Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quicksilver Exhaust

. , HERE IS THE LINK SO YOU CAN THE VIDEO, REALLY LOVE TH SOUND OF THIS EXHAUST .

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
https://youtu.be/U0DQ6LlWVMw. , HERE IS THE LINK SO YOU CAN THE VIDEO, REALLY LOVE TH SOUND OF THIS EXHAUST .
We've been there and done. The Quicksilver was introduced a few months ago in another thread and some people on this forum already have it installed. It sounds great. A deeper, more resonant sound that the OEM, but I'll stick with the factory standard for now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just got the kitty back from getting new Quicksilver exhaust system installed. You should hear the difference! Loud deep growling resonance. Now maybe my next door doctor with his big pipe Beamer will shut the **** up!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just got the kitty back from getting new Quicksilver exhaust system installed. You should hear the difference! Loud deep growling resonance. Now maybe my next door doctor with his big pipe Beamer will shut the **** up!!
Congrats dude! Would you mind sharing the cost (pipes and installation) and some pictures or videos? I am considering getting them, yet my daily commute routes are mostly 25mph and low rev only, I am worried if the rumble will be annoying to the driver and pedestrians.... Thank you.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I'm a fan as well. Enjoy the Quicksilver!

Normanye1, do a search, lots of information and pics of Quicksilver installs in a few other threads. I have a bunch of pics out there from my install.

Some have complained of a drone on the highway from 1600 to about 1800 RPM. From my perspective, I do not really hear anything there. My Quicksilver has about 2000 miles on it now, and I hardly hear it while cruising between 65mph and 80mph unless you jump on it. Then it is very audible, but in a good way, the way an exhaust should be audible.

The Quicksilver is similar to the stock exhaust in my opinion when it comes to noise other than it's a few decibels louder, but the tone is much deeper and less "tinny", which is what I didn't like about the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine is on the way I should have it next week I hope. Do you get the crackle like the F Type ?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Yes you get the crackle with this exhaust just as good as stock if not a little louder.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have a bunch of pics out there from my install.
I looked at every post you made and I can't find those install pictures. from what I hear its simple but can you please direct me to that post before I make the purchase.

thanks

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
VelocityAP Touring Exhaust sounds just as good or not better for less $$ and has very little to no drone...

·
Registered
207 Posts
VelocityAP Touring Exhaust sounds just as good or not better for less $$ and has very little to no drone...
Wait a min no it's not!! Velocity AP shipped is $1,475.00 and Quicksilver shipped is $1269. Im not sure about the drone but didn't hear that before until now. did you compare the two systems your self or are you going by what other people have said?

Reactions: danke

·
Registered
207 Posts
Wait a min no it's not!! Velocity AP shipped is $1,475.00 and Quicksilver shipped is $1269. Im not sure about the drone but didn't hear that before until now. did you compare the two systems your self or are you going by what other people have said?
Also, i understand that sound level is primarily determined by the amount of perforated tube in the pipes running through the silencer. I was reading somewhere that Quicksilver on the Sport is 6" and compare directly to the Velocity Touring since they are both 6" . the velocity Sport version 4.5" btw

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so you said the touring system sound the same as the quicksilver? if that the case I should drop my order for the touring system because why I'm buying something that sound the same.

·
Registered
207 Posts
so you said the touring system sound the same as the quicksilver? if that the case I should drop my order for the touring system because why I'm buying something that sound the same.
Why did you order velocity AP since you already have the quicksilver? and is it true the quicksilver drones in the highway?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Well it's official. I just ordered a Quicksliver Exahust form the UK site. The queen have one, would it must be good lol JK

·
Registered
1,540 Posts

I know you and the queen have something in common now...enjoy..;)

Have you checked with VelocityAp’s prices lately??..I got mine shipped for $1,021.00…As far as the drone..I know mine is not enough to speak of..you can tell it’s there, but hardly noticeable at cruising speeds..QS I can only go by what I’ve read here from people that has it and from the sounds of it, QS are quite droney….now back off..

·
Registered
207 Posts

I know you and the queen have something in common now...enjoy..

Have you checked with VelocityAp?s prices lately??..I got mine shipped for $1,021.00?As far as the drone..I know mine is not enough to speak of..you can tell it?s there, but hardly noticeable at cruising speeds..QS I can only go by what I?ve read here from people that has it and from the sounds of it, QS are quite droney?.now back off..
No I didn't check on insider pricing. This is all your fault. You made me do it lol. I just paid $990 shipped after I used discount code.

In all seriousness, what's done is done! I'm not going to beat myself about it and I'm sure that I will love it. I personally know other people QS systems and they all seems to be happy it. BUT none of the folks I know have it on an F-Pace. The closest is with a mate on his F-Type and he said that drone is not an issue at all. He gets all emotional and **** when talksabout it lol. I think the dude loves his F-Type more than he loves his girlfriend.

I will be sure to make a full video review when I get it installed next month. Till then let's keep dreaming :)

Reactions: DPK

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Why did you order velocity AP since you already have the quicksilver? and is it true the quicksilver drones in the highway?
because I thought the touring exhaust will be quite than the QS but it seems that is almost the same so I'm gonna cancel my order because don't want to get the same stuff.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I looked at every post you made and I can't find those install pictures. from what I hear its simple but can you please direct me to that post before I make the purchase.

thanks
Stocksam, it seems the post pictures are gone on the site, and I no longer have them, sorry about that. The install is very simple other than getting the old exhaust off the hangers. due to the bulb the old exhaust has you need to wrestle it off the hangers with some force. I used some oil on the hangers to make it easier.

when I changed my exhaust i think I only had around 3 to 4 k miles. So there was no issue loosening the bolts on the old exhaust and then once pulling the exhaust of the hangers sliding it out. Each side is cone separately.

Also, in my install posts I talked about adjusting the Quicksilver for positioning via rotation so the right side and left side will match in where the sit in the rear valance opening and how far they stick out beyond the end of the valance. It's a simple matter of rotation and sliding the quicksilver further towards the engine or the bumper to get the fit you want. It's easier to do that if you have someone to tighten the bolts or hold the exhaust in the right place while you tighten the bolts.

I would assume the VelocityAP Exhaust in both versions would need the same adjustments.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Whatever you guys get..My advice is to; NOT USE HORSESHOE "U"CLAMPS..Once you do, you'll be screwed, as they will crimp in and you won't be able to move or adjust the pipes position in the future..

Use only Band Clamps like the one I pictured below..Take a cutting wheel and or hack-saw and cut two 1" long slots in the pipe end before you slip it over the stock pipes, then clamp with band clamp...

I cut off the originals from mine (only one little spot weld) and reused them.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts