Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys

i just noticed a few days ago that the car starts to knock inside in the back side. Its hard to localize. I took everything outside the car from the back. have anyone noticed this to. The knock noise is coming also when everything is outside the car. I took an audio. Will post the link to youtube later

wihile i took everything outside, i noticed that in the near of the battery some holes in the car are close with some alu-heat-protection tape. is this jaguar standard?
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Trunk

i have fpace svr 2021

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Mine is not SVR I have 2018 S but mine does not have tape nor does it have holes that would need tape. Also My battery is on the other side of that well nearer the rear seat

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I do have an SVR and it's a 21 model but I do not have any noise coming from the trunk area that I can hear. I have had some noises back there in the past on my 2019 and my 2017 F-Paces but the noise normally comes from the jack and tools insert that is in a styrofoam holder. Or it's from the spare which sometimes isn't tightened down enough. However, if you've taken everything out and still have the noise it's not those things. I'd have to take a look back there again on my 21 to see if I have the aluminum tape you mentioned.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello

thank you for the answers. Indeed the noise are only when the weather temperature is higher then 25 celsius and the car is longer in the sun. I took an audio file, but am not able to upload it to youtube to share here. I was showing it at my dealer and i will drive the next time to him when another hot day will be here. i am sure he will find something. In the meantime i think its coming from the roof. Here in this forum another thread exists about the same issue other members have to.

·
Registered
21 F-pace SVR
130 Posts
I had a rattle coming from what sounded like just under the center console armrest of my 21 SVR. Similarly it would only happen when it was running hot out and it drove me insane!

Thanks to a tip from @PA-FPace-F ( who seems to know a TON about these vehicles and is super helpful!), I slid my arms under (driver, then passenger side about directly under the center console running rearward on vehicle underside) and removed the seemingly unnecessary skid plate in the pic. There is a U bracket underneath the plate that it seems the piece should be bolted to but it’s not, enabling it to vibrate against the bracket, creating the rattle.

Removing it has completely silenced the rattle. And it was super easy to take off - just 4 bolts and 2 nuts and it dropped right down. If this sounds like ur issue perhaps look into this?
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a rattle coming from what sounded like just under the center console armrest of my 21 SVR. Similarly it would only happen when it was running hot out and it drove me insane!

Thanks to a tip from @PA-FPace-F ( who seems to know a TON about these vehicles and is super helpful!), I slid my arms under (driver, then passenger side about directly under the center console running rearward on vehicle underside) and removed the seemingly unnecessary skid plate in the pic. There is a U bracket underneath the plate that it seems the piece should be bolted to but it’s not, enabling it to vibrate against the bracket, creating the rattle.

Removing it has completely silenced the rattle. And it was super easy to take off - just 4 bolts and 2 nuts and it dropped right down. If this sounds like ur issue perhaps look into this? View attachment 74726
Thanks for this information. Will take a look on this. Is this a heatshield on the underside of the car? Maybe the heatshield underneeth the centercosole?

the noise on my car is more a knocking noise than a rattle but maybe this will help. Its not possible to locate it exactly when driving the car and it needs to be solved until the warranty is expired :)
i will try once again to convert my audiofile to a mov and uploaf it on youtube for sharing it.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
CZL1,

This is a good pick up from NJSVR on the noise you've been noticing. You had me thinking it's behind the back seats which was not the case with the rattle caused by this piece. It bangs against a metal cross plate that is in the vicinity of the hump between the back seats. The piece is quite flimsy and the air catches it a moves it around a bit. Tightening the bolts up doesn't help. If it had a screw or bolt into that metal cross piece it would probably quiet it. That was what I was going to do. However, I just pull it to see if it was where the noise was coming from and then I decided I couldn't find a reason why it was there and didn't put it back.

Reactions: NJSVR

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will try it out the next days. I am on vacation and stay at home. So probably, when it can be done without a car lift, i can check and try to put it off the car. I know some other noise problems from my previous cars with the heatshields under the car. Its always this thin material that can be fixed like it should.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, was today under the car and i think also that this will be the problem. I started to demount this piece. After one side was unscrewed, i decided to install some insulation foam on this bracket. Then i screwed it back to the original position.
then i found another issue whis was maybe also some knocking problem. on the passenger side in the back the plastic underbody was knocking on the suspension part. i just cutted some piece of the plastic away.
Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Bumper

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Flash photography Motor vehicle

the next week will be again very hot outside. so hopefully bo more knocking 😋

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Guys

I can confirm, that my knocking noise is definitevely not solved. I was yesterday at the dealership showing the issue. The dealer was schocked :)
A case should be now opened at jaguar.

He means, that it can be something with the sunroof installation. So when it is to hot, somewhe a screw is not thight anymore.

·
Registered
21 F-pace SVR
130 Posts
bummer @CZL1_Driver. I hope they sort it out for you. I can empathize with you as rattles, squeaks, etc. make me crazy! Please keep us posted as to what they find in the event a similar issue pops up for any of us.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts