Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
More than the 3 owners, I’d be concerned that it had 14 services (that were reported), 4 of them elec/computer related, in 4 yrs. With just 14k miles in under 1 yr., the first dealer sent it to auction instead of selling it Certified Pre-Owned. The next 2 owners got ~20k each out of it. Really hope you get to enjoy your F-Pace and never need that warranty.

·
Registered
333 Posts
really odd history... I probably would have asked that question before purchasing it!
But I wouldn't be particularly concerned. You have 5 months and a few thousand miles to find any Jaguar full warranty issues. Not sure how the carvana warranty works, but hopefully it's better than most 3rd parties that are full of exclusions, don't require OEM parts, etc.
Take a look through the forums for the known issues, and try to spend some extra time in your F-Pace, check your belts, watch for service engine codes, and maybe pay an independent shop to give it a thorough check. Once the warranty is up things can get pretty expensive to fix, this is true with all cars though

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
really odd history... I probably would have asked that question before purchasing it!
But I wouldn't be particularly concerned. You have 5 months and a few thousand miles to find any Jaguar full warranty issues. Not sure how the carvana warranty works, but hopefully it's better than most 3rd parties that are full of exclusions, don't require OEM parts, etc.
Take a look through the forums for the known issues, and try to spend some extra time in your F-Pace, check your belts, watch for service engine codes, and maybe pay an independent shop to give it a thorough check. Once the warranty is up things can get pretty expensive to fix, this is true with all cars though
Thank you so much for your response! Luckily, I haven’t actually taken delivery of the vehicle and Carvana offers a 7 day return policy, so I could back out if I wanted. I did not realize the Jaguar warranty is five years, 60,000 miles! It appears I can purchase an extended warranty through Jaguar instead as long as I have 30 days and 1,000 miles remaining on the warranty! I can cancel the Carvana one. I will definitely have an independent shop identify problems that can be addressed in the current warranty period. This should alleviate my concerns. I was concerned by the atypical CarFax, but not as much anymore.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I would verify with Jaguar that the warranty is still intact and that they have a service history of the vehicle. There have been a few instances where vehicles have missed service dates and Jaguar has not honored the balance of the warranty. Would be good to double check given the history.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you so much for your response! Luckily, I haven’t actually taken delivery of the vehicle and Carvana offers a 7 day return policy, so I could back out if I wanted. I did not realize the Jaguar warranty is five years, 60,000 miles! It appears I can purchase an extended warranty through Jaguar instead as long as I have 30 days and 1,000 miles remaining on the warranty! I can cancel the Carvana one. I will definitely have an independent shop identify problems that can be addressed in the current warranty period. This should alleviate my concerns. I was concerned by the atypical CarFax, but not as much anymore.
If you can cancel the deal without penalty...
I would keep shopping...IMHO

Otherwise, be sure of the Warranty promised.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you all to those who replied! I have decided to back-out of this purchase without penalty. I found a car with a single owner, who take substantial care of their vehicle, although it does have additional miles and a reduced cost.
Some additional details and maybe pictures would be great!
😁

·
Registered
534 Posts

I would run away from this as fast as possible, if not faster. Just my.02. It could be fine, but it's a higher than average chance of turning into your worst nightmare, given all the red flags, and good luck re-selling it at that point.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts