Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have been waiting a year now to get a pre-owned fpace because my budget is limited. But after a year I came across Jag website and realized the price of new cars are increased significantly! e.g., the 20d starting price has gone to 46k vs old price of 41k. Then are the pre-owned cars gonna be affected by 2018 model prices? (increase in price?)

Also, when do you think the prices start to depreciate?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have been waiting a year now to get a pre-owned fpace because my budget is limited.

As soon as you drive it off the lot....;)

·
Registered
125 Posts
In all reality, the ones that are showing used right now, likely are ones that had issues from the get go.

You are probably going to have to wait 3 years for ones on Leases to end.

So March 2016, probably March 2019+ is when you should start to see more used FPaces show up.

For me, I am on a 39 mo lease, so mine ends in July 2020. Depending on value of the car(I have a premium), I may go try to go for a Used S model at that point. That is in the back of my mind.

·
Registered
245 Posts
After a year you came across the Jag website? Like you were walking along minding you own business when all of a sudden out of nowhere you stubbed your toe on it? lol However that may be Dreadnaught pretty much had it. Early returns can often be problem children. Sometimes peoples financing falls through after they roll off the lot, dealerships will drop demo cars into the lineup, a few people hated the car after driving it or decided to upgrade immediately because they didn't have an option they wanted. These things happen. Still you don't want a problem child and dealer demo cars are usually flogged from the first miles, as there is a good chance at this stage of the game to get one or the other so the CW is to wait. By year two people begin turning in cars for more varied reasons and your chances of getting a better car go up quite a bit. At that point prices will still be up a little because there will not be too many used cars on the lots until the leases start coming back in force at the 3 year mark, thats when the prices go down. DPK already accurately explained the start point of depreciation, Jaguars are not known for their excellent resale value and this is not likely to change in the near term with the F-Pace.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I know of a *Glacier White S* model , that will most likely be up FOR SALE in approximately *12-15* Years , with approximately *200,000-250,000* Miles on it !!!
And I'm pretty sure the *Asking Price* will be quite reasonable !!! >:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have been waiting a year now to get a pre-owned fpace because my budget is limited. But after a year I came across Jag website and realized the price of new cars are increased significantly! e.g., the 20d starting price has gone to 46k vs old price of 41k. Then are the pre-owned cars gonna be affected by 2018 model prices? (increase in price?)

Thanks!
I bought an F-Pace Premium brand new in November 2016, but subsequently found that I missed a number of the features that were on the Prestige model. I periodically searched the websites of Jag dealers within 300 miles. In March 2017 I found a "used" F-Pace Prestige with 1500 miles. The original owner found the car too small. He brought it back to the dealership and traded it in for a larger Land Rover. My advice is to keep looking and something will turn up. When it does, be prepared to move fast. While I was signing the paperwork on the Prestige, another potential buyer was asking a different sales person to take the Prestige for a test drive. He was also looking for a used F-Pace. Since I traded in my F-Pace Premium, that means there was at least one used F-Pace for sale with 5000 miles and in like-new condition. I recently checked the dealer website and they have since sold the F-Pace Premium that I traded in!

·
Registered
458 Posts
realized the price of new cars are increased significantly! e.g., the 20d starting price has gone to 46k vs old price of 41k.
Thanks!
This is true but with the caveat. The cheapest base trim was eliminated from 2018 models. Exact trim pricing increased from 1500 to 2200.

Otherwise good luck landing Super Saver deal for used F-Pace! I was reading article that in UK demand for F-Pace is high enough that in some cases price for used F-Pace is higher than original MRSP.

Reactions: hmirzaei

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Along these same lines, is there a good way to calculate current value of the 2017 MY?

KBB I thought was extremely low, and inventory searches show used 2017s going for some $5-$10K less that what I assume was the original sticker. I am curious, and the UK comment on demand has me interested in how we are fairing over here.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I am curious, and the UK comment on demand has me interested in how we are fairing over here.
I wish I saved the article when I read it. I Googled it but I could not find it. I did notice that UK certainly have a vast used F-Pace market already and prices were no as low as you'd expect for used wheels however I am not that familiar with the UK used car market trends in general - maybe it's their norm.

Also I did quick search for used F-Paces in US to conclude that it's almost non-existent yet compared to UK

·
Registered
575 Posts
Along these same lines, is there a good way to calculate current value of the 2017 MY?

KBB I thought was extremely low, and inventory searches show used 2017s going for some $5-$10K less that what I assume was the original sticker. I am curious, and the UK comment on demand has me interested in how we are fairing over here.
KBB is a joke, honestly. I'm not sure what tool is most accurate for evaluating a used vehicle's actual value, as it doesn't factor in all of the options for some reason or warranties (like CPO). And there is nothing that can account for supply and demand. But the main reason I think KBB is a joke is because no dealer ever seems to respect it for your trade, only for what they are trying to sell.

I have seen a few used ones for sale locally, but not many, and the prices were very high. 2-3K less than similarly equipped new models. I chose to avoid these vehicles, as my main concern is that they are the early release problem children that were traded in for something else or swapped for a newer F-Pace. I know that's not the truth in all cases, but it's how I chose to approach it.

·
Registered
592 Posts
KBB I thought was extremely low...
The XF has shown up on lists of cars with more-than-normal depreciation after the first year. The F-pace has no history to draw on so leasing rates and published used values are likely worse than they should be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts