Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever wanted to know how to move your windshield wipers up to swap out the blades... well here is a video I made showing you just how to do it. This will put your wipers both front and back in service mode so you can work on your wipers.

Thanks
DP

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
What's even easier is just open the hood and change them with the hood open....

·
Registered
30 Posts
What's even easier is just open the hood and change them with the hood open....
That’s what I’ve done too. Its nice to have options though. (y)

As far as the back wiper... just pop off the plastic “L” piece (pull outward from underneath to release the clips), then you can pivot it off the window to access the wiper blade.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
that's how I was washing my car before finally getting the Winter Wipe mode

·
Registered
197 Posts
I do believe they will go down on their own after a set period of time so I guess you should be all ready to swap the blades once you do this. Don't park the blades in the service position and then go dilly dallying doing other things...especially don't take off the old blades and not put the new one on right away. Nothing like scratching the windshield with a bare wiper arm laying on it or scratching the hood because the arm was pulled away from the windshield.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Thanks for the video, @DPinTX!

I do believe they will go down on their own after a set period of time so I guess you should be all ready to swap the blades once you do this. Don't park the blades in the service position and then go dilly dallying doing other things...especially don't take off the old blades and not put the new one on right away. Nothing like scratching the windshield with a bare wiper arm laying on it or scratching the hood because the arm was pulled away from the windshield.
Would definitely suck if they went back down sans blades (or even with blades if they slam back down while being automatically put away again). Might be good to put down a towel or something.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
That’s what I’ve done too. Its nice to have options though. (y)

As far as the back wiper... just pop off the plastic “L” piece (pull outward from underneath to release the clips), then you can pivot it off the window to access the wiper blade.
I just had to replace the rear wiper blade on mine. I don't believe there is an aftermarket blade available ,so I ended up at the "stealer". I was able to get the "L" cover off OK, but the blade did not come off the arm that easily. I was having to apply a lot of pressure, and was concerned I was going to break something! Eventually with a snap it did release, and I was able to install the new one without a problem. Just an FYI for those about to change the rear blade.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ordered a replacement rear wiper/arm from Amazon. The one I have is listed as currently unavailable, but there’s one from another seller for $18. Here’s the link to the one I purchased/installed:

Arm Rear Wiper, AUTVAN Rear Windsheild Back Wiper Arm and Blade Set For Jaguar F-PACE New Amazon.com: Arm Rear Wiper, AUTVAN Rear Windsheild Back Wiper Arm and Blade Set For Jaguar F-PACE New: Automotive

The blade is on pretty firmly, so it takes a bit of a tug to remove it. The hardest part IMO is wrestling with the L cover since there’s not much room to get your fingers down there and mine was on pretty tight.

Edit: Tried service mode when I washed it yesterday. The wipers only stay in the up position while the driver door is open on mine (weird). I tried it multiple times and every time I closed the door, the wipers immediately lowered. They stayed up for several mins, enough for me to clean the windshield, while the door was open and only lowered when I shut the door when I was finished.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts