Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For us folks in the US market, are the J Blade LED daytime running lights supposed to be on all the time? I have my headlights on auto and this morning after turning on the engine, I noticed my J Blades are still off. Is there a setting somewhere I am missing?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
For us folks in the US market, are the J Blade LED daytime running lights supposed to be on all the time? I have my headlights on auto and this morning after turning on the engine, I noticed my J Blades are still off. Is there a setting somewhere I am missing?
J-blades do not run while in Park or reverse, thats per my dealers description of how they run. I also had a slight worry one day when I had the car in park, got out to get mail and looked back at my beautiful F-pace and noticed they weren't running. So I did some research on my dealers website, saw a car with the vision package and they had in parentheses " Full LED Headlamps LED signature J blades daytime running lamps (turn off when park or reverse modes selected)"

Hope that calms any nerves that may have been rattled ;)

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Okay thanks. I guess I should RTFM.
I'm not a big fan of "reading" ,
so I actually ENJOY getting my information from the people on this Forum , rather than RTFM ! >:)
My wife , who is a School Teacher , is actually SHOCKED that I am spending every minute of my SPARE Time on this Forum ,
as she says "I have never READ this much in my whole life !
I tell her "Just because I don't like reading , doesn't mean I don't like Retrieving and Retaining INFORMATION ! ;)

Reactions: ctufieldops

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Go to a strip mall and pull up to a window/mirror in drive and then report back!

Regards
Is this comment FARIZZLE *KIZZLE* ??? Now some girls sitting in the Mall are going to call the Cops and say "some weird guy in that funky SUV in the parking lot , is Blinking his lights at us" !!! ;)

Reactions: PA-FPace-F and MTHM

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Is this comment FARIZZLE *KIZZLE* ??? Now some girls sitting in the Mall are going to call the Cops and say "some weird guy in that funky SUV in the parking lot , is Blinking his lights at us" !!! ;)
I needed that picture in my head and the chuckle that came after the picture materialized and thinking about kizzle having to explain to the cops why he was going so slow in front of the windows where the girls were looking out. Do you think the police would believe him?

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yep, most vehicles are the same way. No DRL's until in gear, with the exception of some that as soon as it is started they pop on.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Yep, most vehicles are the same way. No DRL's until in gear, with the exception of some that as soon as it is started they pop on.
That's interesting. My q5 turns on when I turn the car on. How else am I supposed to take a picture of it with the DRL!
Lexus is the same as Audi, they turn on as soon as the car is on, doesn't matter if your in gear.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You don't have to be in gear if you manually turn the light switch to DRL, however the DRLs do get brighter once you're in gear. I've tested it before by putting it in gear and putting the parking brake on. I have my ICTP setting programmed to have them on all the time so they only go completely off when the switch is off (or the battery dies).

Reactions: 3rdsCharm

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
You don't have to be in gear if you manually turn the light switch to DRL, however the DRLs do get brighter once you're in gear. I've tested it before by putting it in gear and putting the parking brake on. I have my ICTP setting programmed to have them on all the time so they only go completely off when the switch is off (or the battery dies).
How do you change the settings? Even when I have it set to Auto/DRL it will turn off when I'm in park.

·
Registered
165 Posts
How do you change the settings? Even when I have it set to Auto/DRL it will turn off when I'm in park.
I thought this was a setting that could be chosen, but it looks like it has to be enabled by the dealer (I did give them a list of settings that I wanted applied based on some of the insight from the forum, such as auto wiper delay and folding mirrors when alarm activated). According to the manual:
"Unless required or prohibited by law, the DRL feature can be disabled or enabled by a retailer/authorized repairer."

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I thought this was a setting that could be chosen, but it looks like it has to be enabled by the dealer (I did give them a list of settings that I wanted applied based on some of the insight from the forum, such as auto wiper delay and folding mirrors when alarm activated). According to the manual:
"Unless required or prohibited by law, the DRL feature can be disabled or enabled by a retailer/authorized repairer."
Good to know I can have the dealer enable DRL to be permanently on when engine is on.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I'll probably get scolded for going "off topic" , but since you brought it up , what did they do to the *Auto Wipers* ???
My wife and I would have preferred *Intermittent Wipers* that we could control , but according to the Manual , it states that we can't have that feature because we have the *Auto Wipers* !!!
Just wondering what they adjusted on yours ???

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Good to know I can have the dealer enable DRL to be permanently on when engine is on.
Just remember , when you are being chased by the Cops , and you pull into the Woods or an Alley , they will still be able to see you , cause your lights will be on !!! ;)

On a serious note , I do prefer them to only be on when in D , because that way when I am sitting in a parking lot at night waiting on the Wife , I can still have the vehicle running (if I need Heat or A/C) , and not be shining my lights in someone's eyes !!! Plus be a little more inconspicuous !!!
Just my "opinion" of course !!!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Just remember , when you are being chased by the Cops , and you pull into the Woods or an Alley , they will still be able to see you , cause your lights will be on !!! ;)

On a serious note , I do prefer them to only be on when in D , because that way when I am sitting in a parking lot at night waiting on the Wife , I can still have the vehicle running (if I need Heat or A/C) , and not be shining my lights in someone's eyes !!! Plus be a little more inconspicuous !!!
Just my "opinion" of course !!!
Well to your first point about being spotted by the cops you could just turn the lighting stock to "off" that would turn everything off including DRLs.

To your second point I wouldn't really consider the DRLs to be blinding, and even if you thought they were you could then turn the lighting stock to "off".

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I'll probably get scolded for going "off topic" , but since you brought it up , what did they do to the *Auto Wipers* ???
My wife and I would have preferred *Intermittent Wipers* that we could control , but according to the Manual , it states that we can't have that feature because we have the *Auto Wipers* !!!
Just wondering what they adjusted on yours ???
Im not sure how much more you could want from the wipers, haha. If you leave them on 'auto' you can choose from five different speeds. If you dont like the auto option there is then two other options, 'slow' and 'medium/fast'. But since were on windshield wipers, does anyone else find it strange that instead of pushing the windshield wiper stock going down for the auto wipers, then go down again for slow, then down again for fast you go up? First time I've been in a car where the windshield wiper controls are backwards.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts