Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you done it? If so, could you post pictures of your new, improved calipers? I am thinking of doing it on my R-Sport and want to see what they will look like in either of those two colors before I pull the trigger. Don't want to do red since the IRR is already red enough.

·
Super Moderator
1,895 Posts
Gloss Black will be stunning vs Silver unless you have other Silver accents on the exterior? Or unless you have Gloss Black wheels. Do you have either?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Has anyone ever seen gloss black calipers with gloss black wheels?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Lime Green Lime Green Lime Green! ;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
I was thrilled to get Red calipers on my "S" (first time I ever had painted calipers) and now it seems that Yellow is all the rage! I was at the dealership the other day and they have a beautiful F-type with yellow calipers and a guy a few streets over has a new grey Lambo also with Yellow calipers! I feel so out of date and now you guys want to go setting a new trend with Black or Silver?! I just can't keep up :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gloss Black will be stunning vs Silver unless you have other Silver accents on the exterior? Or unless you have Gloss Black wheels. Do you have either?
I do not have any silver on the car except the wheels. So, while I agree gloss black would look much sharper against the silver wheels, and with all the black trim, I am worried the black will show tons of brake dust and not look so sharp after driving any distance.

Of course, after talking to the company that Jag recommends, Classic Powder Coating, I think the amount of time required (up to a month) will be the deal braker (!) here, (plus the $2K price tag is not exactly winning me over.)

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I do not have any silver on the car except the wheels. So, while I agree gloss black would look much sharper against the silver wheels, and with all the black trim, I am worried the black will show tons of brake dust and not look so sharp after driving any distance.

Of course, after talking to the company that Jag recommends, Classic Powder Coating, I think the amount of time required (up to a month) will be the deal braker (!) here, (plus the $2K price tag is not exactly winning me over.)
My other suggestion besides Black , was Charcoal Grey , like what is already on the Grey & Diamond Turned Wheels ! That way it would have blended in with the wheels and been more subtle ! But NOT for *2K* , NO WAY ! As much as I like my ideas , I don't think I would ever put that much into customizing JUST the calipers ! As I said in your other thread , your F-Pace is already *ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS* ! :)

I do think that one problem with your price quote , may very well be the location you are in ! "The suburbs of DC" ! If you still are interested , I would span my search out further away from the DC BELTWAY !
Just my opinion ! ;)

Reactions: Jetman

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My other suggestion besides Black , was Charcoal Grey , like what is already on the Grey & Diamond Turned Wheels ! That way it would have blended in with the wheels and been more subtle ! But NOT for *2K* , NO WAY ! As much as I like my ideas , I don't think I would ever put that much into customizing JUST the calipers ! As I said in your other thread , your F-Pace is already *ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS* ! :)

I do think that one problem with your price quote , may very well be the location you are in ! "The suburbs of DC" ! If you still are interested , I would span my search out further away from the DC BELTWAY !
Just my opinion ! ;)
No kidding. Especially after I just dropped it off to get it professionally polished, XPEL and Ceramic Pro applied by Capitol Shine. Just cut me off!

·
Super Moderator
1,895 Posts
Try these people they having been doing this for people on the Corvette Forum for years try them and see what they say.

Powder Coater

BTW this is not an advertisement or endorsement for the above business merely a suggestion.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was thrilled to get Red calipers on my "S" (first time I ever had painted calipers) and now it seems that Yellow is all the rage! I was at the dealership the other day and they have a beautiful F-type with yellow calipers and a guy a few streets over has a new grey Lambo also with Yellow calipers! I feel so out of date and now you guys want to go setting a new trend with Black or Silver?! I just can't keep up :D
I wonder how yellow calipers would look on an IRR F-Pace? Anybody out there with awesome Photoshop skills?

Reactions: McKinneyO

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I wonder how yellow calipers would look on an IRR F-Pace? Anybody out there with awesome Photoshop skills?
I like the look of Yellow & Red on top of my Hotdog & Bun (ketchup & mustard) , so I guess it would depend on if DMA wants to honestly ride around looking like a *WIENER* !!! >:)
In other words , that's a *No-No* !!! IMO , of course !!! ;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the referral to The Powder Coater, MKenM, but I would have to take the calipers off my car and ship all four to Georgia, which would be a huge PITA.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Have you looked into caliper covers? Www.calipercovers.com. They look kind of cool and are a lot less hassle than powder coating. BTW, I have never seen them in person so my knowledge is limited. Unfortunately, they don't make them for the R-Sort yet.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Have you looked into caliper covers? Www.calipercovers.com. They look kind of cool and are a lot less hassle than powder coating. BTW, I have never seen them in person so my knowledge is limited. Unfortunately, they don't make them for the R-Sort yet.
R-Sport

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Reactions: hidtawino

·
Registered
21 Posts
I went the MGP Caliper cover route. The install we fairly simple, but did have to coax a couple of them. The rear covers are the perfect size. The front are larger than I anticipated. While I would prefer painted/coated, this option was the most cost effective.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
I went the MGP Caliper cover route. The install we fairly simple, but did have to coax a couple of them. The rear covers are the perfect size. The front are larger than I anticipated. While I would prefer painted/coated, this option was the most cost effective.
They look good. Now if only MGP would hurry and make them for the R-Sport.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't think he meant for you to do that. He was suggesting you drive there.....much easier.
Driving 10 hours to Atlanta is not an option. I don't need Gloss Black calipers THAT badly. ;) But, thanks, for clarifying.

Reactions: GRVR
1 - 19 of 19 Posts