Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it seems like I might have run into my first issues with my F-Pace after 3+ weeks of not a single issue. I landed and drove from the Airport to my house, about 30min. Everything was fine, temp gage was right in the middle and I had no warning lights. After parking in the garage I went back out to get my bag out of the car and the smell of radiator fluid filled the garage.

After careful examination, I could see a big puddle of coolant on the floor and after opening the hood, I could hear and see that the coolant was overflowing out of the cap where you fill the coolant. I will call the Jag dealership in the morning and see what they want to do but I was curious if anyone else here had this experience.

It is a first for me...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found a post with the same issue and the driver had to have the coolant tank replaced. I was unable to delete this so mods can you please either close or delete?

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
There is a Topix item for coolant cap fit problems, they'll replace the tank and cap unless it's just a loose cap.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Well it seems like I might have run into my first issues with my F-Pace after 3+ weeks of not a single issue. I landed and drove from the Airport to my house, about 30min. Everything was fine, temp gage was right in the middle and I had no warning lights. After parking in the garage I went back out to get my bag out of the car and the smell of radiator fluid filled the garage.

After careful examination, I could see a big puddle of coolant on the floor and after opening the hood, I could hear and see that the coolant was overflowing out of the cap where you fill the coolant. I will call the Jag dealership in the morning and see what they want to do but I was curious if anyone else here had this experience.

It is a first for me...
There are known topix issues concerning the coolant tank. You may have run into some of them.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick question. Do you guys think I should have it towed to the dealership or fill up the tank with cool and and drive it over.

The dealer is across town

·
Registered
536 Posts
Quick question. Do you guys think I should have it towed to the dealership or fill up the tank with cool and and drive it over.

Is it possible they just overfilled your coolant system before delivery? Is this the first long drive you have taken? It may have just heated up more than it has in the past and when you parked the water heated even more and overflowed. I think the system is set up that way.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Is it possible they just overfilled your coolant system before delivery? Is this the first long drive you have taken? It may have just heated up more than it has in the past and when you parked the water heated even more and overflowed. I think the system is set up that way.
4600 mi. It is defiantly the issue with the tank in the other thread.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts

Ask the dealer or hit the Jaguar assistance button in car and see what they say. You want them to arrange flatbed if needed and it's a good chance to test their response.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Ask the dealer or hit the Jaguar assistance button in car and see what they say. You want them to arrange flatbed if needed and it's a good chance to test their response.
Great idea, I agree, hit the assistance button from inside the FP, you should not have to do anything else. I also would like to know the response time and level of service, being in the same geo. Also, what was your build date?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great idea, I agree, hit the assistance button from inside the FP, you should not have to do anything else. I also would like to know the response time and level of service, being in the same geo. Also, what was your build date?

Do I did just this. I hit the assistance button on the Big Cat, someone came on in about 15 seconds or less. The first question out of their mouth was if I was ok and in a safe place. Once I answered yes then they went though and asked me some basic information about myself and location. After about 5 min on the "phone" with them they told me that a flat bed truck was being dispatched and would be at my location within 90 minutes (45 min ago).

I then called my dealer and spoke with my SA. Told him the problem, he said he knew about the issue and would have someone get on it as soon as the Cat makes it to the dealership.

I have to say, while it sucks that something like this happens on a new vehicle, so far the response has been just fantastic!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts