Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 model and sometimes when starting the car, the radio won’t work. No am/fm, won’t connect to my phone as a source even though it’s connected to my phone via Bluetooth and can still place calls via Bluetooth. I’ve tried turning off my Bluetooth and reconnecting, turning off the motor and back on and still nothing. Doesn’t happen all of the time, but has happened enough to be extremely annoying. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I have a 2018 model and sometimes when starting the car, the radio won’t work. No am/fm, won’t connect to my phone as a source even though it’s connected to my phone via Bluetooth and can still place calls via Bluetooth. I’ve tried turning off my Bluetooth and reconnecting, turning off the motor and back on and still nothing. Doesn’t happen all of the time, but has happened enough to be extremely annoying. Has anyone else experienced this?
That’s a know issue with some early builds of rhe ICTP software. I would recommend taking it to your dealer for an update under warranty.

DP

·
F Pace Expert
2,712 Posts
Assuming you have ICTP not ICT another pre-dealer visit thing to try; completely delete the phone Bluetooth entry in car, delete the Jaguar Bluetooth entry in phone. Reboot phone, reboot car (lock and leave for 15 minutes). Then set up Bluetooth connection from scratch. Sometimes this can jiggle things into working.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Similar issues: Have 2017 with ICT. Bought a Galaxy 9 and Galaxy 10 last week. Switch mode to Bluetooth to play music from my 9, then have to change device (wife has the 10 and is the default phone). Get music to play for roughly a minute or so, then it drops the Bluetooth and reverts to FM radio. Other times, it will continue to play my music properly...as of now, it's roughly 50/50 whether the phone drops out or not.

Any ideas? Don't think it's the phones as I've paired my 9 to my 2010 Infiniti with no dropping issues.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Similar issues: Have 2017 with ICT. Bought a Galaxy 9 and Galaxy 10 last week. Switch mode to Bluetooth to play music from my 9, then have to change device (wife has the 10 and is the default phone). Get music to play for roughly a minute or so, then it drops the Bluetooth and reverts to FM radio. Other times, it will continue to play my music properly...as of now, it's roughly 50/50 whether the phone drops out or not.

Any ideas? Don't think it's the phones as I've paired my 9 to my 2010 Infiniti with no dropping issues.
I have this problem with my 2018 / ICT. I believe it is different from the ICTP issue originally discussed in this thread.

Basically, after starting, my bluetooth will drop connection to my android phone every few seconds/minutes. It is definitely the BT connection that drops - the screen removes the phone & battery charge from the status line (ie: nothing connected). If I choose 'media source selection' there is no BT option; then a few seconds later it re-appears and I can reconnect - temporarily. After some period (varies from 2 mins to 10 mins) this no longer happens and the BT is solid.

Took it to dealer last month and they said that dropping the BT to phone was due to phone service signal issues - which clearly isn't the issue, as I wasn't making a call, and phone signal does not impact BT. Personally, I think it's something to do with the (apparently) dozens of BT devices in the car switching on/off/communicating after startup - but I'm gathering as much evidence as possible for my next dealer trip ....

·
Registered
2,101 Posts

first suggestion I you haven't done this already, is delete the phones from the car and delete the car from the phones.
Turn the car off and leave it sit for 15 minutes so it truly goes off.
Reboot the phones.
Then start with the 9 first and resynch.
Run that way for a while with just the 9 see if you have any issues, if so.
Repeat the steps above, but synch the 10.
If the 10 runs fine for a while then add the 9.

that will tell you where the issue is (with car or phone) 10 or 9 or both.

If you end up in the same place, then check the version of ICT your running and see if they can upgrade you or reinstall the bluetooth module. Not sure to much about ICT, but hopefully the above will fix it or tell you what's causing it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had this issue on a 2019. No radio No Media at all.
We bought a 2019 F Pace at the end of July 2019 and after three days, same problem. Car has been at dealer since and they've changed the IMC, which did not fix it, and now are waiting for a new TCU. Part will be received on September 2 since part has to come from the UK. I'll update when fixed. Car had 24 miles when delivered.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update: TCU did not fix it they installed a new IMC again because Meridian told them that the software was corrupted. It worked BUT 2 days later (Sep 8) radio stations could not be located. After sitting overnight, the radio worked. Stopped working on Sep 18 and took back to dealership. Got it back yesterday and they said a software update was done again. Hopefully this works because I can invoke the lemon law in my state. Cell phone works but no messages and according to shop foreman, my Samsung is not compatible with the latest update my service provider downloaded. When radio did not work, Sirius radio did.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
That is totally a bunch of Horse DooDoo in a world where even the most basic ent. systems in cars are mostly bulletproof.. I'd give them 2 chances to fix it, or demand another vehicle. That may be a little over the top, but when you mostly change everything out and it still does it, that's a no go for future confidence for me.
Plus all this BS of non compatibility… Samsung and android are the #1 or #2 platform in the world. Who would ever design or update anything and say "Sorry we didn't include phones that most of the world uses..." I would be embarrassed as a Dealer and a Service Manager to make such a statement to reasonably tech savvy Jag buyers.

Dealers and service people are 80% of the reason why I would or would NOT ever buy a brand again....

·
Registered
511 Posts
That is totally a bunch of Horse DooDoo in a world where even the most basic ent. systems in cars are mostly bulletproof.. I'd give them 2 chances to fix it, or demand another vehicle. That may be a little over the top, but when you mostly change everything out and it still does it, that's a no go for future confidence for me.
Plus all this BS of non compatibility… Samsung and android are the #1 or #2 platform in the world. Who would ever design or update anything and say "Sorry we didn't include phones that most of the world uses..." I would be embarrassed as a Dealer and a Service Manager to make such a statement to reasonably tech savvy Jag buyers.

Dealers and service people are 80% of the reason why I would or would NOT ever buy a brand again....
What he said. I totally agree. I believe how it's supposed to work is that communication databases between phone and car are constantly updated and added to standardization protocols (database lists for all devices) so things do communicate better and proprietary build issues are avoided. So a manufacturer should stay on a communication protocol like TV sets all have different codes they uses to communicate to their remotes, and different remotes can learn that language because you can tell the gear that it uses so-and-so's code base. And the point being that a phone manufacturer should be sticking with a communication protocol. I mean, there's not too many phones out there, as compared to TV brands, how hard can it be?

If I can get into my (now sold) 12 year old XK, and pair a brand new phone with it (usually a Samsung or more of late a Moto-Z droid) that tells me that the car is looking for established protocols and the phone is sending one out, not some fly-by-night new proprietary one. I've been able to pair any phone with any car we've had and we've had a lot of them (phones too).

For a dealer to tell me it's phone issue....I don't buy it. Especially with Droid phones.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Stbentoak's statement CANNOT be REITERATED enough !!!

I firmly believe that INCOMPETENT Service Departments/Advisors ,
is WHAT has caused the MAJORITY of negative reviews for the F-PACE !!!

While I agree , it is disappointing to have ISSUES with a ANY New vehicle ,
MANY Forum Members have had those issues REMEDIED by COMPETENT Service Departments ,
therefore , leaving them with a GREAT Ownership EXPERIENCE with their F-PACE !!!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
While I agree , it is disappointing to have ISSUES with a ANY New vehicle ,
Practically EVERY new vehicle has to go back for adjustments and minor new car corrections w/in the 1st 6 months. Most every one I have had, has..... If the dealer fixes it right the first time and hands it back promptly… No harm, No foul, and thank you!

But when major systems (Like your whole ICTP)....Craps out and basically doesn't work to your satisfaction after its brain has been changed twice, That is flat out a quality flaw. These units should be 100% bench tested before release to a Service dept, and then THEY should test it also beyond the point of "Hey it turns on, Get that thing out of here !" at the dealership.. I've seen SOOO many times where you give them some symptoms and an issue you are having and you get it back saying... Sorry ,couldn't replicate, or they update something ,try it once, and deem it "FIXED!"
If I have an insidious issue with my vehicle I always tell my Mgr. Keep it for a few days or drive it home yourself for a night to prove your fix works. I have a loaner, I'm in no hurry. Nothing yings me more than getting it back and its doing the same thing you took it in for....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Practically EVERY new vehicle has to go back for adjustments and minor new car corrections w/in the 1st 6 months. Most every one I have had, has..... If the dealer fixes it right the first time and hands it back promptly… No harm, No foul, and thank you!
Besides the vehicles in my signature, I’ve had 7 other non-Jag new cars/SUVs since ‘94. Only thing I ever had to do was change oil, brakes, and tires. Not one_single_quality_issue. My ‘88 Jag was quirky. The ‘02 X-Type had a lot of quality issues. My 20d had the ICT problems, and the turbo blew up. Had to trade my 35t (that I absolutely loved) because they couldn’t fix it after a month..... The ‘19 30t seems more “solid” than both ‘17 FPs. The theme for all of the vehicles w/ problems - I should know better than to buy an initial model year vehicle, especially Jags. Theme for all the others - Well established models.

·
Registered
463 Posts

JLRNA will not replace vehicles based on ICTP issues. I tried that. If you want it replaced, you'll need to take it to court. I'll let you know how that turns out, since that's the process I'm going through now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2019 f pace has this problem. Audio often fails to work and traffic information updates missing. 4G signal often unobtainable. Dealer says there's a software update so I'm having that installed under warranty although they seem uncertain whether that will fix the problem. Not only is this disappointing in a new vehicle but the long wait for a service appointment and their failure to notify customers of the software recall before the problem became apparent isn't inspiring me with confidence.

·
Registered
136 Posts
My 2019 f pace has this problem. Audio often fails to work and traffic information updates missing. 4G signal often unobtainable. Dealer says there's a software update so I'm having that installed under warranty although they seem uncertain whether that will fix the problem. Not only is this disappointing in a new vehicle but the long wait for a service appointment and their failure to notify customers of the software recall before the problem became apparent isn't inspiring me with confidence.

Most of the audio / 3G / 4G connection problem have improved significantly after each software fix. The magic word is (Most of the problem) ...and when you are at the dealer ask them to update / unlock the software so it can be done over the air in the future. The latest ICTP software is .. see picture.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts