1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Greetings from sunny Singapore.

Am new to this Forum.

Will be collecting my Glaxier White R Sport next week. Decided to paint the 19" grey Bionic rim, roof top, spoiler and wing mirror Black to go with sun roof and the black pack.:)

Seriously am not sure if this look funny though I can always respray back to original.

Shall post some closeup pics when I collect my Fpace next work.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS on your Sweet New Ride !!! I will withhold judgement on the rest of the customizations , until I see some more pics !!! That being said , the WHEELS look GREAT !!!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS on your Sweet New Ride !!! I will withhold judgement on the rest of the customizations , until I see some more pics !!! That being said , the WHEELS look GREAT !!!
I think the wheels need black lugs, since everything else is either black or white, no silver .
Welcome Fireplace, and enjoy your new ride.

Reactions: Trek

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I think the wheels need black lugs, since everything else is either black or white, no silver .
Welcome Fireplace, and enjoy your new ride.
AGREED ! Yours look GREAT MTHM ! Very Good Assessment ! :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome! Am from SG too :)
Congrats on the ride...am waiting on mine to be cleared by LTA cos of some options I added :(...wait us killing me!!
Your car hood is partially open in the pic right? Alignment can't be that way off ...
Enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Welcome! Am from SG too :)
Congrats on the ride...am waiting on mine to be cleared by LTA cos of some options I added :(...wait us killing me!!
Your car hood is partially open in the pic right? Alignment can't be that way off ...
Enjoy!!
I can imagine what this car must cost in Singapore. Outrageous, I'm sure. People who work for me there tell me the reason cars are so expensive is because the government doesn't want Singapore to become packed with cars. They want to keep the number of cars on the road down so they fix it so the price is absurd. One young lady who has since moved on to another firm begged me for a promotion and raise so she could afford a tiny little puddle jumper of a car. A year later when I was again in Singapore, she and her husband picked me up at my hotel in that same car. Man, it was new but small and cramped, and it cost a ridiculous amount of money compared to the US. At the same time, I was paying her enough money that she could afford a full-time maid-nanny. I've never had a maid or nanny. Something about that picture felt twisted.

If you can afford an F-Pace in Singapore, you must be doing very well.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Hi

Am new to this Forum.

Will be collecting my Glaxier White R Sport next week. Decided to paint the 19" grey Bionic rim, roof top, spoiler and wing mirror Black to go with sun roof and the black pack.:)

Seriously am not sure if this look funny though I can always respray back to original.

I really love the look of your F-pace, the extra black components really compliment your car really well. I love the roof spoiler in Black. I probably would have gotten a white F-pace if I didn't live near Philadelphia. (too much bad weather). Anyway, definitely keep the black, it looks great

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've ripped on a few of the other "enhancements" that people have made, but yours look very good! I actually thought it was the "before" picture, which to me says your changes blend well with the car. F-Pace looks spectacular in white, particularly with black wheels and accents. Nice job!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Hi

Am new to this Forum.

I'm going to honest with you, dude. I'm not feeling the black wing. It's too much West Coast modified Honda Civic for me.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I'm going to honest with you, dude. I'm not feeling the black wing. It's too much West Coast modified Honda Civic for me.
Really? I think on this particular car it blends fantastically. It almost looks like its an extension of the rear trunk glass. Now if it was some crazy rear spoiler like Mercedes does on the GLA AMG then I would totally agree, but I actually thing it blends beautifully and really accentuates the roof line.

I attached a few pics of the GLA to show you what I am referring to... terrible. I have no idea who would want this on an SUV/CUV. Now that to me is very import "lets see who can have the biggest spoiler" type car. Looks like the spoiler that belongs on a Camaro or F-type.

Reactions: Redjag

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi All
Thanks for all the valuable comments!
Shall post more pics next week and decide if I should revert the color.

Hi klho001,
The hood was left opened for tinted film on headlamps.
And yes you were right, my car was held with LTA inspection for the last 2 months due to the fact that mine ride apparently is the first here with ICTP

·
Registered
96 Posts
I can imagine what this car must cost in Singapore. Outrageous, I'm sure. People who work for me there tell me the reason cars are so expensive is because the government doesn't want Singapore to become packed with cars. They want to keep the number of cars on the road down so they fix it so the price is absurd. One young lady who has since moved on to another firm begged me for a promotion and raise so she could afford a tiny little puddle jumper of a car. A year later when I was again in Singapore, she and her husband picked me up at my hotel in that same car. Man, it was new but small and cramped, and it cost a ridiculous amount of money compared to the US. At the same time, I was paying her enough money that she could afford a full-time maid-nanny. I've never had a maid or nanny. Something about that picture felt twisted.

If you can afford an F-Pace in Singapore, you must be doing very well.
It's not twisted if you understand the history and motivations policy making in this tiny island nation. 2 separate "issues" really-- one addresses a need when SG industrialised in the 1960s, and the other recognises that a economy whose GDP is powered by trade, high tech manufacturing and wealth management would be crippled by Bangkok style traffic jams.
But much can and has been debated on the EXECUTION of the policies but that belongs in other forums :)
P.s. Am a US PR and SG citizen so I can appreciate both sides

·
Registered
278 Posts
I am with Trek here on the wing in black. Takes away some of the class to me.

Reactions: Trek

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi All
Thanks for all the valuable comments!
Shall post more pics next week and decide if I should revert the color.

Hi klho001,
The hood was left opened for tinted film on headlamps.
And yes you were right, my car was held with LTA inspection for the last 2 months due to the fact that mine ride apparently is the first here with ICTP
Thanks for paving the way for ICTP :D..mines here with ICTP and LED lights so I'm not escaping the LTA portion ;)...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
klho001,
So which particular options is you ride subjected to LTA approval?
They too stringent and I heard the Fpace HUD is not approved in SG. Also I don't think we can use the jaguar remote app here. SG is not even listed in the countries to register

·
Registered
96 Posts
klho001,
So which particular options is you ride subjected to LTA approval?
They too stringent and I heard the Fpace HUD is not approved in SG. Also I don't think we can use the jaguar remote app here. SG is not even listed in the countries to register
ICTP+LED headlights. Yeah Jag's HUD not approved here, they claim it interferes with our ERP system, but BMW's is approved. Go figure.
By the way sent you PM

·
Registered
114 Posts
Did you get the Black Pack? The reason I'm asking is when I choose this option on Jag's website, the black strip on the bottom of the doors turns white. I hope its just a flaw in the program. Thanks.....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Oops.....just reread your thread. Just to confirm though, the black portion on the doors came black? Thanks again.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts