Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - We have a place in Northern Wisconsin, so I am going to get winter tires for my F-Pace. Trust me - they help. That said I have had good experiences with the Bridgestone Blizzak - BUT (of course), they are not on the "Approved List" (Jaguar Owner Information). I need 20" tires.

My question - does this matter or can I just get my Bridgestone Blizzak tires again and call it a day?

Any other advice for when I do get the tires mounted?

·
Registered
168 Posts
i am also considering that. May be Blizzak v/s Nokia Hakkapelitta.Havent decided yet.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
You can get anything you like as long as they offer the size you need . It won't affect warrantee or anything.

It's a little early for me to be thinking about winter! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can get anything you like as long as they offer the size you need . It won't affect warrantee or anything.

It's a little early for me to be thinking about winter! :)
Ok brilliant. Thank you. My experience in Wisconsin is that it's never too early to think about winter because it's never that far away!

Thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I have 20's on my R Sport, but I went with 18" for my blizzaks on mounted Black rims from Tire rack. 18's with rims were much cheaper and worked beautifully for me. Only ran them 1 year...
It is so much easier than tearing tires on and off OEM rims and the risk of damaging them. I'm in Northern IN and may be interested in selling them if you are interested...
PM me if you are...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use the Blizzak DM-V2 255/50R20 for winter driving on my 2019 S. I live at 9,000' so winters are very snowy. Noticeably softer than the OEM Goodyear Eagle F1 but I still drive them, well, aggressively. I have never been stuck in snow. I purchased them at Costco and every 6 months I have them swap the tires on the OEM rims. Cost is about $60 for the swap, which includes balancing and rotation (meaning they mark which corner a tire was on and 6 months later they rotate the position). I like having someone look at the tires every 6 months.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is super helpful. So you don't have extra wheels on your winter tires? You just swap the tires to the OEMs correct?

I used to do this with my previous car but people seem to think it's a bad idea.

Thx so much!

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is super helpful. So you don't have extra wheels on your winter tires? You just swap the tires to the OEMs correct?

I used to do this with my previous car but people seem to think it's a bad idea.

Thx so much!
Correct, I reuse the OEM rims. I have never had a problem with a Costco mechanic ruining my rims with the frequent remounts. The Costco team just does tires, so they are very experienced. I also have them replace the valve o-rings during each swap, to prevent the slow leaks associated with dried out rubber o-rings. Having a set of winter rims might be more convenient if I were to swap the wheels myself, but I’m driving 100 miles to the remote Gypsum Costco anyway for the rebalancing, so I let them do all the work. It’s also easier for me to lift the unused tires (without the heavy rims) onto my SafeRack Tire Rack that is mounted 7 feet high in my garage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in Idaho, the saying here is there are 2 seasons, Winter and preparing for winter. My personal favorite dedicated winter tire is the Toyo G-3 Ice. We don't see much pavement here in the winter, these drive like you are on pavement. PS I have owned Blizzack's about 8 years ago and found these Toyo's superior especially on compact snow and ice.

·
Registered
310 Posts
In addition to the same size of tire if you want to maintain that consider the speed rating. There are a number of tires that are maybe the same size but have much lower speed rating and are not suitable for the F Pace on dry days in the winter when you are likely to drive more aggressively as in the summer, fall and spring. Also some winter tires are very quiet and suitable for lighter snow, ice and slush conditions. Some winter tire perform better in heavy snow but are louder and provide a harsher ride. Depends on where you live, your driving habits etc. For myself I have an F Pace S and live in the center of Toronto. Toronto gets very little snow typically and maybe one or two heavier snowfalls during the winter. Toronto has lot of hills. I do not drive long distance generally so the chances of me being in a snow belt is not likely. I have Pirelli Scorpions for the winter. For my driving habits, I like them, cannot tell the difference in ride and handling with the original Goodyear all season, they are not great in heavy snow but very good in light snow, slush and ice. Found an almost brand new set of Continental Winter Contacts for a very good price so I have them in reserve if an when the Pirelli tires wear out. Will be interesting to see the difference in ride and handling.

·
Registered
310 Posts
In addition to the same size of tire if you want to maintain that consider the speed rating. There are a number of tires that are maybe the same size but have much lower speed rating and are not suitable for the F Pace on dry days in the winter when you are likely to drive more aggressively as in the summer, fall and spring. Also some winter tires are very quiet and suitable for lighter snow, ice and slush conditions. Some winter tire perform better in heavy snow but are louder and provide a harsher ride. Depends on where you live, your driving habits etc. For myself I have an F Pace S and live in the center of Toronto. Toronto gets very little snow typically and maybe one or two heavier snowfalls during the winter. Toronto has lot of hills. I do not drive long distance generally so the chances of me being in a snow belt is not likely. I have Pirelli Scorpions for the winter. For my driving habits, I like them, cannot tell the difference in ride and handling with the original Goodyear all season, they are not great in heavy snow but very good in light snow, slush and ice. Found an almost brand new set of Continental Winter Contacts for a very good price so I have them in reserve if an when the Pirelli tires wear out. Will be interesting to see the difference in ride and handling.
Great advice. Thank you!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts