Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving a whopping 3 days now, I've noticed the car will occasionally lower the stereo sound and make 2 short audible beeps at seemingly random times while driving. It's not the forward assist, side assist, fast approaching vehicle, or lane change notification. My phone is paired, but I don't think it's any notification on there. any ideas what else it could be? It seems to only happen while driving (not at a stop light or parked), but I haven't noticed anything common to each occurrence. It's happened about 8-10 times

·
Registered
24 Posts
First thoughts, a door not closed all the way or seat belt not fastened...

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Its possible the car cannot detect the smart key anymore. Usually all cars with the smart key will give an audible sound when they think someone has gotten out of the car with the key and has left it running. Its possible this is whats happening but then it detects the key soon after and thats it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
After driving a whopping 3 days now, I've noticed the car will occasionally lower the stereo sound and make 2 short audible beeps at seemingly random times while driving. It's not the forward assist, side assist, fast approaching vehicle, or lane change notification. My phone is paired, but I don't think it's any notification on there. any ideas what else it could be? It seems to only happen while driving (not at a stop light or parked), but I haven't noticed anything common to each occurrence. It's happened about 8-10 times
Most likely speed camera in front.
Check if it happen always on certain specific location

·
Registered
18 Posts
My guess would be a text message notification, but I would think you would get an associated display.

·
Registered
536 Posts
My guess would be a text message notification, but I would think you would get an associated display.
Yes, I would agree some type of notification. Not all our displayed as it happens to me when our alarm for our house is set or turned off. My phone gets the notification and it reduces the sound and beeps.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Had the same. Nav detecting speed cameras was the source.
Didn't you do a thread a while back about this RoonieQ ? And you confirmed that sure enough it was happening every time you passed a "speed camera" at the same spot ! This ones Old News ! ;)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
interesting, thanks! It happened a couple times today too. I don't know of any speed cameras in the stretch of arlington/alexandria I was driving through. maybe red light cameras? is it getting that info via the online maps?
definitely not smart phone notifications, I was able to glance down for one of the double beeps and no notifications. Seat belt is always on, doors were closed. The key is brand new and was sitting in the tiny space in front of the shifter, but possible. I'll try making a loop around next time and see if it does it in the same spot.

·
Registered
390 Posts
interesting, thanks! It happened a couple times today too. I don't know of any speed cameras in the stretch of arlington/alexandria I was driving through. maybe red light cameras? is it getting that info via the online maps?
definitely not smart phone notifications, I was able to glance down for one of the double beeps and no notifications. Seat belt is always on, doors were closed. The key is brand new and was sitting in the tiny space in front of the shifter, but possible. I'll try making a loop around next time and see if it does it in the same spot.
Engage the Nav, have it up and then do the same route. You'll get the notice on the right side of the split screen. And you're right. Mine were red-light camera warnings not speed cameras.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that's exactly what I did, and instead of just an audible beep I got the same audible plus a "safety camera" visual warning message. Mystery solved, thanks! just wish there was a visual indicator when not navigating (99% of the time for me)

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Is this cop car based radar or fixed speed monitoring cameras? Will it really detect this dependably?

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Is this cop car based radar or fixed speed monitoring cameras? Will it really detect this dependably?
I think RoonieQ and Nixmo are stating that their *warning buzzers* were for a *Traffic Light Camera* , not a Speed Camera or Radar !

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I think RoonieQ and Nixmo are stating that their *warning buzzers* were for a *Traffic Light Camera* , not a Speed Camera or Radar !

I might not be to bright, but is that the camera that detects traffic at a stop light and then prompts it to change? Why would it detect that? and is this a good function or a potential malfunction?

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I might not be to bright, but is that the camera that detects traffic at a stop light and then prompts it to change? Why would it detect that? and is this a good function or a potential malfunction?
Hey stbentoak !
Look at it this way , YOU bought an *F-Pace* , co you must be at least somewhat *BRIGHT* !!! ;)

Actually , the *Traffic Light Camera* I believe they are speaking of , DETECTS and photographs when someone actually RUNS a RED LIGHT !
And then the State will send you a nice letter in the mail , that says you owe them some money !!! >:)

Reactions: stbentoak

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
it looks like it warns you when you're approaching red light (aka "safety") cameras, as well as some speed cameras. only ones in fixed locations. it's not a radar detector, and I'm still not quite certain where it gets the information, maybe something like waze, but not updated real-time?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I think it is something that gets identified with the map updates. I can't imagine it is in real time

1 - 18 of 18 Posts