Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new F-Pace owner - 2019 30t with 49k miles on the clock. Took it to my local JLR dealership for the recall on the VVT solenoid and they obviously came back with some recommendations. One of which was a Premium Fuel Service at $500.

PERFORM PLATINUM FUEL SERVICE CAUSE: RECOMMENDED EVERY 15,000 MILES. HELPS PREVENT PREMATURE WEAR AND TEAR ON ENGINE BY BURNING UP EXCESS CARBON WITHIN THE ENGINE CYLINDERS.

I haven't seen too much on here about this fuel service / flushing. Has anyone had this done and would recommend? Dealership said it isn't recommended by Jaguar but they recommend it, especially as the engine runs quite warm. Any help or insight appreciated!

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
From what I have typically seen, this type of injector cleaning isn't normally required unless you are seeing some sort of issue with acceleration or idling. I don't remember seeing an injector cleaning or premium fuel service in my manual of recommended services by Jaguar either. I would ask them why they are recommending this service, is it just the miles or do they see an issue with an injector or some other fuel service part? I would also ask them is this a service that is recommended by Jaguar on the normal F-Pace service schedule.

Reactions: Sjf

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am willing to bet the "service" involves a can of Seafoam and having the tech floor it a few times after it idles for any hour. I am just guessing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The advisor said it's not recommended directly from Jaguar but is their (dealership) recommendation. He mentioned that it was a preventative measure, more for engines that are getting to end of warranty. He said because they run hot that they are more prone to get carbon deposits and the "service" can improve responsiveness, idling, mpg...??

It does have all the hallmarks of an attempt for a dealership to try to claw some extra revenue from customers who might only be dropping in for complimentary servicing. Side note - I didn't realise how strict JLR would be on the 1000 miles out of the scheduled maintenance visits means no complimentary service, I bought the car with 49,078 miles on it and that meant they couldn't do the 48k complimentary service.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Do yourself a favor.... Just say no.....and I don't think I'd say thanks after no.....

Reactions: MtryAlex

·
Registered
2019 F-Pace 30t
6 Posts
Hi all, new F-Pace owner - 2019 30t with 49k miles on the clock. Took it to my local JLR dealership for the recall on the VVT solenoid and they obviously came back with some recommendations. One of which was a Premium Fuel Service at $500.

PERFORM PLATINUM FUEL SERVICE CAUSE: RECOMMENDED EVERY 15,000 MILES. HELPS PREVENT PREMATURE WEAR AND TEAR ON ENGINE BY BURNING UP EXCESS CARBON WITHIN THE ENGINE CYLINDERS.
I haven't seen too much on here about this fuel service / flushing. Has anyone had this done and would recommend? Dealership said it isn't recommended by Jaguar but they recommend it, especially as the engine runs quite warm. Any help or insight appreciated!

·
Registered
2019 F-Pace 30t
6 Posts
This service is great, for the dealership.
Its sole purpose is to increase dealership profits. How far away is the next closest dealer? This one isn't ethical.
I would recommend using Top Tier gasoline brands when available. They have the highest quality detergents in them, which help keep the fuel system clean. You can Google it and see which stations near you are Top Tier brands. There are many.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Do yourself a favor.... Just say no.....and I don't think I'd say thanks after no.....

I also would not say thanks after, and I might add a word or two before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts