Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a power buzz coming from instrument cluster towards the heads up display area.
2017 S can anyone tell me that this is normal? Stays on whole time power is running with or without engine running... everything is working properly!
Drives me nuts!
Thank you in advance...
-You Never Know

·
Registered
21 Posts
The inside of my car is silent. I do have a HUD. The outside of my car does make an electronic whine from the moment I wake it up and there is a wierd pop like a champagne cork after I get out and start to walk away.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Can you hear the buzz while standing outside the car, and if so is it louder or softer? I had a loud buzz that i first thought was that area, but realized was coming from the engine side of the firewall. Ended up being a failing timing chain / VANOS solenoid. It was far louder outside than inside.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The HUD has a whine when running and a soft “champagne pop” when turning off. Try using the steering wheel controls to turn off the HUD and see if that’s the issue you are talking about?

if that fixes it,yes that is normal :(

·
Registered
425 Posts
The HUD has a whine when running and a soft “champagne pop” when turning off...
That can't be normal. I have some really jazzy new hearing aids, and I've never heard that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I didn't get the answer. My 2 hour while you wait visit turned into "you have to leave the car". Leaving my new car in their "care" over the weekend pissed me off. I left with my car and without your answer.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
That noise you hear is the Throttlebody blade opening and closing on the supercharged V-6 when the engine shuts down.

DP

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for the late reply... actually haven't driven my baby till last night...so I turned off hud and sure enough power buzz was gone. Must be some power surge going on... bringing it next week will give an update....
Thank you for all your feed back!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts