Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My problem is that I can program either the outside key pad to open garage door OR the FPace Jaguar home link button. I can't program both. Strangeness I know. Anyone have ideas? Note, I can program my Nissan Z and the Toyota 4Runner home links AND the outside key pad for garage door simultaneously without issue.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
My problem is that I can program either the outside key pad to open garage door OR the FPace Jaguar home link button. I can't program both. Strangeness I know. Anyone have ideas? Note, I can program my Nissan Z and the Toyota 4Runner home links AND the outside key pad for garage door simultaneously without issue.
Have you gone to homelink web site and pulled your model liftmaster specific info just in case there is some nuance?

At my insistence we had a new, modern transmitter/controller installed in our small condo building. Adding f Pace was as easy as hitting ADD on the control panel, pressing car homelink button and then confirm on control panel, done. So much easier than with our previous 15 yr old liftmaster controller.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I have a lift master and I have had no problem programming both following the procedures in the F-Pace manual. I even used the code remote to program the F-Pace since I couldn't find my standard remote initially.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't recall if I have a liftmaster but I did have to go through the "Remote learn" procedure on my opener after I programmed the homelink in the F Pace.

·
Registered
265 Posts
My F-Pace is programed with 2 different Liftmaster door openers and we also have a keypad on the side of the garage. It definitely works.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just had a new Liftmaster installed. Took the guy who did the remote programming about 30 seconds for the F-Pace, so agree, it works as do all the other remotes, may be dependent on the Liftmaster model.

Couldn't get the LR4 to work, so need to do some digging on that.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
My F-Pace is programed with 2 different Liftmaster door openers and we also have a keypad on the side of the garage. It definitely works.
BTW , do you recall the numbers for the "keypad" ??? >:)

THANKS , in advance !!! ;)

Reactions: Mashie

·
Registered
18 Posts
My LiftMaster opener had a limit of 10 transmitters connected to it, which became an issue as we changed cars over the years. If that is the case for you, it may require a full reset of the opener and reprogram of all your current cars/remotes.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Great reference!
Ok ! What's the "reference" ??? :confused: :confused: :confused:
The only thing I can think of , is a *MIC CHECK* ??? But in some kinda Morse Code !!! :p

·
Registered
5,074 Posts

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
My LiftMaster opener had a limit of 10 transmitters connected to it, which became an issue as we changed cars over the years. If that is the case for you, it may require a full reset of the opener and reprogram of all your current cars/remotes.
That is exactly what we finally figured out was wrong in our building. For ten years we were told frequency drift was causing our clickers to stop working. A new guy joined the team for our vendor and said "you know you can only have 10 units on this liftmaster right?" $400 later for a new controller/transmitter and now can handle 100 devices and much much simpler to program.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Problem resolved. I had to reset/clear out my memory on my Genie 2204 garage door opener. Then I was able to reprogram the wireless keypad and the Homelink on my F-Pace and keep both entries intact. Thanks for all of your suggestions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts