I know a few others have as well. According to service department they raised this with Jaguar who said, hold off on a fix, it's a known issue and they are working on a formal fix. I'm sure it's going to be "stick in felt sticky tape" but thought I'd report here for those who might have same issue. Before anyone goes off screaming about terrible it is for Jaguar to have a rattle know that in my case this is a very very slight rattle and only on rough roads. Holding the piece against the dash stops it so I'm 100% certain of source.

Reactions: Roadsterguy

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
On very rough roads I have a slight rattle coming from the panel on underside of upper dashboard above the instrument cluster. I know a few others have as well. According to service department they raised this with Jaguar who said, hold off on a fix, it's a known issue and they are working on a formal fix. I'm sure it's going to be "stick in felt sticky tape" but thought I'd report here for those who might have same issue. Before anyone goes off screaming about terrible it is for Jaguar to have a rattle know that in my case this is a very very slight rattle and only on rough roads. Holding the piece against the dash stops it so I'm 100% certain of source.
Hehe, I'm sure you're right about what they'll say the "official" fix is...and that's exactly what my dealer did. Gone! Eh, mostly. There may be some other rattle up there from time to time. Non-perfectly paved roads really bring them out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What model do you have?

When we test drove a premium, it has manual steering wheel adjustment, and it was creaking with only 30 miles on it. That was one of the reasons we decided to change from a loaded premium to the prestige (prestige models and above have electronic steering wheel adjustment) with fewer options to stay within our budget.

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What model do you have?

When we test drove a premium, it has manual steering wheel adjustment, and it was creaking with only 30 miles on it. That was one of the reasons we decided to change from a loaded premium to the prestige (prestige models and above have electronic steering wheel adjustment) with fewer options to stay within our budget.
I have an S. There is a known creak in steering column that, at last check, Jaguar was still trying to determine source and a fix procedure. I don't have this problem though.

Reactions: mailman20147

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have the same problem.....annoying, this is what happens when hard plastics are used. Had they spent a few extra $$ and made that area of soft plastics and movements would not have been heard. Maybe their fix is to remove the entire section of hard plastic and replace with a soft plastic, only we can hope. Otherwise it will probably be a piece of felt tape in between the top of the section and the cover of the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I told the dealership on Friday to just give me my car back since the sound wasn't quite a loud as it was previously. I think this is also affected by ambient temp and from the experience with my car it seems to be louder the hotter the car gets. I also think it might be coming from an area that is not heavily impacted by the air conditioner when it is running. So as long as it it hot outside over a longer stretch the louder this gets, but that is what I've experienced so far. Hopefully Jaguar will come up with a fix before my isolators come in and I can get them both done during one more visit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a similar issue with my 2015 Ftype... I found a forceful hit on the dash every once and awhile worked lol. It eventfully went away, the plastics just require a bit of wear to dampen the sound.

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a similar issue with my 2015 Ftype... I found a forceful hit on the dash every once and awhile worked lol. It eventfully went away, the plastics just require a bit of wear to dampen the sound.
Ha! I've tried the same to get my SIM working consistently to no avail.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a noticeable rattle in my dash ..I thought.. Then I remembered that I adjusted the steering column and did not secure/latch back. After 2 days of driving and going crazy from the sound,I fixed it .

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Interesting this topic popped up again. My rattle is fixed. Dealer took plastic panel off underside of top of dash, put in foam tape and reassembled. Finished.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Interesting this topic popped up again. My rattle is fixed. Dealer took plastic panel off underside of top of dash, put in foam tape and reassembled. Finished.
Mine buzzes like crazy over rough roads. . I need to get this done on the next service. Was there an actual Topix on this or did they just do it after they heard the buzz.

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine buzzes like crazy over rough roads. . I need to get this done on the next service. Was there an actual Topix on this or did they just do it after they heard the buzz.
That's what mine was doing. No Topix. This was the third try. We had some miscommunication and previously they took apart whole steering column and put in foam, which was a Topix noise item. I marked the panel this time with blue tape so there was no confusion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
rattle, rattle, rattle
finaly took my FE to the delaer, two issues door panel rattles and bass distortion with the meridian subwoofer at mid level, rattle coming from upfront which is abolished by pushing down on the hard plastic housing the HUD. Dealer called back and said Jaguar suggested not to play music with too much bass or treble too loud.I am stomped, why install a premium meridian system in an 80k dollar car when you can not pump up the volume past 10.I was also told there was no fix for the rattle coming from the hard plastic HUD assembly.So I guess I should not drive my car over any roads with any imperfections.
Love the car to death but this car rattles way much than a 10k dollar used Chevy

Hopefully this will not be my first and last jaguar

I even showed the technician the post form this forum suggesting the use of foam tape to remedy the rattle, he tells me since there is no official word form Jguar, that would void my warranty and they will have to charge me for doing the work

Jezz, so what gives

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Strange the differing responses from dealers. I think they may be BS'ing you. Try contacting Jaguar directly and see if you get same response.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts