Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2019 F-Pace S back in April. The dealer didn't do a full PDI on it, so I had to bring it back when it was discovered the next morning that the cameras beneath the mirrors were not working.

When I brought it in to them, they replaced the cameras, but now the passenger side puddle light is misaligned and the circle that is projected on the floor (as gimmicky as it is) is cut off as you can see in the attached photo.

Brought it back yesterday and just received a voicemail from service saying 'the techs looked and said it was fine'. I'm curious what the consensus of the forum is. Keep in mind that both lights were fine before the camera fix mentioned above. Is this really something that is 'within tolerances' for a $75k vehicle?

Driver's side. Looks correct:

Passenger's side. Cut off.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Picked up a 2019 F-Pace S back in April. The dealer didn't do a full PDI on it, so I had to bring it back when it was discovered the next morning that the cameras beneath the mirrors were not working.

When I brought it in to them, they replaced the cameras, but now the passenger side puddle light is misaligned and the circle that is projected on the floor (as gimmicky as it is) is cut off as you can see in the attached photo.

Brought it back yesterday and just received a voicemail from service saying 'the techs looked and said it was fine'. I'm curious what the consensus of the forum is. Keep in mind that both lights were fine before the camera fix mentioned above. Is this really something that is 'within tolerances' for a $75k vehicle?

Driver's side. Looks correct:
View attachment 71208

Passenger's side. Cut off.
View attachment 71209
I had the same problem with mine; MY2017, passenger side as well. It drove me crazy, I'm kind of OCD. I mentioned it several times to the service guy and after getting tired of me complaining about it, they managed to fix it somehow. I think it was a slight mirror adjustment. I wouldn't let it go, I'd insist they fix it becasue I know they can.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I mentioned the same problem awhile back, but never found a way to fix it. Since we use the same dealer and service advisor, ctufieldops, would you review your paperwork and tell me what the fix was? They told me no way to adjust it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The most infuriating part of this was that they broke it to begin with. When we brought it in for the cameras under the mirrors, both projected as they should. When we got it back with the cameras fixed, the passenger side was as you see it in the pictures. :-(

·
Registered
615 Posts
I mentioned the same problem awhile back, but never found a way to fix it. Since we use the same dealer and service advisor, ctufieldops, would you review your paperwork and tell me what the fix was? They told me no way to adjust it.
@skyking, not sure exactly what they did to fix it :cool:, see the photo of the paperwork I received. Again, my passenger puddle light is now 100% on the ground. (y)

·
Registered
868 Posts
@skyking, not sure exactly what they did to fix it :cool:, see the photo of the paperwork I received. Again, my passenger puddle light is now 100% on the ground. (y)

View attachment 71211
They told me they checked several on the lot and they were all cut off like one of mine is.
And that there was no way to adjust it. I kind of figured that was BS.
I didn't push it, but next visit I may be a little more forceful, since you have proven to me it can be done.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Unless Jag has updated the door mirrors since the 2017 models, the projectors are glued into place, glued directly to the bottom of the mirror assembly. (note: at least for mirrors without cameras).

·
Registered
615 Posts
They told me they checked several on the lot and they were all cut off like one of mine is.
And that there was no way to adjust it. I kind of figured that was BS.
I didn't push it, but next visit I may be a little more forceful, since you have proven to me it can be done.
Yeah, I always hated when they would do/say that, my response was "that doesn't mean it's right".

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Never checked mine for this, I'll have to look.

And I agree, stating it's normal, is terrible customer service for the Jaguar Service Writer. However, it's what I've seen mostly from Jag dealerships. Not acceptable to me.

·
Registered
285 Posts
It's akin to a produce guy saying "The romaine lettuce you bought here is contaminated with E. coli; but so are the other ones that I have on the shelf. Therefore, it's normal and fine."

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
It's akin to a produce guy saying "The romaine lettuce you bought here is contaminated with E. coli; but so are the other ones that I have on the shelf. Therefore, it's normal and fine."
Umm ,
I don't think anyone is going to become ill , possibly fatally ,
due to an off-set puddle lamp !!!;):cool:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
This might not be relevant, but seen on JD power today that latest survey shows Jaguar 130 out of 130 in initial quality study.... DEAD LAST..... and Land Rover at 129, 2nd to dead last....

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
This might not be relevant, but seen on JD power today that latest survey shows Jaguar 130 out of 130 in initial quality study.... DEAD LAST..... and Land Rover at 129, 2nd to dead last....
I don't know whether or not I should be offended , or just think it's funny ,
that you felt the need to tell us that 130-out-of-130 = DEAD LAST ,
and that 129 = 2nd to dead last !!!:unsure:;):cool:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I checked my passenger puddle light this evening and it looks like yours TJF. It hasn't bothered me for the last 10 months . . . so I will probably just let it go . . . for me; no harm, no fowl . . . <GRVR, calm down, I know it should be "foul" . . . just messing around>.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
On my SVR, my right passenger side puddle light is a little out of alignment as well, maybe no more than 3%. Never noticed it till this thread. Thanks guys :(.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I checked my passenger puddle light this evening and it looks like yours TJF. It hasn't bothered me for the last 10 months . . . so I will probably just let it go . . . for me; no harm, no fowl . . . <GRVR, calm down, I know it should be "foul" . . . just messing around>.
Honestly, had it not been correct initially - remember, I took it in because the cameras weren't working - I may have written it off as sloppy, but not brought it in for it. This being said, I got it back this morning and they managed to correct it.

Gotta say, while I love the vehicle, the entire dealership experience has been absolutely abysmal. Coming from Lexus and BMW, the difference, albeit anecdotal, is striking.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This might not be relevant, but seen on JD power today that latest survey shows...
Saw a similar article in Forbes, but they stated that Jaguar and Land Rover had great improvements in 2019.

At any rate, I'm not interested in driving a Hyundai or a Ford. That's why I bought a Jaguar.

·
Registered
614 Posts
... had it not been correct initially ...
I saw this thread when you first posted it, and thought "well, mine is just fine". But then looked and it is misaligned in the same way and the same amount on my 2017. Seems to be a manufacturing problem. Any word on how your dealer realigned it?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Saw a similar article in Forbes, but they stated that Jaguar and Land Rover had great improvements in 2019.

At any rate, I'm not interested in driving a Hyundai or a Ford. That's why I bought a Jaguar.
also it's quite possible that folks who buy hyundais and fords just buy them to drive into the dirt, and not to nitpick every little detail like puddle light lamp alignment, making it seem there are multitudes of issues with Jags. haha half kidding. that would irk me too, but I haven't checked my SVR and don't intend to as it hasn't bugged me yet. If it is off and I do notice it I'll blame this thread -_-

1 - 20 of 21 Posts