Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd really like to buy some progressive springs from H&R, but according to their reply below the 28730-2 kit they sell is not compatible with the F-Pace S with the electronic dampers / adjustable shocks:

Good morning and thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately we do not have a kit of the “S” model yet. The 28730-1 kit you referenced has not been tested or approved for use in North America. Hopefully we will have something soon. I would recommend keeping an eye on www.hrsprings.com where we will announce the kit as soon as it becomes available. Thanks again and have a great day!
Does anybody know what models the unapproved kit 28730-1 fits (I assume that it is used in Europe?) ...and how it differs from the 28730-2?

Also if anybody else with adjustable shocks is even semi-what interested in buying progressive rate springs from H&R in the future, it can't hurt to send an email to [email protected] asking when/if springs become available for our model too?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
You'd have to go back and search the forum, I had lowered by first F-Pace which was an S with what I believe was a kit from H&R and I believe others out here did the same thing. I never had any faults on my 2017 S Model with those springs installed. The only thing I wasn't thrilled with is that the drop in the back ended up being more than the front and the car sat a little squat in the back afterwards. Still looked great, you can still see pics of that one in my garage I believe). I know KW makes an adjustable progressive set for the F-Pace S that is around $1000 so more expensive than the H&R setup but it comes with new bump stops that I think help soften the ride a bit more when you hit the max of the spring rates.

Reactions: Tippoweego

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi - found this on the H&R European website - looks like both models 28730 1 and 2 are good for all F Pace models excepting the ones with adaptive dynamics
83B63A36-4167-4D21-8DBA-C6D9CC65A123.png

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Yes, I had the H&Rs on my 2017, confirmed that as I found the receipt. Back then they never said anything about the fact that they shouldn't be put on an F-Pace with Adaptive Dynamics if I remember right. I had them on my car for over 30k miles before trading it on my 2019 F-Pace SVR. Never had an issue the the Adaptive Dynamics and I could tell that it worked when moving the car into Dynamic mode. Never had any issue with the shocks leaking either. So if there is a problem, maybe it's random and they simply don't want to take the chance at someone coming after them.

With that said I did not lower my SVR stayed with the stock suspension since I was't happy with the back drop using the H&Rs. Also the KWs weren't supposed to be able to fit the SVR when it first came out. They may not, but I haven't checked recently.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to know that a couple of people experienced no issues with their S ...and I see that Undymm in another thread installed the 28730-1 with no rear height issues

Today installed H&R, 28730-1. The drop is the same in front/rear. The difference is the H&R 28730-1 and 28730-2 in my opinion. I was driving only 3 kilometers from garage to my ambulance, so ride quality will check later. The drop in my case is exactly 3 centimeters on all 4 wheels.
So I think I might pull the trigger on these.., Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2018 R Sport 2,5D satin black 22´´double spoke wheels,full except configurable ambient lighting
16 Posts
Good to know that a couple of people experienced no issues with their S ...and I see that Undymm in another thread installed the 28730-1 with no rear height issues

So I think I might pull the trigger on these.., Thanks for the help!
28730-1 or -2 the difference is in front springs load as H&R told me. No 2 are for FPACE with more weight engine in front, so that´s why if somebody install No 2 and have light engine, the drop on rear is more in compare with front. I do not know engine weight, but I think 2,0 diesel vs SVR- SVR is much more heavy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah, that would explain the somewhat lost in translation statement “models more than axle load front” from the site I just bought them from then...

...so I’ll guess I’ll see how heavy my 380hp V6 engine is and how I sit?

I’ll post some pictures next month

Thanks
S.Chapman

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Tippoweego, my 2017 was a V6 S and at the time there was only one kit. My guess it was number 2 at the time. I'm not sure why the rear of my FPace was lowered more than the front, perhaps it was something with the install, but you can see how mine sat in the picture below. I think it looks good overall, but I always wanted to wheel to fender gap to be identical.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts