Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bch01

New member from Down Under (Sydney Oz) Ordered my R-Sport 30D - wont get it until late May. Cant wait that long!!
Any other members from Oz that have adaptive Cruise and Touch Pro on their cars that can answer a question or two?
With the Touch Pro option does the speed limit for the road you are currently on show up in the centre screen map. Also does it show on the screen in front of the driver or the heads up display?
With adaptive cruise control can cruise be turned on as normal cruise (not adaptive). Also when adjusting the speed setting, does it only go up/down in 2kph jumps? Or will it act like Touareg or X5 cruise and jump up/down to the next "0" speed (60 70 80 etc)
Rang JLR and guess what? they couldn't tell me!!! ;)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Not from Oz, but can give you a few answers. The speed limit shows up on the driver's display, just above the digital speedometer; it's a good placement to see both actual & limit together. Adaptive cruise control can be turned off, although I'm finding it useful. I haven't fully gotten out of the old habit of tapping the brakes to disable cruise control when I see traffic slowing down ahead, but it's pretty neat for the car to slow down and speed back up automatically. Also, you can adjust the sensitivity for more/less following distance. Meanwhile, up/down adjustments are in small increments - not jumping to the next "10." Personally, that's my preference but a matter to taste.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Don't turn off ACC. It works excellently. It may be my imagination, but visually, the increments appear to be car lengths. That's how I prefer to think of it. How many car lengths between you and the vehicle directly in front of you. Car lengths may not be correct, but the yellow bars you see when you hit the down arrow seem like car lengths.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I noticed that the amber follow mode info icon goes on and off, while the green cruise control light stays solid. Is this normal? What I'm thinking is the follow mode amber light means that the car is actually applying the desired following increment. Don't have enough cruise time to figure out the normal operation, and the manual says lit when in ACC and follow mode enabled, which to me means it should be on at all times when using the ACC. Mine is lit most of the time, but goes on and off multiple times in cruise.

·
F Pace Expert
2,607 Posts
I noticed that the amber follow mode info icon goes on and off, while the green cruise control light stays solid. Is this normal? What I'm thinking is the follow mode amber light means that the car is actually applying the desired following increment. Don't have enough cruise time to figure out the normal operation, and the manual says lit when in ACC and follow mode enabled, which to me means it should be on at all times when using the ACC. Mine is lit most of the time, but goes on and off multiple times in cruise.
I believe you are correct that it is indicating when it's actually doing its thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your response uncheel, and others.

Agree adaptive cruse is useful, in fact I think its brilliant, and in hindsight why would I want to turn it off? My Touareg cruise has the jump to the next "10" function as well as 1k adjustments. Many of our roads have constantly changing limits, mostly in 10k amounts, and being able to do the 10k adjustment in one click instead of 5 or 10 is great. Disappointing that the Cat won't have it, but its such an awesome vehicle (based on my test drive experience) I'll live with it.

Glad to hear the speed limit bit shows up as you said. Hope Oz cars do the same. Ours don't have the speed sign reading technology, and have to rely on it being part of the mapping data.

Back for another dose of my patience pills. May is so far away!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi. The the road sign reader is apparently not fitted to and can not be retrofitted Australian FPs which is annoying (as is the absence of internet connectivity) but the road speed limit does show up in the ICTPro nav screen but not the HUD.

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
Hey bch01 ! I don't believe you have to click the cruise control 5-10 times to change ! I think you can just accelerate from 60 to 70 and then just hit the SET button !

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
I am not a Big Fan of the ACC , because in my mind , Cruise Control is a way of maintaining your desired speed ! If the car in front of me slows down , I am going to want to go around it , and maintain my desired speed , without setting off the Cruise Control ! I don't want to slow down every time the car in front of me pushes on their brakes , and I am able to pass them without slowing down ! But then again , I always watch the roads ahead of the vehicles in front of me , so I usually get over before they even know they have to push on their brakes ! I am not a big fan of Brake Pushers , as I feel some people don't understand that your vehicle will slow down if you just take your foot off the accelerator ! And if you have to ever slam on your brakes , then you are too close to the vehicle in front of you , or you just weren't paying attention !
Which is why manufacturers have to come up with things like *ACC* , and *Lane Assist* , and *Forward Brake Alert* , etc. etc. !!! ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey bch01 ! I don't believe you have to click the cruise control 5-10 times to change ! I think you can just accelerate from 60 to 70 and then just hit the SET button !
Thanks for your thoughts.
Sure you can do that, but it is messy and inconvenient, compared with doing it instantly with 1 click. Even having to do 5 clicks is better than accelerating, or braking, and watching the speedo to get exactly the speed you want and then hitting set.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi. The the road sign reader is apparently not fitted to and can not be retrofitted Australian FPs which is annoying (as is the absence of internet connectivity) but the road speed limit does show up in the ICTPro nav screen but not the HUD.

Thanks for the info. Do you know if it shows up in the screen in front of the driver?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi there. The speed limit shows up on the dash display behind the steering wheel exactly as it displays on the centre display.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The speed limit shows up on the dash display behind the steering wheel exactly as it displays on the centre display.
It does?!?!?

I've been looking for ages and can't seem to find anywhere to enable this. I can see the map-based speed limit on the ICTP centre display when I have navigation up, but certainly not at all on the dash display. There doesn't seem to be a menu option to turn this on or off.

I had put this down to us Aussies not having the speed limit detection feature. I've seen it on some european demos. If you know how do turn it on and have it displayed all the time, please share :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
It does?!?!?

I've been looking for ages and can't seem to find anywhere to enable this. I can see the map-based speed limit on the ICTP centre display when I have navigation up, but certainly not at all on the dash display. There doesn't seem to be a menu option to turn this on or off.

I had put this down to us Aussies not having the speed limit detection feature. I've seen it on some european demos. If you know how do turn it on and have it displayed all the time, please share :)
I double checked this morning and the map based speed limit which shows on the centre ICTpro screen also shows on the map display (top centre) on the dash behind the wheel. I can not see any way of turning it on or off. Seems quirky that it shows on my vehicle but not yours. Not sure this helps you very much but good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I double checked this morning and the map based speed limit which shows on the centre ICTpro screen also shows on the map display (top centre) on the dash behind the wheel.
It does when I have the map display up. I thought from your comment that you also had it showing when on the 'regular' display, shown above/below the digital speedometer. This is what I believe the overseas models that have that use the speed limit detection system.

I would love to have the current speed limit showing all the time. I don't care that it's based on the static map data, and doesn't take into account variable (school zone etc.) limits. It just helps to sometimes know what the regular posted limit for the road is.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It does when I have the map display up. I thought from your comment that you also had it showing when on the 'regular' display, shown above/below the digital speedometer. This is what I believe the overseas models that have that use the speed limit detection system.

I would love to have the current speed limit showing all the time. I don't care that it's based on the static map data, and doesn't take into account variable (school zone etc.) limits. It just helps to sometimes know what the regular posted limit for the road is.
Sorry, we had crossed wires. Yes, agree it would be useful to have even static map data showing on the dash all the time. BTW I have found that the speed limit data in my FP is not all that reliable but hopefully will be rectified with a map update.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The speed limit sign shows up on the center console when you have it set to map mode. The speed limit sign also shows up on the center console if you have the driver assistance package.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts