Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my quicksilver exhaust was installed, both tips were centered right in the middle. As time went on, the left tip shifted to one side, as you can see in the pictures below.

I've taken it to repair shops before and they manage to center it the short term but it always shift back during driving. How can I fix this permanently? I'm not sure which part is responsible for 'centering' the exhaust tip but they said they've tightened it as far as it will go already.

Left Tip (Shifted to one side):
Right Tip (Centered perfectly):

Attachments

·
Registered
1967 Massey Ferguson 165
137 Posts
"I've taken it to repair shops before and they manage to center it the short term but it always shift back during driving. How can I fix this permanently"?

They look okay to me, but if it really bothers you then either stop driving or find a different installer.

·
Registered
1967 Massey Ferguson 165
137 Posts
Seriously, it sometimes takes two people to get the tips straight. One person using a broom handle to centre the tip and the other person tightening the clamp.
Another option is to cut a narrow notch in the pipe, bend it slightly to centre the tip and then reseal the pipe.

Stu

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread, but...

Can we hear some sound clips of the QuickSilver exhaust? How do you like it? Also, does it look better from that back now that the big mufflers are gone?

·
Registered
2017 F-Pace S
6 Posts
I had my F-Pace in at the dealer for some warranty work shortly after I bolted on my Quicksilver. (warranty work unrelated to exhaust). They sure liked the sound of the Cat! I commented about the tips being a little off and he told me they could take care of it, and they did perfectly. I asked what he did and he mentioned that the mounts are usually "close" but need a little bending to get just right. I don't know what they bent in what direction to get them centered up, but that is the best hint I can give on how to center them. Interestingly, your tips were the EXACT same position as mine, so perhaps the quicksilver assembly jig for the mounts are a touch out of whack, which is what they adjusted.

Hope that helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts